Lincoln Memorial University - College of Veterinary Medicine C/O 2019

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Good luck to everyone! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Did anyone else have a mini heart attack when they saw the email from Genell? Ugh I want to know already!!!!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Yes! One of the girls in my interview group was called yesterday...So they have started the process :) good luck, everyone

Reactions: 1 users
Ugh, here's hoping there's still a chance of us earlier interview folks

Reactions: 1 user
I don't think when we interviewed is all that important

Best of luck to everyone still waiting! I released my spot as I was accepted elsewhere.

Just emailed Genell to decline my seat on the waitlist

Members don't see this ad :)
I feel as if I have been able to keep a steady head up until this point but am now beginning to feel the pressure. I wish we knew the depth of the alternate list or roughly how full the class is at this time. Do you think they will notify us when the class is full?

They will notify us, most likely, and will definitely notify us if we're still on the wait-list in August. I know how it is trying to keep calm and carry on; I'm on the wait-list at two schools and it's kinda nerve-wracking! But we'll be OK. One of the recent posts from someone accepted said the group on FB was only about half students and some of them left the class to go elsewhere, so I think there's a fair chance for many of us... but who knows!

They will notify us, most likely, and will definitely notify us if we're still on the wait-list in August. I know how it is trying to keep calm and carry on; I'm on the wait-list at two schools and it's kinda nerve-wracking! But we'll be OK. One of the recent posts from someone accepted said the group on FB was only about half students and some of them left the class to go elsewhere, so I think there's a fair chance for many of us... but who knows!

You should definitely know before August. They released the schedule and the first day of orientation is August 3rd I believe. In order to give you time to get things in order I assume they will notify you guys before that time.

Is anyone here applying to the masters program at LMU as a back up plan?
I was thinking about it but are guaranteed a seat if we do?? I don't want to waste my time, I live out of state And can't keep running back and forth.

I think you are guaranteed an interview if you maintain a 3.0 in the masters program. And you are not guaranteed admission to the MS, it is a competitive program...I do not think they conduct interviews for it.

declining my OOS seat so hoping one of you get it :)

I've also declined my spot on the wait-list, since I got into my in-state school :) I'm hoping it'll go to one of you :D

Update: according to Genell the class is now full. Apparently there's still a waitlist (still on it : P), I guess if someone who accepted backs out, but that probably won't be very common.

I was on the waitlist and just emailed Genell to decline my spot. Good luck everyone! :)

Update: according to Genell the class is now full. Apparently there's still a waitlist (still on it : P), I guess if someone who accepted backs out, but that probably won't be very common.

That seems odd. They must have had a ton of people on the wait list, then.

Still on the waitlist as well... I'm going to keep a positive outlook and remain hopeful!! I wonder how many are on the waitlist?

Hey everyone! Just got a call yesterday offering me a seat from the waitlist, so it is still moving!

Hey everyone! Just got a call yesterday offering me a seat from the waitlist, so it is still moving!
Awesome!! :) Just wondering but did you have to make a decision on the spot? Thanks!!

It's my understanding that if you are called off of this 'new' wait list you have 48 hours to accept

I was left a voicemail at about 3 oclock on Thursday, and was given until Monday at noon to call with my deposit.

I was left a voicemail at about 3 oclock on Thursday, and was given until Monday at noon to call with my deposit.
Oh I see! Thank you for the information and congrats :clap:!

Omg guys I just recieved a seat in the class. I am beyond excited, I can't wait to see everyone in the fall!!!

Glad to know the waitlist is still moving.

Hello, so I'm seriously considering going to LMU but I know it's situated in a very small place. Are any of you familiar with the surround areas? Like the closest city? I need to live somewhere where my husband can find a job and commuting wouldn't be bad for me.

Hello, so I'm seriously considering going to LMU but I know it's situated in a very small place. Are any of you familiar with the surround areas? Like the closest city? I need to live somewhere where my husband can find a job and commuting wouldn't be bad for me.

The nearest large city is Knoxville, about an hour south. Morristown is decent size and is about 45 minutes away. Most spouses end up in one of those two places for work.