Lincoln Memorial University - College of Veterinary Medicine C/O 2019

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know when rejection letters are going out? I am thinking that was the last interview weekend. Does anyone know if there will be anymore interview weekends? Boo...I had an interview last year ..Was hoping for one this year.

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know when rejection letters are going out? I am thinking that was the last interview weekend. Does anyone know if there will be anymore interview weekends? Boo...I had an interview last year ..Was hoping for one this year.
There are going to be interviews on the 6th, 13th, and 20th so there's still time!

Members don't see this ad :)
I have an interview with LMU on February 13th, will anybody else be there at this time?

Interview tomorrow and of course I didn't get to my hotel until 2 am! And now I'm just stressing over it...wish me luck! :nailbiting:

Reactions: 1 user
Congratulations! Please let me know how it goes! Like what kind of questions they ask and the process of the day. I know it's supposed to be a whole day thing because they told me to show up at 8:40 am and will be done by 4:00pm. I would love to know what kind of questions they ask!

Figured I'd share- Middlesboro/Harrogate have a few AirBNB's for a good deal cheaper than the Holiday Inn.

I interviewed there in Jan. Questions I got were:
-Talk about yourself, your interest in vet med, in LMU, etc
-Why LMU
-Have you ever been in a situation where you had to be a leader
-Are you aware of the cost of vet school, do you know a realistic starting salary, etc
-What are you most proud of outside of school
-Current issues in vet med
-Etc

Congratulations! Please let me know how it goes! Like what kind of questions they ask and the process of the day. I know it's supposed to be a whole day thing because they told me to show up at 8:40 am and will be done by 4:00pm. I would love to know what kind of questions they ask!
Well besides being extremely sleep deprived and forgetting the word "cropping" (kicking myself for that one), I think it went well!
Some of the questions they asked were:
Why LMU, what am I most proud of (they didn't specify out of school for me), do I know how much the starting salary is, current issues facing veterinarians, was there ever a decision a vet made that I was uncomfortable with, and they asked about about my acting and violin-playing.
I think I talked too fast and it was hard to read my interviewers, but the more I learned and saw of the campus the more I want to go there! I really hope I'm accepted!

New SDNer here! Hey @inanimatezebra my original interview was supposed to be on the 13th as well but I had to change it to the 20th! Best of luck!!
@ObieGirl13 Fingers crossed for you!! Hope you get in! :) :xf:

Also a new SDNer but I joined just to post here about LMU! I interviewed yesterday and I absolutely loved it! The interview was very laid back; the people interviewing you don't review your application beforehand so the interview was completely blind, which I really liked. I basically got the same questions as what people posted above; they just want to get to know you as a person and why you're interested in veterinary medicine. I didn't get any questions about how I plan on paying for vet school - I know there was some debate over whether or not that's a legal question - so I don't think every interviewer asks that. I also didn't get any questions about why I chose LMU specifically, which I honestly thought was a little weird, but overall the interview was a very relaxed experience and nothing to stress over! The school is beautiful; it's in a very rural area, which might deter some people, but honestly all we'll be doing is studying so it really doesn't matter! It's also a lot cheaper to live out there, according to current students, so that's definitely a plus. I was in the morning group for interviews (which was amazing so then the rest of my day was stress-free), so after lunch the current students took us on a tour of the DVTC (where all the labs are held). The equipment is all brand new and state of the art, and everything was super clean because it obviously has only been used by one class. Something that really stuck out to me was that a student said she didn't think she'd be doing as well as she is if she were at a school that has been around for years because since they are the first class, the professors give them a lot of individual attention and really listen to their input regarding exams, class scheduling, etc. I think it would be an incredible opportunity to be a part of starting up a new school and really having a say in shaping the curriculum! After yesterday, this definitely became my first choice! So I just wanted to post here to say good luck to everyone who has interviewed/will interview and I'm hoping some of you will be my future classmates!

Also a new SDNer but I joined just to post here about LMU! I interviewed yesterday and I absolutely loved it! The interview was..

Hey @nikkib91! I'm also new to SDN. Thank you so much for the information!! The school sounds amazing :') I'm even more excited now :laugh: :thumbup:.. best of luck- hope you get in!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks all! I hope I interview in the morning as well! I am so excited about going down there, it looks absolutely beautiful and I love the fact that it is a new school.

I heard the interview is very short (only 20 minutes) did you feel like it was enough time to sell yourself to the school?

New SDNer here! Hey @inanimatezebra my original interview was supposed to be on the 13th as well but I had to change it to the 20th! Best of luck!!
@ObieGirl13 Fingers crossed for you!! Hope you get in! :) :xf:

Thank you! I hope so too. I should have scheduled the 20th because then midterms would be over but I really wanted to go because I got super excited when I got the email. Hopefully we can be in the same class :D

Thanks all! I hope I interview in the morning as well! I am so excited about going down there, it looks absolutely beautiful and I love the fact that it is a new school.

I heard the interview is very short (only 20 minutes) did you feel like it was enough time to sell yourself to the school?

The interviews are 20 minutes, but believe me no matter how long any vet school interview is it always seems to fly! I felt that LMU's interview worked out pretty good. They don't ask too many questions, but they ask enough and if you choose your answers well you will have more than enough time to highlight your unique aspects as an applicant! Good Luck! Is this your first interview? If so relax and be yourself!

The interviews are 20 minutes, but believe me no matter how long any vet school interview is it always seems to fly! I felt that LMU's interview worked out pretty good. They don't ask too many questions, but they ask enough and if you choose your answers well you will have more than enough time to highlight your unique aspects as an applicant! Good Luck! Is this your first interview? If so relax and be yourself!

Hello and thanks for the advice! I interviewed with Ross University about a month ago and my interviewer said that I did an excellent job and felt that I was "veterinary school material" which definitely gave me confidence. The interview we had was 45 minutes and it really did fly. I am going to try to consolidate my best qualities so that I can share them with the interviewers. Most of my experience has been with University of Penn in their behavioral medicine dept. and their Working Dog Center, so its not traditional, however it certainly stands out in some respects. I've also interned at the Philadelphia Zoo, so I got a lot of experience with wildlife and exotics. My GPA isn't my strongest suit because it lies just around a 3.40, however I think the reason they sent me an interview invitation is because my last two semesters have been strong and I have had experience with all different types of animals. It's definitely a bit late, but better late than never!

Are you going to be attending LMU?

Hello and thanks for the advice! I interviewed with Ross University about a month ago and my interviewer said that I did an excellent job and felt that I was "veterinary school material" which definitely gave me confidence. The interview we had was 45 minutes and it really did fly. I am going to try to consolidate my best qualities so that I can share them with the interviewers. Most of my experience has been with University of Penn in their behavioral medicine dept. and their Working Dog Center, so its not traditional, however it certainly stands out in some respects. I've also interned at the Philadelphia Zoo, so I got a lot of experience with wildlife and exotics. My GPA isn't my strongest suit because it lies just around a 3.40, however I think the reason they sent me an interview invitation is because my last two semesters have been strong and I have had experience with all different types of animals. It's definitely a bit late, but better late than never!

Are you going to be attending LMU?

That's awesome! It sounds like you have a good variety of experiences to help you stand out! Are you from PA too??

I am not entirely sure where I want to attend just yet! I have been accepted to LMU so far, but I am waiting on Iowa and Illinois (I interview tomorrow yikes!) before I officially decide!

Congratulations! and yes I am from PA :). Where are you located? I am in the North Philadelphia Area, about a 5 minute drive from UPenn. I was rejected from Iowa already :( but congratulations on your interview to Illinois and congratulations on your acceptance into LMU! I applied to a lot of places and was rejected from a lot of places. Still waiting to hear back from Penn and about my interview at Ross. I have a huge Microbio exam on Tuesday and I'm too jittery to study which is terrible!

Congratulations! and yes I am from PA :). Where are you located? I am in the North Philadelphia Area, about a 5 minute drive from UPenn. I was rejected from Iowa already :( but congratulations on your interview to Illinois and congratulations on your acceptance into LMU! I applied to a lot of places and was rejected from a lot of places. Still waiting to hear back from Penn and about my interview at Ross. I have a huge Microbio exam on Tuesday and I'm too jittery to study which is terrible!

I am on the opposite side of the state lol. About an hour away from Pittsburgh! Hopefully your test went well and I am sure your interview will be fine too!

I received a phone call from the Dean last week and have been accepted. So excited! Still waiting to hear back from one school before making a final decision. But highly considering LMU.

I received a phone call from the Dean last week and have been accepted. So excited! Still waiting to hear back from one school before making a final decision. But highly considering LMU.

Congratulations! What day did you interview if you don't mind my asking? I'm still waiting to hear back, LMU is my top choice, fingers crossed!

For those accepted, typically how long was it until you heard your decision? I'm leaving Thursday for my interview and couldn't be more excited.

For those accepted, typically how long was it until you heard your decision? I'm leaving Thursday for my interview and couldn't be more excited.

I interviewed on December 11th and I got a call around January 7th. So, I would say a month? However it was my understanding that not everyone hears back right away. I was told by March everyone would know of their status!

Thank you, Lilybug1... good luck to you and the others with interviews coming up!

I finally heard back and I received an interview invitation for March 2nd! :) So it looks like they're extending interviews into March.

Do any current students know if any scholarships are available to students?

I finally heard back and I received an interview invitation for March 2nd! :) So it looks like they're extending interviews into March.

I received an interview invite for March 2nd as well! Do you know where you"ll be flying into and where you are going to stay yet??

I got an interview invite today for March 2nd. Does anyone know if the interviews are in groups?

I got an interview invite today for March 2nd. Does anyone know if the interviews are in groups?

You interview alone with 2 faculty members. You are put into 2 groups however, morning and afternoon. Pretty much one group goes to interview first and the other tours then the swap.

Are they literally interviewing everyone that applied? Interviewing into March makes it seems like they are interview soooo many people!

Well most schools do interview up to 300 applicants and I can't speak for the other interview dates, but mine only had 28 applicants present, so to do that they would need about 10 interview dates. Just a thought though!

Are they literally interviewing everyone that applied? Interviewing into March makes it seems like they are interview soooo many people!
Penn does the same thing, they probably interview about 2-2.5x the amount of people they accept.

Well most schools do interview up to 300 applicants and I can't speak for the other interview dates, but mine only had 28 applicants present, so to do that they would need about 10 interview dates. Just a thought though!
There was like 40ish people the day I interviewed, and they have been interviewing since October. Not postive but it seems like they were having upto 3 interview dates a month, so that just seems like a whole bunch of interviews to me. Just curious though..

You interview alone with 2 faculty members. You are put into 2 groups however, morning and afternoon. Pretty much one group goes to interview first and the other tours then the swap.
Okay. Thanks!

I am heading to Tennessee/Virginia now! So excited!

Reactions: 1 users
There was like 40ish people the day I interviewed, and they have been interviewing since October. Not postive but it seems like they were having upto 3 interview dates a month, so that just seems like a whole bunch of interviews to me. Just curious though..

Hmm it's hard to tell then since our interview dates all seem to have had a different amount of people. :shrug:

I interviewed last week at LMU, and was told they had 700 applicants and invited 400 to interview. For roughly 100 seats in the new class.

Reactions: 1 users
I'm a little late to say this, but I received a call from Dean Hoffsis last Thursday (2/5/15) and was told that I was accepted! :)

By the way, I interviewed on January 23rd.

Reactions: 4 users
I interviewed last week at LMU, and was told they had 700 applicants and invited 400 to interview. For roughly 100 seats in the new class.
100 out of 400, wow I feel better about my acceptance now!

I received an interview invite for March 2nd as well! Do you know where you"ll be flying into and where you are going to stay yet??
I will be driving down there because it's only a 5 hour drive for me. I am looking at hotels around there, but not sure where I'm staying yet. Have you found anything?

I will be driving down there because it's only a 5 hour drive for me. I am looking at hotels around there, but not sure where I'm staying yet. Have you found anything?
Most people stay at the Holiday Inn in Middlesboro, KY. It's about 10 minutes from main campus, about 20-30 from the DVTC (where you'll interview).

Stay at the Holiday Inn Express! I am there now and the rooms are huge and the beds are so comfortable. Plus they offer complementary breakfast and are right across the street from a Wal-Mart. There are also a lot of great restaurants in the area and the people are super nice!

Most people stay at the Holiday Inn in Middlesboro, KY. It's about 10 minutes from main campus, about 20-30 from the DVTC (where you'll interview).

Stay at the Holiday Inn Express! I am there now and the rooms are huge and the beds are so comfortable. Plus they offer complementary breakfast and are right across the street from a Wal-Mart. There are also a lot of great restaurants in the area and the people are super nice!

Yeah it seems like most people stay at that Holiday Inn. It must be pretty rural because there's only like 3 hotel options haha. I will be coming from Orange County, CA and I guess Knoxville is the closest airport? Seems like renting a car is the best bet, since it appears to be cheaper than Uber or shuttle?? Anyone have other suggestions? Also, I did see a couple airbnb's fairly local. Does anyone think it's safe for a lone female to stay at one of those?

Knoxville is the closest airport, it's 1 15 min-1 30 min from the school. You definitely need a car. The school is about 85 miles from the airport but they are windy country roads, so can take a while. Try to fly in when it's still light out bc the drive is really pretty going up in to the mountains from Knoxville. If you like B&Bs, there is one called Cumberland Manor which seems nice...after I booked at Holiday Inn Exp, I found it online so called and spoke with the woman who owns the B&B (Jill) and she was super accommodating. I just left my reservation at Holiday Inn Exp though bc it was easier and I too, as a female traveling alone, felt a little scared to not stay in a big chain hotel. The Holiday Inn is 5 min from the Harrogate campus and about 20 from VA Ewing campus where you interview. Future Vet88, be a little prepared for some culture shock...coming from Orange County, CA this area of TN/VA/KY is going to be a different universe altogether. I say that not because it's bad but rather it's just really remote. I also have always lived in and around cities my whole life, and despite what I am used to, I found LMU and its surroundings to be breathtakingly beautiful. It's exactly what I think of when I hear the words "God's country". Bucolic, tranquil, peaceful countrysides, rolling hills that lead up into the mountains, and livestock paint the landscape. It is common to see 100+ head of cattle up on a hill grazing and bison too. There are many head of jerseys right behind the vet school that belong to the Debusk family (who own the land and are the benefactors of this university), and we were told those cattle are brought down for examination, and are used periodically for veterinary instruction. Hope this little bit of info helps, best of luck on your interview and safe travels!

I stayed B&B at Cumberland Manor for 2 nights. Room was very welcoming and I had a great time there. Their breakfast was epic!! Love it!