Lincoln Memorial Uni. Post Bac

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey if there are any past Biomedical Professions masters willing to talk I would appreciate if you could PM me please! Thanks :)

Members don't see this ad.

Can someone from the LMU master class of 2015-2016 tell me what was the ratio of people who get accepted into the program this year? How many got interview in the first place and how many got waitlisted and how many got accepted off the waitlist? Thank you.

Members don't see this ad :)
That information is not available yet. Wait listed students are expecting to hear back sometime within the next couple weeks

Reactions: 1 user
Is anyone looking for a roommate? I'm looking for a female roommate to share a house/apartment with.

I am waiting to hear back from the background check agency right now (I think it has been about 8-9 days). Does the BC agency email you when they finish or does it go straight to LMU? Also, did it take long to hear back about a final acceptance after that?

I am waiting to hear back from the background check agency right now (I think it has been about 8-9 days). Does the BC agency email you when they finish or does it go straight to LMU? Also, did it take long to hear back about a final acceptance after that?
I am also waiting back for the background check. I figure at the end of the 10 days if I haven't received word I will call/email LMU to verify.

I am thinking about living on campus. Any thoughts?

I am also waiting back for the background check. I figure at the end of the 10 days if I haven't received word I will call/email LMU to verify.

I am thinking about living on campus. Any thoughts?

I just heard back from Castle Branch yesterday afternoon. Still unsure if I need to inform LMU that it has been completed or if they already know. I hoping to hear back about a full acceptance soon!

I'm probably going to try to live on campus as well. It just seems like the best place to focus solely on studying.

just got my official acceptance letter today!
this week is going to be crazy busy kinda making a checklist:

fafsa done;

this academic program would be under pre-medical sciences, right?
the housing app has DO PA and pre-med
for on-campus housing, i'm putting university inn 1 bedroom studio, any major downsides to this?

immunizations form, can this possibly be done by employee health at the hospital i work at? it says "physician or health department official" does anyone know?

thanks and looking forward to meeting everybody!

when do people check in? what exactly is first day of school? like when do most people arrive on campus? with and without the boot camp...thanks

just got my official acceptance letter today!
this week is going to be crazy busy kinda making a checklist:

fafsa done;

this academic program would be under pre-medical sciences, right?
the housing app has DO PA and pre-med
for on-campus housing, i'm putting university inn 1 bedroom studio, any major downsides to this?

immunizations form, can this possibly be done by employee health at the hospital i work at? it says "physician or health department official" does anyone know?

thanks and looking forward to meeting everybody!

i also had question about immunization, do you just fill in the times and have them confirmed by someone? how do you remember when you had immunizations??

anyone know the facebook class link please? so ppl post housing rent on the class site?

Members don't see this ad :)
i also had question about immunization, do you just fill in the times and have them confirmed by someone? how do you remember when you had immunizations??

Luckily my parents were crazy about keeping records, so i still have all my original medical records for everything; i know when i changed jobs employee health just looked at my records and filled them out. we just don't have a physician over employee health, it would be an RN signing it

worst case i just go to a walk-in and have them look at it

Luckily my parents were crazy about keeping records, so i still have all my original medical records for everything; i know when i changed jobs employee health just looked at my records and filled them out. we just don't have a physician over employee health, it would be an RN signing it

worst case i just go to a walk-in and have them look at it
i don't know what to do now. are they gonna NOT let me in because i cannot get my immunuzation record together??

I'm a current biomedical masters student who is waitlisted for DCOM. I can tell you all that 92% of masters students (class size was in the 80's) were accepted last year (the class before mine). This year they told us that we needed A's and B's in all of our classes and a 23+ MCAT to be accepted. Last year they did accept people who got C's in MGA but they explicitly told us that would not happen for our class. I spoke with someone on the admissions committee and was told that roughly half of my class (50% of 100 students) has been accepted. There is also a rumor that there are only 25 of us on the waitlist, which means that 25 people were straight up rejected. I know a few people with lower than 23 MCATS who have been accepted and are included in the 50% that I mentioned before.

I know for certain that there were people who got C's in MGA who petitioned for an interview. The deal is that you receive an interview if you get a 3.0 in your masters classes and it was possible to get this GPA with a C in MGA and an A in all of your other classes. Therefore those students petitioned and were allowed to interview. However, it would appear that they didn't have a real chance.

As for those of us on the waitlist, there are a number of students who have said that they got A's in MGA and there are a number of us with 23+ MCATs. The admissions committee meets on Wednesdays and phone calls go out on Thursday and Friday so hopefully we'll be hearing back soon. Either way, if the rumors are true, no more than 75% of us will be accepted. So the numbers dipped significantly from the previous year (92%) and this year (75%). If you all want more specifics PM me.

i don't know what to do now. are they gonna NOT let me in because i cannot get my immunuzation record together??

For immunization records, I just printed out a form from my doctor (I have kaiser) with the dates of my immunizations. They aren't super strict about it. If you have titers drawn that'll do. Just email Holly, she'll take care of you.

Last edited:
I'm a current biomedical masters student who is waitlisted for DCOM. I can tell you all that 92% of masters students (class size was in the 80's) were accepted last year (the class before mine). This year they told us that we needed A's and B's in all of our classes and a 23+ MCAT to be accepted. Last year they did accept people who got C's in MGA but they explicitly told us that would not happen for our class. I spoke with someone on the admissions committee and was told that roughly half of my class (50% of 100 students) has been accepted. There is also a rumor that there are only 25 of us on the waitlist, which means that 25 people were straight up rejected. I know a few people with lower than 23 MCATS who have been accepted and are included in the 50% that I mentioned before.

I know for certain that there were people who got C's in MGA who petitioned for an interview. The deal is that you receive an interview if you get a 3.0 in your masters classes and it was possible to get this GPA with a C in MGA and an A in all of your other classes. Therefore those students petitioned and were allowed to interview. However, it would appear that they didn't have a real chance.

As for those of us on the waitlist, there are a number of students who have said that they got A's in MGA and there are a number of us with 23+ MCATs. The admissions committee meets on Wednesdays and phone calls go out on Thursday and Friday so hopefully we'll be hearing back soon. Either way, if the rumors are true, no more than 75% of us will be accepted. So the numbers dipped significantly from the previous year (92%) and this year (75%). If you all want more specifics PM me.

For immunization records, I just printed out a form from my doctor (I have kaiser) with the dates of my immunizations. They aren't super strict about it. If you have titers drawn that'll do. Just email Holly, she'll take care of you.
thank you! i am sorry about this, i mean it does not even make sense that ppl with lower mcat score got accepted but ppl with A in MGA AND 23+ got waitlisted...
i hope that you will hear good news very soon!

Last edited by a moderator:
My best advice to those of you that are coming to join us this year: the Anatomy Boot Camp and the Fall Semester is part of your interview and is MUCH more significant than anything you do in the Spring semester. While you are expected to maintain good grades, DO NOT SIT AROUND AND STUDY ALL DAY. I can't emphasize how important this is! You need to get involved with the school in one way or another and you NEED to be known to the committee members and faculty. I know students with good grades and MCAT scores in the upper 20s that were waitlisted because they were practically invisible. There are students with MCAT scores as low as 21 that were accepted because they not only did well, but they were involved.

While Dean Kessler is pushing for higher numbers overall, it doesn't change that DCOM is still very much looking for students that are good matches for the DCOM family.

Reactions: 1 users
My best advice to those of you that are coming to join us this year: the Anatomy Boot Camp and the Fall Semester is part of your interview and is MUCH more significant than anything you do in the Spring semester. While you are expected to maintain good grades, DO NOT SIT AROUND AND STUDY ALL DAY. I can't emphasize how important this is! You need to get involved with the school in one way or another and you NEED to be known to the committee members and faculty. I know students with good grades and MCAT scores in the upper 20s that were waitlisted because they were practically invisible. There are students with MCAT scores as low as 21 that were accepted because they not only did well, but they were involved.

While Dean Kessler is pushing for higher numbers overall, it doesn't change that DCOM is still very much looking for students that are good matches for the DCOM family.
What are some good things to do to get involved?

Sent from my 831C using SDN mobile

What are some good things to do to get involved?

Sent from my 831C using SDN mobile

If you're interested in doing research, start reading up on some of the things that our faculties member do and contact them early. DCOM frequently holds community events - volunteer to help out. If you write particularly good notes and study guides, share them with your classmates. The important thing is to be an asset to your class in one way or another. The school is SMALL, people talk, and word gets around like wildfire. When news of you trickles down the grapevine to the faculty members, you'll want it to be something positive - and yes, everything eventually gets back to faculty.

Hey everyone! I just got provisionally accepted into the AS track about a week ago, and I was wondering how long it took to get your official acceptance? I want to do the anatomy boot camp so I'm hoping I get my official acceptance by then. Any information would be so helpful. Thanks!

I would shoot Dr. Langley an email tomorrow if you're interested in attending boot camp. We start on July 5th so there's not much time left and it'll show that you're interested in attending.

I was just provisionally accepted as well. Does anyone know which amount of students from the program actually matriculate into the med school

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

I was just provisionally accepted as well. Does anyone know which amount of students from the program actually matriculate into the med school

We won't know for sure until they officially close acceptance to the class of 2020 which may not happen until orientation. Currently, we're sitting between 50-60% of the masters class has been accepted. Your odds of getting accepted are higher as an anatomical student, but AS students have better stats overall in most cases so it is the harder of the two programs to get into.

Do you know if they e-mailed the official acceptance letter or if they sent one by mail?

Yep - what Jon Snow said.

Where can I find the research that the faculty members are doing? Also, are there any on-campus jobs available for graduate students?

You can see what they're interested in doing by looking under their faculty profile in the staff directory. You can find the staff directory on the DCOM page. There aren't any campus jobs for grad students as far as I know.

I have an interview with LMU masters committee next week. What did they ask you guys? Any tips?

A mistake you've made and how it was corrected. Why are you even going to the program. What are good qualities in a Doctor. What are two negative things about you and how can you fix it.

Hey everyone! I just got provisionally accepted into the AS track about a week ago, and I was wondering how long it took to get your official acceptance? I want to do the anatomy boot camp so I'm hoping I get my official acceptance by then. Any information would be so helpful. Thanks!
welcome to our class.

I would like to apply for fall term but is it too late to apply?!

Just withdrew my acceptance hopefully someone gets it

Does anyone know what the final count is on masters students being accepted into the class of 2020? I have a friend who wants to apply to the masters program but he can't find those statistics.

It looks like this program isn't a very good gaurentee for people with low MCAT

It doesn't seem like many people have posted about applying for 2017-2018. Is there another thread somewhere? I just interviewed for the MS Anatomical Sciences today. Has anybody else applied / accepted?

Does this post-bacc even exist anymore or is it just called the Masters of Sciences?

It doesn't seem like many people have posted about applying for 2017-2018. Is there another thread somewhere? I just interviewed for the MS Anatomical Sciences today. Has anybody else applied / accepted?

I was accepted to the Anatomical Sciences program earlier this month. Pretty sure I'm gonna attend