About the ads

1. Check out PREMED.me!
    Offers FREE service to help premeds manage their applications and MCAT study calendars and identify schools to target.

List of all the MCAT Prep Courses/Classes (not the Online ones)

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by daisy2, Jan 20, 2011.

1. SDN is a nonprofit organization. Services are made possible through the generous support of SDN members and sponsors. Thank you.
  1. daisy2

daisy2

Pre-Medical
    SDN 2+ Year Member

SDN Members don't see this ad. (About Ads)
    Hi,

Does anyone have a comprehensive list of all the available courses out there for MCAT prep?
    Also which is the most popular?

I looked at Kaplan but the times don't match my schedule. Of course If need be I can adjust accordingly if there are no other options.
  2. Swagster

Swagster

Pre-Medical
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    Popularity will vary with the location, so do your own due diligence locally. The only three companies I know of are Princeton Review (about 100 hours and multiple teachers), Kaplan (about 50 hours and one or two teachers for everything), and Berkeley Review (about 100 hours and multiple teachers). In my area BR is considered the best. They are all too expensive for my tastes though.
  3. h9i9j9

h9i9j9

Medical Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    If you search the forum for "which is the best prep company?" you'll find descriptions of a lot of prep companies. If you just need names, big ones include:
    Kaplan
    TPR (The Princeton Review)
    Examcracker
    Berkeley
    Prep101
    Oxford Seminars
    Richardson
  4. brycepj

brycepj

Medical Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
  5. brycepj

brycepj

Medical Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    OP, I guess you were asking about courses, not books. I'd be interested if anyone knows of any good places to find some really in-depth reviews of all the different prep courses side by side.