Lincoln Memorial University - College of Veterinary Medicine C/O 2019

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Which group were you in Monday, trying to figure out if we possibly met...
Afternoon group but I met people from the morning too :)

Members don't see this ad.

I withdrew my app since I got an interview to penn for the same date that my LMU interview was supposed to be. So....anyone who hasn't heard from LMU, a spot just opened up for an interview. Good luck guys <3

Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone else here anything today???
Also I really wish we knew how many people they extend interview offers to...

Are they finished offering interviews? It sounds like it.

I am not entirely sure if this has been asked on this thread, but I am curious to know what people have been wearing to interviews?

I am not entirely sure if this has been asked on this thread, but I am curious to know what people have been wearing to interviews?

Professional dress. Same as for every other school.

This is getting depressing:/ maybe when their office opens up first thing January I will get a call or email or something........:/

Genell said they offered/will be offering interviews to every qualified application that comes through this cycle. I interviewed the 15th and she said there was still a lot of applications to go through that will be sending out more interviews. Early offers were only offered to a select amount of students, the rest won't hear until March.

That is a ridiculous amount of people to interview...especially when I have yet to hear that anyone has been flat out rejected from them. Does anyone know if they are waiting to send out rejections or have they sent some out yet? Just curious I interviewed on the 11th and Genell told me that the latest that we will hear back from the school will be March, which I took to mean that we will know before then of our status.

I was wondering also if they are just looking at the applications in order...I got mine in really late. I interviewed last year and loved it! I am hoping for an interview again!

Got the call today I am in!

I AM GONNA BE A VET AHHHHHHHHH!

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I got the call just now too! YAY 2/2 acceptances :D :D Congrats to everyone else!!

Reactions: 2 users
I felt like such an idiot because I didn't know what to say...and then the tears started lol!

I feel like nobody knows what to say! I literally said thank you 20 times. I couldn't stop responding with thank you

I felt like such an idiot because I didn't know what to say...and then the tears started lol!

He left me a message lol. I don't know what I'm going to say when he calls back....I'll be like "oh ! yay!....What now." lol

What did he say regarding next steps? Or what we would like to pursue regarding more information or orientation information etc?

He left me a message lol. I don't know what I'm going to say when he calls back....I'll be like "oh ! yay!....What now." lol

What did he say regarding next steps? Or what we would like to pursue regarding more information or orientation information etc?

I believe they are sending an official letter with information

Reactions: 1 user
He told me that there would be a packet in the mail! He gave the whole talk about April 14th being the day to decide and that they would be happy to have us!

Fingers crossed I get a call soon! Waiting is so nerve wrecking...

Good Luck guys! I am sure you will hear back soon!

I think most applicants were being notified in march or April but in extraordinary circumstances where they felt an applicant was extremely qualified, or something like that, they'd call sooner.

If yall don't mind sharing what are some of the stats of the people who were accepted already

Here are my stats if it helps anyone.

1st time applicant
22 year old female, PA resident
Major: Biology with a specialization in Pre-Med
**Graduated in 3 years**

Overall GPA: 3.65
Science GPA: 3.40
Last 45: 3.65

GRE (Q/V/W): 152/151/4

Vet Experience:
300 hours with a LA vet
750 hours with two different SA vets
12 hours with an equine vet
25 hours with a wildlife vet

Animal Experience:
700 hours rehabilitating sick and injured PA wildlife including bears, deer, owls, hawks, muskrats, and many others!
300 hours working with black bears (This included processing them, den entrances, and collaring)
^^(My dad is a Game Warden)
100 hours of pet ownership (Although I don't know if they counted this)

I didn't list all of my stuff, but this gives you the gist of it. For the most part they were overly impressed with all of my wildlife experiences and how crazy it was that I got to play with bears!

Here are my stats too...might as well get started posting with my successful applicant stats somewhere! :D

2nd time applicant, 1st time applying to LMU
22 year old female, CA resident
Major: Animal Science, went to UC Davis for undergrad

Overall GPA: 3.41
Science GPA: 3.09
Last 45: 3.69

GRE (Q/V/A):
160/155/4.0

Vet Experience:

1500 hours working in SA general practice clinics
100 hours interning under bovine vet helping with a research project dealing with BRSV (got to bottle feed 5 week old calves TID!!)
150 hours interning under a nationally recognized equine assisted reproduction veterinarian (that a vet on my interview panel knew personally :O)
40 hours working at the UC Davis Large Animal ICU

Animal Experience:

40 hours working at the UC Davis Swine Facility
500 hours working at the UC Davis Nutrition and Pet Care Center (essentially a SPF cat colony with 700 cats, we sell them to research facilities like Hill's)
80 hours working at Helen Woodward Animal Center in San Diego
1800 hours working at a full service hunter jumper barn in San Diego
miscellaneous hours here and there prepping horses for sale, volunteering to train foals, etc.

Letters of Recommendation:
Nationally recognized board certified equine assisted reproduction veterinarian
Supervisor at the UC Davis Nutrition and Pet Care Center
Animal Science Professor from UC Davis, PhD and on Princeton's top 500 professors in United States

Other info:
Worked at Tilly's from 2010-2012
Worked at Kohl's from 2011-2013
Dean's Honor List for 3 quarters (not subsequently)
President of one of the Equestrian Teams at UC Davis from 2011-2014
Member of the Vet Aide club at UC Davis from 2010-2014

So I consider myself of more of a holistic applicant...I don't have the best grades in the world, but I consider my experience, hours, and letters to be working for me. I have applied to LMU, KState, OK State, Auburn, Iowa, and Tufts. I have received interviews to LMU, KState, Iowa, and Auburn, and have already been accepted to LMU and KState. I have yet to attend Auburn or Iowa's interviews.

Does anyone know if they are looking at applications in the order they are received? I have not heard anything on an interview or rejection. I did interview last year so I am hoping for another one but I am not sure it is looking good :(. I want to go to this school so bad! I didn't get my VMCAS in until Oct. 1 and my supplemental in until Nov. 10th or so. Is there anyone that got their application in later like mine that has(interview or rejection) or has not heard anything?

Does anyone know if they are looking at applications in the order they are received? I have not heard anything on an interview or rejection. I did interview last year so I am hoping for another one but I am not sure it is looking good :(. I want to go to this school so bad! I didn't get my VMCAS in until Oct. 1 and my supplemental in until Nov. 10th or so. Is there anyone that got their application in later like mine that has(interview or rejection) or has not heard anything?

I had my stuff in fairly early maybe mid-august or there abouts and i heard back in November. I did call at one point to ask if my application had been received and Genell was super nice! She told me everything that I needed to know in order to calm down! So maybe try giving her a call on Monday?

Yeah she said that they will be looking at application in through the spring semester. I guess no news is good news.

Do any current students recommend living on campus?

If so what all did you end up having to take and or buy after you moved in?

congrats to all who have been accepted!

There's about 10 girls that live on campus, and 3 guys. I did my undergrad at LMU, and while the dorms are nice and new, I personally wanted to live off campus so I could a) have my dog and b) pay less rent. For a private room, on campus is $1000/month. This includes 2 rooms (1 larger room split into 2 smaller) with 2 closets and a bathroom. 3 rooms per apartment-there's one apartment that has 6 people.

I pay about $650 sharing a house with my dog with the master room (my roommates pay $400) and there are certainly cheaper options.

On campus provides everything you need-bed, desk, dresser, all appliances and utilities. Most of the on campus people are from the West, where moving would have been more difficult.

Let me know if y'all have any other questions!

Last edited:
Which state do you think would be the best to live in that has decent pet friendly places. My newest adopted furbaby definitely is coming lol.

Which state do you think would be the best to live in that has decent pet friendly places. My newest adopted furbaby definitely is coming lol.
Either Middlesboro, KY or Harrogate/Cumberland Gap/Tazewell, TN. While we're in VA 2-3 days a week for labs, the people that live in VA don't have good internet-it tends to be satellite internet, which is slow and has a data cap of 10GB per month (vs 200-250GB with Vyve or AT&T). Watching MediaSite for studying takes up a LOT of internet. Between KY and TN, there's not much difference in pet-friendly housing.

Reactions: 2 users
After not hearing anything for so long, I got an interview invite! :)

Reactions: 1 users
After not hearing anything for so long, I got an interview invite! :)
Congratulations! But out of curiosity, when did you submit your application? I didn't get mine submitted until Oct. 1st and I have yet to hear anything.

Congratulations! But out of curiosity, when did you submit your application? I didn't get mine submitted until Oct. 1st and I have yet to hear anything.
I submitted the VMCAS application September 29, and the supplemental application around the first week of October. Good luck!

It's not looking good for me:( I still have not heard anything..maybe I should call if they have got to me yet? Is no news good news..means I haven't been rejected yet?!

I interviewed in December and haven't heard anything either!

Just got an interview for February 27th! :)

Awesome congrats!

Also have an interview for Feb 27th. It looks like the email was sent out to 42 people! Ugh!
Where did everyone stay , hotel wise.
Is there shuttle, and how close is the airport.
Trying to figure out whether to drive or fly.

Reactions: 1 users
Also have an interview for Feb 27th. It looks like the email was sent out to 42 people! Ugh!
Where did everyone stay , hotel wise.
Is there shuttle, and how close is the airport.
Trying to figure out whether to drive or fly.
The airport is in Knoxville, about 1hr 20min from main campus. Most people stay in Middlesboro, KY. The actual interviews are at the DVTC about 15 minutes from main campus in VA.