Lipscomb University Class of 2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lipscomb92

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Titles says it all!

Post information, updates and/or questions!

Members don't see this ad.

im applying this year hopefully i will get an interview with them

I applied to Lipscomb as well. I recently also applied to Union University and was accepted! Both schools are only 2 hours apart. Could anyone shed some lights on the pros and cons of each school?

Members don't see this ad :)
I applied to Lipscomb as well. I recently also applied to Union University and was accepted! Both schools are only 2 hours apart. Could anyone shed some lights on the pros and cons of each school?

do you mind sharing your stats...Lipscomb just got accredited im not quite sure about Union plus you can't beat being in Nashville there is nothing in Jackson haha

Union and Lipscomb Similarities:
1) both accredited and opened in 2008, so no difference there.
2) both have around 4010 enrollment including undergrad and grad.
3) both are religious based school
4) both have available financial aid to cover 100% tuition.
5) both also have very well respected school of nursing.

Union and Lipscomb Differences:
1) Though, maybe due to the location advantage, Lipscomb, being located in Nashville, tuition is about $5000 higher than Union.

they are both really really good schools. Its gonna be a hard decision to make if i have a chance to choose between.

p.s. they gave us a tour of the school at Union, it is absolutely beautiful with so much technology built inside the school.

I will share stats later on in the admission cycle. :D

Last edited:
Union and Lipscomb Similarities:
1) both accredited and opened in 2008, so no difference there.
2) both have around 4010 enrollment including undergrad and grad.
3) both are religious based school
4) both have available financial aid to cover 100% tuition.
5) both also have very well respected school of nursing.

Union and Lipscomb Differences:
1) Though, maybe due to the location advantage, Lipscomb, being located in Nashville, tuition is about $5000 higher than Union.

they are both really really good schools. Its gonna be a hard decision to make if i have a chance to choose between.

p.s. they gave us a tour of the school at Union, it is absolutely beautiful with so much technology built inside the school.

I will share stats later on in the admission cycle. :D

being a ceritfied tech in Nashville i get to interact with a lot of intern from lipscomb and i heard a lot of positive things about the school... but they are also on block exam so idk how i feel about that :)

being a ceritfied tech in Nashville i get to interact with a lot of intern from lipscomb and i heard a lot of positive things about the school... but they are also on block exam so idk how i feel about that :)

do you happen to know how the pharmacist job market in nashville? i watched a nashville news report video a while back (in may i think) saying that the amount of pharmacists are saturated. not sure if it's going to be a concern.

also, do y'all plan to have internship during pharm school? i am planning that as well.

considering two schools are graduating around 150 students each year of course it will be saturated a bit but at the same times people do go back to their hometown to practice....btw i have an interview with lipscomb on the 13th..anyone else is interviewing on the 13th?

I just got an interview too, but I am about to turn it down. good luck everyone! :love:

For those that have heard from the school for interviews, I was wondering if you dont mind posting your stats?

I received a confirmation of my Supplemental Application being received on November 1. Haven't heard from them since. I have a 2.91 GPA as per PharmCAS and my first PCAT composite was 50. I'm taking it again on Thursday the 8th even though I dont feel prepared for the Math (stupid concaves and precal stuff...). Anyways, just wondering If you don't mind putting details such as your PCAT and application submission info.

"Supplemental Received" confirmation email received on 11/1.
GPA: 2.91
Verbal - 68
Biology - 46
Reading - 41
Quantitative -13 (I ran out of time and guessed more than half the test. Reason for my retaking)
Chemistry - 81
Composite - 50

I'm kind of leaning for a 3 year program closer to home even though its still going to be in a different state. However, the idea of a faith based school where I can interact with people that share my same beliefs is a pretty nice thought to entertain.

I am planning on applying. Just waiting for PharmCAS to send out my application.

I haven't heard anything yet. Hopefully before Thanksgiving we will know something.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey everybody! I interviewed with Lipscomb on Nov. 13th & received a letter of acceptance in the mail today!! So excited!!

Here's my stats for those who are curious:

2.79 PharmCAS GPA
70 PCAT Composite
Graduating with a Bachelor of Science in Biology in December
6+ years experience working as a Pharmacy Technician [4+ yrs PTCB certified]

hey i got accepted too and interviewed on the same day :)

I have the same Phamcas GPA but got a 50 Composite because I bombed math (ran out of time). I went to retake the PCAT but didn't feel well. I'm not planning on retaking it so lets see how it turns out. Not a certified tech and have about 300+ hours volunteer at pharmacies. Haven't heard from the school yet.

Has anyone heard anything from the school???

Hi everyone, I'm scheduled for Feb 14th interview at Lipscomb! I'm really excited but nervous too! I heard this school is really nice with friendly staffs. Would it be a problem for me to go to a Christian college if I am not of that religion? That's my main concern :(

Hi Everyone! I just turned in my supplemental application about a week ago and received a call Monday for an interview! Will anyone else be there January 31st? Any advice as this is my first pharmacy school interview?! :)

OK I got a call on Monday about interviewing yesterday or the 31. The flights were crazy expensive so I scheduled for the 31. They seem very nice! I've heard great things from the school and the fact that you get experience almost immediately after the second week is really appealing. Plus, I've never been to Tennessee. Let's see how a miami boy feels in Nashville and if I get accepted.

Hi Everyone! I just turned in my supplemental application about a week ago and received a call Monday for an interview! Will anyone else be there January 31st? Any advice as this is my first pharmacy school interview?! :)

Hey! Congrats! I'll see you there! This is my second interview. Just be yourself! Most of these admitting committees just want to see how your personality is.

OK I got a call on Monday about interviewing yesterday or the 31. The flights were crazy expensive so I scheduled for the 31. They seem very nice! I've heard great things from the school and the fact that you get experience almost immediately after the second week is really appealing. Plus, I've never been to Tennessee. Let's see how a miami boy feels in Nashville and if I get accepted.

I'm from Pittsburgh this is going to be quite a culture shock for me as well I'm sure, but I'm very excited! I'll see you there on the 31st!

For anyone thinking about Lipscomb I just want to tell you what I find most impressive about this school. They just graduated their 1st class and the first time NAPLEX pass rate of the class was extremely high, higher than most schools that have been accredited for 20+ yrs. What makes this so impressive is the fact that this was a class of students who enrolled in a brand new school without full accreditation. I'm not saying that these students weren't capable, but chances are that not many of these students were 3.8 GPA / 80 PCAT type students and were likely passed up by a good number of accredited schools. For Lipscomb to take these students and 4 yrs later have them as fit as any class to practice pharmacy is extremely impressive, many schools cant make that claim. They fully embody the idea of no child, or in this case young adult, left behind.

For anyone thinking about Lipscomb I just want to tell you what I find most impressive about this school. They just graduated their 1st class and the first time NAPLEX pass rate of the class was extremely high, higher than most schools that have been accredited for 20+ yrs. What makes this so impressive is the fact that this was a class of students who enrolled in a brand new school without full accreditation. I'm not saying that these students weren't capable, but chances are that not many of these students were 3.8 GPA / 80 PCAT type students and were likely passed up by a good number of accredited schools. For Lipscomb to take these students and 4 yrs later have them as fit as any class to practice pharmacy is extremely impressive, many schools cant make that claim. They fully embody the idea of no child, or in this case young adult, left behind.

Wow that's great to hear! I can't wait to hear what the school has to offer when I go to the interview. So excited! :)

For those considering this school, would you mind posting this extremely high NAPLEX pass rate?

For my Alma Mater of Butler; last year's pass rate was 100% and the 5 year cumulative is 98.93%. That is extremely high.

Are these numbers you speak of this high? Provide the information for these candidates, they would appreciate it greatly.

I can't remember the exact %, but i remember being told that there was only 1 student who did not pass the 1st time. Either way that's impressive for a first class, for all the reasons I mentioned before. Ill feed ur ego and say Butlers 100% pass rate last yr is impressive. However this is a school that's been around for like 60yrs I think, and their class is full of student who's preparation has been Tailored for 6 yrs or have almost spotless stats. It would be interesting to see what butler could do with a less impressive incoming class.

Butler does that 0-6 thing, which is cool if you can afford paying private pharmacy school tuition for 6 yrs. I think on average about 100 students a yr advance to the professional program. Basically you keep a 3.0 and score 55 on the PCAT and your in. The down side is that you pay about $65,000 in 2 yrs of undergrad tuition at butler plus whatever there housing and fees run. About 30 or so ppl from other schools do get in however these students have to have a 3.75 GPA and a 75 PCAT to even be considered.

That's amazing news! Honestly the more I find out about this school the more I want to go there. I saw on their fb page they do devotionals and I saw some pictures of the campus. It's gorgeous! Online, people are saying that the faculty and staff are great as well, but I'm looking forward to asking around on campus when I get there. Good Luck everyone!

Last edited:
Lipscomb just said they would waive my supplemental fee if I submit them this week. I have a 3.2 pharmacy GPA and 78 composite on the PCAT.

I was accepted and will be attending! :)

I was accepted and will be attending! :)

me too! I actually cancelled my other 2 interviews at other schools. Fell in love with this place. See you in May!

Anyone know if there's a fb group for this besides the school page?

Just heard my voicemail that I was offered an invitation to interview. When I call back tomorrow I am going to go to Nashville on the 5th.

Hi everyone, my interview is coming up this Thursday! I'm really excited and nervous! How was the interview process for those who already went through it? I'm practicing with the questions posted on the feedback interview page. Will this be similar to what we would be asked during the interview? Were there any hard questions that were asked?

Hi everyone, my interview is coming up this Thursday! I'm really excited and nervous! How was the interview process for those who already went through it? I'm practicing with the questions posted on the feedback interview page. Will this be similar to what we would be asked during the interview? Were there any hard questions that were asked?

My experience from the Lipscomb interview was very positive. Just relax and be yourself. Basically it's a blind interview where the interviewers don't know anything about you and they ask you questions to find out about you and your credentials. They're only looking for positives to forward to the admissions committee, the reasons why you would be a good fit. They do not forward negatives or reasons to single anybody out. They honestly just want to get to know you. It's pretty much that simple. Just be yourself, relax, let you're personality shine, and show why you should be a pharmacist. My interview was very relaxed and it really felt more like a normal conversation to me. I received an acceptance letter 4 days after my January 10th interview :) Good luck to you and everyone else! And remember, relax and be yourself!

I just got a call this morning for an interview on Tuesday 03/05! Im coming from California.. this is my 2nd interview and I am still scared. Any tips regarding the interview for lipscomb?

I'm a Lipscomb pharmacy student and I'm happy to see some of you accepted and eager to attend. If you have any questions about Nashville, Lipscomb, or anything else feel free to PM me.

Hey everyone! I just got an interview invite for April 20th! Anyone else going?

Hey everyone! I just got an interview invite for April 20th! Anyone else going?

I have one, too! I think our interview day is the last one. Do you know how many students have been admitted already?

Hey Everyone! My friend is flying up for an interview on Friday also. I wish you all good luck. I dont know an exact number but there are 39 members in the 2017 class Facebook. That includes administration and students. Just be yourself, be open, and all will go well. I fell in love with this school, the environment, and the friendliness. I went to about 4 interviews and had 3 more scheduled. Once I left Lipscomb I knew where I wanted to go. Once I got my acceptance, I cancelled my other 3. Wish you all the best of luck and hope to see you as fellow P1 classmates in the fall!

Hey guys! I got my acceptance letter yesterday and I'm super pumped! However, I did see in a revised class of 2017 pdf that our credit hours is 21. Is there any current pharm students that will tell me how they're handling the large amount of credit hours? Also, how man credit hours they are currently taking?
Thanks!

I have one, too! I think our interview day is the last one. Do you know how many students have been admitted already?

Yeah I believe it is! I'm excited though. I've heard nothing but great things about this school :) Are you from Tennessee?

Also, for any current Lipscomb students or if anyone knows this, can you shed a little light on the whole block exam schedule?

I forfeited my seat in Lipscomb's Class of 2017 earlier this week. I was accepted to my #1 pick, which is closer to home. Good luck to everybody interviewing at Lipscomb and to everyone accepted!

No, I'm from Missouri! Where are you from? What's your name? I will look for you tomorrow!

can anyone give me honest pros and cons about this school?

Can anyone give me recommendations for apartments off campus that are close to Lipscomb?

I graduate on Saturday. First year was super easy. Second year almost killed me. They like mature students. Parking stinks. They use test blocks. For me testing in blocks made it more difficult. Classes are recorded on video and you can watch online. There is a strict attendance policy. There is a strict dress code and an emphasis on professionalism. There were a few scuffles with faculty regarding tardiness etc. teachers are great. We have the current and former TPA presidents on staff as well as a member of the TN legislature and a current pharmacy board member and former pharmacy board director. The class above me did great on the NAPLEX but not so good on state exam so they are giving us extra law reviews which shows they are doing something about it. Preceptors in the area consistently comment on how much they like Lipscomb students. Over time I think Lipscomb will become a top school.

Has anyone heard anything after the April 20th interview?

Those of you who were accepted was it by mail or email?

still waiting to hear back from april 20th interview as well should be any day now