Lipscomb Class of 2019 :)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PharmDmom7777

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I received an invitation to interview at this school and I'm over the moon!! Anyone else planning on applying to Lipscomb or receive an invitation? I love the fact that this is a faith based school. Hope to meet some SDN's at the interview.

Members don't see this ad.

I plan on applying here. Will be submitting my app next week. How long did it take for you to receive an email interview invitation?

They received my completed app on Sept. 4th and I received an email invitation on Sept. 22. They are fast to respond and always friendly when you contact them. Good luck I wish you the best!

Members don't see this ad :)
They received my completed app on Sept. 4th and I received an email invitation on Sept. 22. They are fast to respond and always friendly when you contact them. Good luck I wish you the best!

This impressed me last year. The admissions office is AMAZING. Everyone here is genuinely amazing, really. I have never known so much collaboration and support as when I began here in August. When is your interview date? I would love to facilitate your experience :)

There are plenty of programs "more well known" and "established," and I had my opportunities to attend a few of them, but Lipscomb was by far the right place for me. I hope you love it as much as I do!

Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
So excited to see a Lipscomb student on this thread!! I will interview on Tuesday Oct. 21. I live in Texas and will fly out the weekend before my interview and stay with family in the area. I was hoping to see others who received interviews for this date , but it's been quiet on SDN. Any advice for the interview would be appreciated. I hope and pray I will be a part of the Lipscomb family , I love everything they stand for! :)

As lame and unhelpful as it sounds just try to relax and be yourself. No one is scary here. They all want to see you do well.

With that being said, have good reasons for wanting to pursue this career and have an idea of what you think you would like to do with it (even though it is likely to change). A commitment to serving others is critical. If you have volunteering/community service experience be prepared to talk about it.

This is a faith-based school and the professors make no apologies for that (some of them begin each lecture with a short verse and prayer). However, we have people from every faith in our class, and I don't find the school to be "in your face" about their faith. We are very family-oriented as well. At the end of this month over 20% of my class will be married. Be prepared to explain why you would chose to attend this program over others. For me, I was finally able to make a late interview in April after being invited since early October. When I interviewed, they were fully aware that I had already been accepted to other programs and asked me why I was still interviewing. This is where I wanted to be, plain and simple.

When you go to lunch, mingle with as many faculty/staff/students as you can. The more people you meet, the more people you'll have "in your corner."

So excited to see a Lipscomb student on this thread!! I will interview on Tuesday Oct. 21. I live in Texas and will fly out the weekend before my interview and stay with family in the area. I was hoping to see others who received interviews for this date , but it's been quiet on SDN. Any advice for the interview would be appreciated. I hope and pray I will be a part of the Lipscomb family , I love everything they stand for! :)

I have interview on the 21 OCT too and really excited. How many other interviews have you had prior to this one?

This school is my first choice so I applied ED. Hoping and praying it pays off. Do you live in the Nashville area ?

I will try to look for ya. What will you be wearing ? I'm a tall blonde and I'll be wearing a teal undershirt with a black skirt suit. :) Hope more people from SDN chime in about interviewing at Lipscomb. I'm super excited and nervous !!!

I too am going to be attending the Oct 21st interview!!! I'm so excited, I live in Tx and will be flying out Monday Oct 20th and only staying long enough to attend the interview and return home. I hope to meet other SDN members there. To PharmDmom. I'm a brunette in charcoal grey business suit with a blue shirt and striped blue/grey tie. The admissions staff got back to me in under a week to offer an interview which really impressed me. I've been in contact with Nancy at the Director of Student Affairs office. Everyone I've spoken too has been amazing!

Sindiir I look forward to meeting you ! I wish ya the best of luck. What part of Texas are you from ? I'm from southeast Texas.

I will try to look for ya. What will you be wearing ? I'm a tall blonde and I'll be wearing a teal undershirt with a black skirt suit. :) Hope more people from SDN chime in about interviewing at Lipscomb. I'm super excited and nervous !!!

haha you can't miss me i will surely be the oldest bald guy in the group in a black suit!!

Members don't see this ad :)
haha you can't miss me i will surely be the oldest bald guy in the group in a black suit!!
Haha :). I'm 30 and married with two little monkeys. :) I def feel old some days... I was worried I would be the oldest in my class. I will see you Tuesday! I'm hoping my nerves calm down before the interview .

Haha :). I'm 30 and married with two little monkeys. :) I def feel old some days... I was worried I would be the oldest in my class. I will see you Tuesday! I'm hoping my nerves calm down before the interview .

did you get any confirmation after you clicked on the link to RSVP? I got nothing after the initial invite; just wondering if you got anything?

You guys won't be the only ones there not in their early 20s :) I'm 28 and going bald these days. Pharmdmom I live in Austin, but my wife and I are really excited about the idea of living in another major city during school.

did you get any confirmation after you clicked on the link to RSVP? I got nothing after the initial invite; just wondering if you got anything?
After I clicked the link a window popped up saying " We thank you and look forward to meeting you on interview day. " Austin is a cool place ! I live a few hours away .

People! I got my invitation interview 12 hours ago .. my interview is tomorrow with you all! I will be wearing a purple shirt and tie with gray pants (trying to blend with Lipscomb colors lol).

I felt like the interview went well. Now to wait and see if we are accepted.......

People! I got my invitation interview 12 hours ago .. my interview is tomorrow with you all! I will be wearing a purple shirt and tie with gray pants (trying to blend with Lipscomb colors lol).
That's insane you only had 12 hours to prepare! Hopefully we will hear something soon.

I guess the acceptance depends on what you have done prior to applying to Lipscomb. The interview was just for formality and to introduce you to the university. The main goal of the interview was to see why you are interested in pharmacy school and what you have done prior to applying (which they should know from the application that you submitted). If you have a high PCAT score and a high GPA, I do not see a reason for not accepting you. They said they will contact us this week. I will keep you updated if I get any letter from them.

Accepted !!! Praise God! See y'all in 2015.

Accepted too =) I will see you all in 2015! you all better go to Lipscomb! Best school in TN for pharmacy in my opinion. (my opinion may change over those 4 years.. based on the stress level :p)

Accepted too =) I will see you all in 2015! you all better go to Lipscomb! Best school in TN for pharmacy in my opinion. (my opinion may change over those 4 years.. based on the stress level :p)
This is the only school I applied to so I will def be attending ! Can't wait to get to know my classmates that I will be spending the next four years with. :)

Anyone interviewing on the 20th of November? Just curious as to how many people they interview each sessions and what the interview process is like. I had my first pharm school interview at NEO-Med up in Cleveland,Ohio and I feel like it was pretty routine. Just curious as to whether or not Lipscomb adds any additional info sessions or activities and what the interview questions are like. If what youre saying about this being just a formality and the school focusing more on GPA and PCAT then i am set, but just curious as to how much weight the interview has.

Anyone interviewing on the 20th of November? Just curious as to how many people they interview each sessions and what the interview process is like. I had my first pharm school interview at NEO-Med up in Cleveland,Ohio and I feel like it was pretty routine. Just curious as to whether or not Lipscomb adds any additional info sessions or activities and what the interview questions are like. If what youre saying about this being just a formality and the school focusing more on GPA and PCAT then i am set, but just curious as to how much weight the interview has.

My interview was a conversation more than question-answer format. they really try to make you comfortable during the interview, You just need to convince them why you want to be in Lipscomb and not in another school and why did you select this carrier path? there was one question that my brain just went blank when they asked me.They might ask you how a person that YOU know might describe you, it turned out that I do not know that person much so I ended up generalizing my question. I hope this wont happen to you, Good Luck! I do not want to spoil everything about the interview, just know that they have a very friendly faculty and all you need to become a Pharmacist.

Go to the interview feedback section here on SDN to prepare for the interview. It's a semi closed interview so at this point they want to see who you are, and if your a fit for the school. This school is truly awesome and I wish you the best of luck. I don't necessarily think it's all about GPA and PCAT though. I know they have minimum standards, but if you search past threads on Lipscomb you will see many students have been accepted with less than ideal stats because they were well rounded students .

I have my interview on January 8, 2015. First interview for me. Hopefully it goes well.

Just got accepted (about a week ago). It is definitely a great school. I think my worst interview was with UT memphis, I just didn't feel at home with their set up. UT memphis was a great school and they produce great pharmacists, but to me they make great students who learn about pharmacist and are excellent at it, but at lipscomb, the teaching environment makes it feel like they will make great pharmacist with an overall knowledge of other intangibles which in my opinion make a great pharmacist. I saw Belmont in a video, (declined the interview) the Belmont campus is huge and the new building is also huge, but it is not only a pharmacy building, they house other majors their as well. From other SDN forums, I have seen that people like the faculty at lipscomb better than they do at Belmont (not saying anything against any Belmont professors or students). Belmont sure has a lot more money than Lipscomb, but I really don't care how much money the school has, as long as the school can make a great capable pharmacist is all that matters to me.

Has anyone made a Facebook for our class? Look forward to seeing everyone this fall.

Do u guys know if lipscomb created a group or not yet ?

I haven't seen a fb group yet but I'd be interested in joining one when it happens.

Has anyone started doing their financial aid and where should I go after filling out fafsa?

I haven't seen a fb group yet but I'd be interested in joining one when it happens.

Has anyone started doing their financial aid and where should I go after filling out fafsa?

Same here. I think the school talks to us in May during orientations, but I am not sure

They are closed today and I likely won't be able to make an orientation in May. I love in Texas and won't be moving to Nashville until June or July. I tried to call campus today but the are closed for weather. I will try again tomorrow weather permitting and post what I find out for others

Well, Who will be coming to the May 15 orientation? I will be going, have any of you guys successfully got into the facebook group that got created? I know they sent an email that they are fixing the facebook issue as the group is requiring a Lipscomb email which only some of the future students have who have been in Lipscomb already. Hope to see you guys there. I asked JD about how long it lasts, and he said that it is usually around 8 am to 8 pm.

Anyone here going interview this week?

As lame and unhelpful as it sounds just try to relax and be yourself. No one is scary here. They all want to see you do well.

With that being said, have good reasons for wanting to pursue this career and have an idea of what you think you would like to do with it (even though it is likely to change). A commitment to serving others is critical. If you have volunteering/community service experience be prepared to talk about it.

This is a faith-based school and the professors make no apologies for that (some of them begin each lecture with a short verse and prayer). However, we have people from every faith in our class, and I don't find the school to be "in your face" about their faith. We are very family-oriented as well. At the end of this month over 20% of my class will be married. Be prepared to explain why you would chose to attend this program over others. For me, I was finally able to make a late interview in April after being invited since early October. When I interviewed, they were fully aware that I had already been accepted to other programs and asked me why I was still interviewing. This is where I wanted to be, plain and simple.

When you go to lunch, mingle with as many faculty/staff/students as you can. The more people you meet, the more people you'll have "in your corner."
will i meet u there?