Lincoln Memorial Uni. Post Bac

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I go to UF and I took medical bioethics online so that may be worth looking into.

There's no reason it should not apply. Do not let them bs you into taking undergrad ethics.

Members don't see this ad.

There's no reason it should not apply. Do not let them bs you into taking undergrad ethics.
I guess I didn't fight hard enough. That's why you're darealmvpnc. :) Did any current MS students get "the call" yet? How am I gonna enjoy the Super Bowl like this?

Members don't see this ad :)
I was supposed to have a phone interview today at 230pm; however, I just saw that classes are cancelled after 1pm and offices started closing at 12pm. I'm assuming this means no call? In that case do they just call the next time school is open?

I was supposed to have a phone interview today at 230pm; however, I just saw that classes are cancelled after 1pm and offices started closing at 12pm. I'm assuming this means no call? In that case do they just call the next time school is open?

Yes, they will call you and reschedule a new appointment for phone interview.

Reactions: 1 user
Realistically, the MCAT average is going up at DCOM every year. With that, the master's class MCAT expectation for DCOM admission will rise as well. I do not like people saying that unless you have a 24+ you will likely not get in, you are just simply more likely to be wait-listed. We have not seen the statistics for people pulled off the wait-list yet, and that number has been significant in the past. People have been accepted from the master's class this year with <24.

I applied to this program because I believed according to the statistics (93% of interviewees are accepted) that this was the best program with the highest probability for an acceptance. The other master's programs I looked into were KCUMB, LECOM, and VCOM. KCUMB gave no statistics and you still have to meet the undergrad gpa requirements to matriculate. VCOM required >3.5 graduate gpa for matriculation. LECOM was appealing but I was not accepted for whatever reason. To get an interview with DCOM, all you need is a 3.0 in a program that you are attending to prove to a med school admissions committee that you have what it takes to manage your time properly and be a good student.

What people said about BP vs. AS is true in my opinion as far as faculty relationships etc. however I think it is irrelevant if you take care of business in your classes. Lastly, come to the program motivated and ready to work. If you put in the time, you will be successful.

Inbox me with any ?s

Reactions: 1 users
It is supposed to start in late July, around the last week if nothing has changed since last year. Also, I received an e-mail from Holly saying that acceptance packages will be heading our way very soon.

Does anyone else know if they were accepted yet? I'm excited to meet some fellow classmates.

It is supposed to start in late July, around the last week if nothing has changed since last year. Also, I received an e-mail from Holly saying that acceptance packages will be heading our way very soon.

Does anyone else know if they were accepted yet? I'm excited to meet some fellow classmates.
I am accepted too but provisionally waiting for my background check to be completed.

Members don't see this ad :)
For any Master of Science applicants who were scheduled to have a telephone interview today, please note that our offices are closed today due to snow and ice. Although this is completely out of my control, I apologize for any inconvenience. Upon reopening, someone from our office will be contact with you to reschedule your interview for later this week. Thanks for your patience!

I am supposed to have my phone interview tomorrow...nervous! Does anyone have any pointers?

Just be yourself and like any school, know why you want to be in their program! The interview should last max 10 minutes, mine lasted 7 I think. They only ask 4-5 questions, nothing too off the wall. Keep your phone on you because I've heard they are usually right on time although my call was a few minutes late. Good luck!

I am supposed to have my phone interview tomorrow...nervous! Does anyone have any pointers?

Had my interview yesterday. I was nervous, they ask my more like 10-12 questions but from this thread that seems unusual. They seemed satisfied with my answers even though I felt like I wasn't prepared once they started asking questions. Guess it went well found out this morning I'm provisionally accepted!!!! Yay for plan B!

Reactions: 2 users
Congrats!

Had my interview yesterday. I was nervous, they ask my more like 10-12 questions but from this thread that seems unusual. They seemed satisfied with my answers even though I felt like I wasn't prepared once they started asking questions. Guess it went well found out this morning I'm provisionally accepted!!!! Yay for plan B!

Geez, I have my phone interview today, I'm so nervous. Do they give phone interview's to all applicants or is it similar to medical school where if you get an interview you have a better chance of an acceptance as long as you don't blow it?

I need to ask some questions from current AS student. Would you please message me?

So i had my interview yesterday i think it went well. I was informed that i am being considered for the ms bp program but in the event i was rejected they will offer me a spot in the undergrad pmsp. I've looked everywhere for info on this program and havent found anything. Does anyone have info on this pmsp program? Anyone that has completed it? How does it work and is there any guarantees with that program?

So i had my interview yesterday i think it went well. I was informed that i am being considered for the ms bp program but in the event i was rejected they will offer me a spot in the undergrad pmsp. I've looked everywhere for info on this program and havent found anything. Does anyone have info on this pmsp program? Anyone that has completed it? How does it work and is there any guarantees with that program?
Not to be stupid but what does pmsp stand for. Might help in my search for info. Thanks

post bac medical sciences program.

If you look at my previous post I mention some about the "pmsp". They call it a post bacc. Well for most programs a post bacc is one year and can often lead to guaranteed interview which this does not no matter what they tell you. No post bacc has ever gotten accepted until they achieve the masters degree. The post bacc here to me makes no sense. You start in the fall and if you do well you are admitted to the masters in the spring and finish it in the fall so essentially a 1.5yr post bac leading to masters. I have no idea what they expect you to do in the spring after that 1.5yr mark. If you can't get into this masters or another masters/post bacc with linkage you probably need to seriously look over your application. The programs are really supposed to be gpa enhancers. You should aLready have an avg mcat and good ECs before starting a post bacc/masters but that's my opinion

Last edited:
On a side note, all masters students who earned a 3.0 have now been interviewed and received an acceptance, waitlist, or reject. There are no official stats yet and they take forever to tell us the stats. I'm sure they'll let you new guys know as soon as your tuition is paid.

I'll give you my honest observations so far. Most if not all Low mcat students were wait listed and that means 23 or less, even those with 24s were wait listed with 3.4+ fall gpa. There are students with low mcats and 4.0 master gpas that have been wait listed. The theme? look at the average for the new mcat (I'd at least 25 on the old for next year) and decide if you need to retake prior to arrival. Remember that this is just waitlist and I expect many of them to be accepted but they are being "more cautious" (straight from DCOM) in handing out masters acceptances. Some adcoms here have said stats are really emphasized at DCOM but I don't know how true that is

As I've mentioned before, this program has been a great benefit to me. I have learned so much and it has opened up many opportunities. I write these posts to let you all know the raw unbiased info that was definitely not transparent prior to our arrival the last year. None of the masters admins know or deal with DCOM admissions directly. They lied to a lot of people in my class about their mcat being fine if they did well in the fall. Now DCOM says to retake to those same students. If you want to know where you stand as an applicant, call DCOM admissions or any other schools admissions and they will tell you. The masters admins have no control over DCOM admissions and the best they can do is give you a recommendation which may or may not mean anything. I'd really hate for new students to get that same false impression that current students did. You will succeed here if you are the right applicant.

Last edited:
Here is my perspective..

Well.... first of all, I'm going to say be very cautious what you say on a public network/forum. The Admin from the school does look at this page.

However, I am going to piggy back on this and say a lot of this is not true. DCOM definitely looks at a whole applicant while choosing students to attend their medical school, or I would not be in the amazing position I am in today.

There was definitely a range of students who got accepted right away this year. Those with low MCATs(21/22) but did great in the MS program(4.0), those with average MCAT's(24/25) and did average in the MS program(3.5 )and those with low MCATs(21/22) and did okay in the MS Program(3.2). You just have to prove you have what it takes. Volunteer, talk with professors, get your name out there! Don't say mean things to professors, or Holly or anyone else who helps you get through masters program. It is a small town and people do talk and see everything you do. Be cautious about what you post on social media. Find an old Masters student and let them help you in MGA. Be kind to everyone. Do well in your interview. They have a file for everyone and everything you do can go in there. Do not give them a reason to not accept you! Even those students on the waitlist have an amazing chance! You just have to be persistent!!

If any of you have any questions, feel free to message me! I was recently accepted and truly cannot say how much opportunity and amazing experiences this program has given me. Don't let trolls ruin your hope of being an amazing student, Master's student and Medical Student.

-Cheers!

Last edited:
The people point of a public forum is for it to be public...

Definitely not a troll if I'm giving facts and stating when I'm giving opinion...

I'm not a disgruntled student. Ive said in all my posts I'm grateful for this opportunity and it has led to many successes in this school and others. I've been accepted to medical school (I won't say where) and it is definitely because of this program. New students should know everything Current students know. No admin at any school is going to tell you everything.

You won't probably won't regret being here if you work hard, I know I don't regret it

Anyway, I'm not gonna make this a hostile thread about this or that and, because that sucks and I am a positive person. Remember this is a big decision and its usually a leap of faith, it was for me. That lead Paid off big. If you feel confident about your decision, stick to it. If you're on the fence get all the info you can and make an educated decision. Its annoyingly hard to get into med school, do whatever you need to make yourself the applicant schools want! DCOM loves students who are normal and pleasant to be around, bring your positive attitude to this community

Last edited:
The people point of a public forum is for it to be public...

Definitely not a troll if I'm giving facts and stating when I'm giving opinion...

I'm not a disgruntled student. Ive said in all my posts I'm grateful for this opportunity and it has led to many successes in this school and others. I've been accepted to medical school (I won't say where) and it is definitely because of this program. New students should know everything Current students know. No admin at any school is going to tell you everything.

You won't probably won't regret being here if you work hard, I know I don't regret it

Anyway, I'm not gonna make this a hostile thread about this or that and, because that sucks and I am a positive person. Remember this is a big decision and its usually a leap of faith, it was for me. That lead Paid off big. If you feel confident about your decision, stick to it. If you're on the fence get all the info you can and make an educated decision. Its annoyingly hard to get into med school, do whatever you need to make yourself the applicant schools want! DCOM loves students who are normal and pleasant to be around, bring your positive attitude to this community

I was not in any way trying to make this a hostile thread, so I am sorry if you feel that I was. Like you, I really appreciate all this program and the people running this program have done for me. I like to do my absolute best to try to promote the opportunities it has and shed them onto prospective students. Best of luck medical school and fingers crossed for you for DCOM!

This is not the place for anyone to air their grievances with this program or school. Glad to see some folks supporting this program but if you think for one second that administration does not watch stuff like this you're wrong. Oh and we can all see that you edited your posts today after being held accountable...doesn't work that way in the real world buddy.

I'm a current AS track student accepted to DCOM. And anyone "disgruntled" about not getting in, talking about lies, or faculty clearly MISSED the point of the program. This program doesn't guarantee you anywhere that you'll get in. No one promises that an A in MGA would replace a bad MCAT. The stats aren’t misleading either- last year 93% of the class got in. This year they doubled the class size but I’m sure majority of us will STILL get in after the waitlist. Programs change and grow with demand. It isn’t going to be the same every year.

My advice: if anyone who loves anatomy has the opportunity to be in the AS track, they should ask for a switch. If your stats are high enough, you will have to take less deficiencies, form better relationships with professors that will advocate for you if they like you (some are even on the admissions board), and from what I know no AS track student has been denied acceptance for the past 2 years (And this year looks to be shaping up similarly). The course load is somewhat easier too but you need higher stats to get into the AS track. I had a 28 MCAT and 3.2 gpa. I got a B in MGA and had around a 3.6 gpa in the Masters Fall semester.

And MOST importantly, faculty relationships are really important. Just because some people don't see Jennifer as often, doesn't mean she isn't there working hard to prepare material for your classes (RDA paper selection lists anyone?).She’s not just a “glorified secretary”- that’s a rude attitude and I hope the person who said this doesn’t view his or her staff like this in the future. This person clearly doesn’t know her, or cared to. And Holly has always been great, there when I needed her in person, quick to reply to her emails, and the reason I picked this program. She answered all my questions, no matter how many I sent, talked to me over phone and was so helpful. When my dad came to drop me off, she even set us an appointment with Dr. Langley to decide my course schedule without me asking. If she is gone for recruitment, its part of her job but shes still there for us whenever we need to talk. To whoever suggested it, I really don't think anyone could replace Holly.

The faculty here is really sweet and has bent over backwards for me. It’s all a matter of the type of relationship you want with people, and how much you value them. For example, I have gotten stellar recommendation letters, professors have advocated for me to other professors who have told me they've heard good things about me, and I’m even in the process of getting my research presented at a conference in California. Some people got rejected/waitlisted because of their attitude in general (it’s not hard to hide if you’re rotten inside so if your intentions aren’t in the right place- reconsider medicine).

And my best tip is to not play it too safe when you get here. When you get to the program there is a lot of talk about “professionalism” and “tact”- that doesn’t mean not being yourself, voicing your opinions,or being involved (just do it nicely). Yes grades are most important but if you can push yourself to be proactive about things you care about- you should. Take the time to get to know your professors, talk to them about your beliefs and if you had a problem with something, explore opportunities, and don’t play it safe by laying low unless you are really are that kind of person. This is your opportunity to show them who you are!

Finally whoever said the faculty isn’t connected with the DCOM faculty or admissions clearly hasn’t built relationships with Dr. Gassler, Dr. Langley, Dr. Titlebaum and other professors on the board who you get to interact with if you choose to. Even professors not on the admissions board- if you impress them or piss them off, they go and TELL the professors on the admissions board about you which comes up during your application review.

If anyone has questions, message me. And take what everyone says with a grain of salt. It’s what you make of the program. If you're enthusiastic about learning, building connections, gaining more exposure through opportunities, and becoming a physician then I highly HIGHLY recommend it. If you want to be here because you want a guarantee and easy way to become a doctor, reconsider your life choices.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
I was not in any way trying to make this a hostile thread, so I am sorry if you feel that I was. Like you, I really appreciate all this program and the people running this program have done for me. I like to do my absolute best to try to promote the opportunities it has and shed them onto prospective students. Best of luck medical school and fingers crossed for you for DCOM!
No no it wasn't aimed at you, didn't want others to feel like there's a problem

This is not the place for anyone to air their grievances with this program or school. Glad to see some folks supporting this program but if you think for one second that administration does not watch stuff like this you're wrong. Oh and we can all see that you edited your posts today after being held accountable...doesn't work that way in the real world buddy.
Yes that's why the edit button is there. Edited my posts since its clear what I had mentioned in my first post "some will clearly disagree" is becoming a real issue. Don't want to derail the thread or give a bad vibe

I'll say it again, this is a great program. I simply posted facts about it that are not mentioned. And I've stated my opinion at times

I know they look on this

For PMSP clarification...

The program is purposefully not mentioned on the website due to the fact that it is an invite-only program and we want to keep the number of students in that program low.

I don't feel that we "take forever" to give potential or current students answers on any questions or statistics. I (Holly) and my fellow staff members along with the faculty move as quickly as possible to provide requested information. This pertains not only to academically-related questions. It also pertains to answering questions about the area, clothing needed for winter, etc.

For potential students who have questions about the MS or PMSP program, you are welcome to contact Jennifer or I at any time. I will be working in Arizona this week but will be monitoring my email as always. It may sound cliche, but we genuinely do care about our students (past, present and future). I'm pleased to see that their positive attitudes shine through! :)

Reactions: 7 users
Has anyone with a provisional acceptance heard anything after their background check was complete?

Somewhat with "darealmvpnc" he's right about the MCAT avg. being raised.
Here is my perspective..

Well.... first of all, I'm going to say be very cautious what you say on a public network/forum. The Admin from the school does look at this page.

However, I am going to piggy back on this and say a lot of this is not true. DCOM definitely looks at a whole applicant while choosing students to attend their medical school, or I would not be in the amazing position I am in today.

There was definitely a range of students who got accepted right away this year. Those with low MCATs(21/22) but did great in the MS program(4.0), those with average MCAT's(24/25) and did average in the MS program(3.5 )and those with low MCATs(21/22) and did okay in the MS Program(3.2). You just have to prove you have what it takes. Volunteer, talk with professors, get your name out there! Don't say mean things to professors, or Holly or anyone else who helps you get through masters program. It is a small town and people do talk and see everything you do. Be cautious about what you post on social media. Find an old Masters student and let them help you in MGA. Be kind to everyone. Do well in your interview. They have a file for everyone and everything you do can go in there. Do not give them a reason to not accept you! Even those students on the waitlist have an amazing chance! You just have to be persistent!!

If any of you have any questions, feel free to message me! I was recently accepted and truly cannot say how much opportunity and amazing experiences this program has given me. Don't let trolls ruin your hope of being an amazing student, Master's student and Medical Student.

-Cheers!
False, I don't know anyone who interviewed at a regular time with a 21/22 and 4.0 in the program who was accepted unless they were an abnormal applicant with significant scientific/business/etc. experience, publications etc. What "darealmvpnc" was saying is a fair observation in my opinion. It seems the MCAT was the gold standard for this years incoming class. 24 seemed to be the number to get an immediate acceptance, with the expectation that you performed well in the masters class.

I get that you're trying to encourage the incoming class, but to give false hope is also wrong. It is abnormal for an applicant with a 21/22 to be IMMEDIATELY accepted regardless of their masters GPA from what I've seen.

but again, we have not seen how many of us are pulled of the wait list yet so that could be untrue for the ultimate result!

Accepted!!! :clap: yayy me. Now its time to get ready for the real work.

Accepted!!! :clap: yayy me. Now its time to get ready for the real work.

Btw, there's a facebook group for the incoming class. Link has been posted if you scroll back through the thread.

For a little more information on the background checks, those take 7 to 10 business days to process after students submit their information via the website. That's the timeline set forth by the company (this is the same company that DCOM uses by the way). From our end, Jennifer can see if you are in the process of completing the background check. We watch check those statuses multiple times each day in hopes of expediting the process for you.

Also, several acceptance packets were mailed out last week, so they are on the way to some of you. Also, although I am still in AZ, I have been notified of a few other acceptances as of late this afternoon. I have contacted a couple of students informally via email and will be contacting a couple more tomorrow. If you are notified by me via email, your hard copy documentation will be sent to you early next week.

Reactions: 1 users
For a little more information on the background checks, those take 7 to 10 business days to process after students submit their information via the website. That's the timeline set forth by the company (this is the same company that DCOM uses by the way). From our end, Jennifer can see if you are in the process of completing the background check. We watch check those statuses multiple times each day in hopes of expediting the process for you.

Also, several acceptance packets were mailed out last week, so they are on the way to some of you. Also, although I am still in AZ, I have been notified of a few other acceptances as of late this afternoon. I have contacted a couple of students informally via email and will be contacting a couple more tomorrow. If you are notified by me via email, your hard copy documentation will be sent to you early next week.

Thanks for the info! Safe travels!

The Facebook link a few pages back isn't working. It says the link is expired, can someone please repost. Thanks

Provisional acceptance into BP track pending background check.

Does anyone know the hours for classes? I'd like to live closer to Knoxville if possible.

Received my acceptance letter in the mail and sent in my deposit! :) :) Now I'm on the hunt for rentals, since I won't be able to live on campus with my 3 cats.

Got accepted! My application went through really quick. My stats are not the best ones but I will say I have a really good resume with a lot of shadowing and great recommendation letters that Im sure helped. Also, the fact that I am an international student and Hispanic may have helped some. Good luck to everybody!

Reactions: 4 users