LIS vs SOV - Revenge of the grumpy old men WW

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
If swine isn't a wolf I just want to be killed off so I can recover in peace, k wolves?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
With numbers dwindling, the old huddled together in confusion, but accusations about exactly who was who took over. Lissa was ganged up on first seeing as it was her birthday and the others didn't approve of anyone having a special day. Then Allie came into sight and some exclaimed that she had been feeling people up. "Everyone tell me again who they are!" she called out to her accusers. Swineherder claimed Walter Matthau. Dy grumpily stated once again that she was Oscar the Grouch. "Huh, well I am Burgess Meredith."

"There can't be three Grumpy Old Men here! Out with Swin!" came the call. With that, everyone ganged up on my most favorite old man eva, and beat him to death with fishing poles and his own frozen fish. With him dies the last Dr.'s Appointment.

You have lynched @swiniazycie , Walter Matthau, a villager. May he rest in peace.

tumblr_n04qz84FHb1sgkpwbo1_400.gif

Your Roster and Final Four

3- @Mad Jack
6- @dyachei
15. @allieh8607
17. @Lissarae06

12- hedgiehog, guy throwing the first punch
18 Flim Flam Man, Carl Fredrickson
5- touchpause13, Scrooge
16. Zensing, guy throwing the second punch
10 - WhtsThFrequency Red Forman
7- DVMDream LIS
2- SummerTheLynx, Old guy from Six Flags Commercial
8- Frozenshades Bill Belichick
1- WildZoo Dr. House
13 - Gwenevre Lamb with a Grumpy Old Man Face
9-brightimpressio Jack Lemmon
4-Rogert, grumpy cat
11 LetItSnow ,SOV ==> happy guy, wolf
19 Cyndia , Tommy Lee Jones
14- swiniazycie Walter Matthau

I appreciate the name swineherder. Love you.

Members don't see this ad :)
One of you is a killer. You done kill Allieh, Burgess Meredith, villager.

Last Day. No ties possible. No items. Just suspicion.

Final Roster.

3- @Mad Jack
6- @dyachei
17. @Lissarae06

12- hedgiehog, guy throwing the first punch
18 Flim Flam Man, Carl Fredrickson
5- touchpause13, Scrooge
16. Zensing, guy throwing the second punch
10 - WhtsThFrequency Red Forman
7- DVMDream LIS
2- SummerTheLynx, Old guy from Six Flags Commercial
8- Frozenshades Bill Belichick
1- WildZoo Dr. House
13 - Gwenevre Lamb with a Grumpy Old Man Face
9-brightimpressio Jack Lemmon
4-Rogert, grumpy cat
11 LetItSnow ,SOV ==> happy guy, wolf
19 Cyndia , Tommy Lee Jones
14- swiniazycie Walter Matthau
allieh8607, Burgess Meredith

I really thought it was Allie. Dy you claim to be oscar the grouch, right? Who was MJ claiming? I'm having trouble finding it.

Dyachei, ou've been sketch to me for a while now. Curious how you jumped from confidently voting for Lissa to confidently voting for me, both without a word. I think it's wolf endgame strategy- you know I'm already suspicious of you, so that's the path of least resistance, given my existing suspicion of you.

And I'm Grumpy the Dwarf from Snow White. Who were you claiming to be Lissa? I'm working on my phone so going back and looking for things is a pain in the ass.

Lynch dyachei.

Her behavior is too inconsistent. And I really just can't see a game of grumpy old dudes without Clint Eastwood telling someone to get off his lawn.
giphy.gif

Members don't see this ad :)
I feel like Dyachei's play has been consistent throughout the game where MJ seems to have had a shift around when LIS was lynched. For that, lynch MJ.

Lynch dyachei.

Her behavior is too inconsistent. And I really just can't see a game of grumpy old dudes without Clint Eastwood telling someone to get off his lawn.
giphy.gif
Lol that was the meme in my role description. It wasn't a gif but same pic.

I'm begging you to reconsider. Look at her votes- she votes early, never for a wolf, and is quick to switch, always to a villager. She, just last night said she was confident that I wasn't a wolf then voted for me without a word.

Ugh this is why I hate the last lynch. Grrrr. I need to read back some more.

I pushed hard to lynch both wolves that went down, even though they had solid stories and no one believed me at first. I got swayed a bit with the FS thing, but still, I was burying STL deep. I threw LIS up on the chopping block for the wrong reason and wouldn't let him off with excuse after excuse, but he still ended up being a wolf. Either in the worst wolf ever or I'm a damn villager. Dyachei has veen playing like a lazy wolf for pages, quiet and voting first, contributing nothing, and voting for the one person that she knows will be hard to sway in the final three after specifically saying she didn't think I was a wolf yesterday. She was all about lynching you, and switched to me with nary a damn word, because you're the easier of the two of us to convince from her perspective.

Or you're a wolf and this is pointless. I could be wrong I guess.

I vote early because I have a job and have had surgery recently. I've been playing consistently. Lissa, I don't think it's you because you voted for LIS last. I'm set in my vote. I've always been communicative and talked to people about items on thread, healed lissa when she asked for it.

Look, one thing about me is that if I'm a wolf, I don't drag things out in a final vote. I either drop a couple evil gifs if I'm winning or throw up a few gifs in good fun, own up to being a wolf, and bow out defeated. The wolves kept me alive to the end because I'm so baseline viewed as sketchy and easy to lynch, guaranteed. In any case, Lissa, I'm convinced you're not a wolf because if you were you'd just have to set your vote in stone and this would be over and you'd win. So that means the wolf has to be dyachei from my perspective. On my honor, something I never put up in a game before this and probably never will after, I'm a villager. That's all I've got.

Ok I'm not seeing anything to make me change my mind. Call it guys. Hope I made the right choice.

Ok I'm not seeing anything to make me change my mind. Call it guys. Hope I made the right choice.
You screwed up. I'm just dropping the I told you so right now.

Or dyachei screwed up. Either way, one of you screwed up, and the other one's a damn wolf. Yay for another loss.
6855810.gif

well, i'm really and truly not a wolf. Which makes it Lissa if you're telling the truth
It was lissa lol. If you'd voted for her I might've been on board, but you being dead set on me just made me be like, "wtf, she was all about lissa then switched to me out of nowhere?"

Oh well, gg Lissa.
the-office-gif_zpsfb561c58.gif

Well. Here we are with three remaining grouchy old men, and erm, muppet. Only one doesn't seem to be hiding the grin quite as well. The veil of grouchiness begins to slip as a pleased feeling takes over watching Oscar the Grouch and Grumpy the Dwarf start in on each other. Oscar takes his trashcan lid and starts wailing on Grumpy as Grumpy yells out "Look at my track record! I am the only one who actually managed to spot those happy idjuts, even if I did almost let one by and called out the other one for the completely wrong interpretation of useless spectacles!"

Oscar paused for just a moment to think about this. "Ha! Well I don't think Lissa could possibly be joyous as she was the one who put the creepy happy LIS out to pasture." Grumpy pushed back at this point, using his pick axe to shove Oscar's trash can to the ground. "Well, Clint Eastwood embodies this game to the fullest, so it has to be you, the muppet who belongs in a kid's show." MJ raises his axe to put Dyachei out of her misery, when suddenly, Lissa came walking up looking a bit older a quite a bit less bad ass. MJ paused mid-swing and Dy's fuzzy green jaw dropped to the ground.

Lissa's squint was gone, the displeased nature had dissipated, and she used her walker to bash the dwarf and muppet in their heads with such force that subdural hematomas were caused. As the two bled out into their poor confused brains, Lissa was so overjoyed that she danced a jig and threw a party inviting all the young people in the neighborhood, as she enjoyed the youths more than anything else in the world.

200.gif

Wolves win by one. Thanks for playing. I will now entertain questions if you have them. :)

Last edited:
Woohoo! Go wolves!

Reactions: 1 users
Lissa, if you were the wolf all along and you're just making dyachei and I suffer for the lulz, I'm gonna be so pissed :laugh:
This made me laugh. Lissa did a good job of playing the confused villager :laugh:

Good game, thanks SOV and lupin!

yup. You were just so sold on it being me I was convinced you were trying to push all suspicion onto me
You didn't exactly consider that I might not be a wolf either. I was waiting to hear any arguments about Lissa possibly being a wolf- your certainty was a large reason why I picked you lol.

You didn't exactly consider that I might not be a wolf either. I was waiting to hear any arguments about Lissa possibly being a wolf- your certainty was a large reason why I picked you lol.
I said multiple times why I didnt think Lissa was a wolf. go back and read

I actually had the cane on the night I killed Allie. I tried to kill MJ with it to end the game that night leaving us OGs at the end.

As an aside, I did actually try and switch my auto convert upon death from WZ to LIS for a little poetic irony. But yha know, I wasn't allowed to do so, since that was all part of sobsob's plan to begin with. Definitely a fun game, I wish it was more active overall, but thanks sobsob! :)

Can't kill a dwarf with a cane silly, we don't have that far to fall.
I said to whack the crap out of you hard enough to create a subdural hematoma resulting in your death. The mods were nice enough to incorporate it into to the final write up.

Reactions: 1 users
Thanks for playing everyone. This was pretty fun to create. It wasn't too complicated, but the villagers definitely made it harder on themselves.

1) This was pretty much an item only game. I was surprised that people were still wondering about role abilities late in the game. It thought it shouldn't have been too hard to figure out that only LIS and SOV had roles. I guess I was wrong.

2) I was shocked that there was so little discussion of the items. In an item game, the risk of disclosing what you did was pretty minimal, so it balanced the PM-ing aspect, but if you don't share, it hurts villagers.

3) Also, a lot of villagers didn't use all their items at the beginning. That is gonna hurt.

4) I was pretty explicit in most of the item use descriptions that some of them weren't working properly (like the dentures... go to the dentist, or the spectacles, you need to go to the optometrist, etc), and the Dr. Appt item PM specifically said it made some items work and helped others, but NO ONE picked up on that (well at least discussed on the thread). The Dr.'s appt could be transferred during the day, but it was only ever used to cure syphilis.

5) The cane was the most impactful item in the end. It had 4 different outcomes randomly assigned, kill, cause the user to have to say "geroff my lawn", do nothing, or disable items.

6) Swin was the one who used the cane to re-kill cyndia. I thought she would "confess" because in my writeup I made it clear that the person who used the cane was not the wolf.

7) STL started as a lone wolf, but could assign someone to takeover if killed. Props to him for almost avoiding being lynched even after being seen as a happy person. Good job. Changing heir was a nightime thing, so I was being fair not letting him change to LIS (not that it mattered).

8) The LIS role was the best in the game, it had a lot of abilities, but it had the big drawback of likely leading to an early death as SOV would push LIS in front of any lynch or attack. I was happy some of you picked up on the fact that DVMD was always voting to lynch LIS/SOV. It was smart of her to always put her vote out really early. It stood out. She kept within the rules but got her point across. Well done DVMD!

9) I thought Lissa voting to lynch LIS and tie it up was pretty risky. The wolves would have had good numbers if it went the other way, but then Lissa got a lot of cred for getting rid of LIS. If I was a villager I would have totally voted to lynch Dyachei. She didn't lynch LIS, and Liss and MJ did. Nicely done Lissarae!

10) I thought wolves would have a hard time this game with the telescope AND the spectacles AND the hearing aid to find wolves and the dentures to find conversions. Of course, without Dr's appointments, only 2 of those worked (hearing aid would have given TWO investigations with Dr. appt). I balanced that by only having one wolf to start and then an autoconversion on death, so finding a wolf initially would be hard, and then everyone would be suspect.

11) I also tried to make it if not clear, at least possible to figure out that a conversion had happened when WZ was killed by the cane. I wasn't sure why WZ was targeted when I had pretty much cleared her in the writeup when STL died and didn't convert someone, and she immediately said that she was the one.

12) the technology lesson allowed the owner to PM 3 different people for a day and a night. at least 2 people didn't have time to use it apparently. I thought that would really help the villagers pass around info.

13) DVMD, you must be the most suspicious person on the planet with everyone using the hearing aid to find out you were grumpy. what a waste. that is always the downside of item use though. but still, if I were you, i wouldn't piss off any cops IRL. :laugh:

Anyway, it was fun, and I was surprised the wolves won. I guess you never really know.

All I will say to you guys is in the future if I run another game, try to read my PMs more carefully, and my writeups. Most everything I write is either a joke/moral (sorry LIS, most of them at your expense), or has a purpose.

Thanks so much for playing. I have to say I miss a lot of you guys now that I am not around much anymore. Y'all made some trying times more bearable.

Good luck in your doctoring, and always treat IG owners extra special, it could be me or MrsSOV one day.

peace out.
SOV.

Reactions: 4 users
I didn't use the smartphone because I didn't trust anyone enough to PM them. They were all trying to bandwagon me at the time lol.

It was also quite impressive that the wheelchair was never needed (protective item) and the medicare only once (FS). Wolf kills/cane was never used on someone protected.

Last edited: