List of eye institutes/hospsitals?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bonsaitree1

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do you know where I can find a full list of eye hospitals/institutes in the USA? I tried the AAO webpage, but can't really find any listings. I also went to the ACGME website to find residency programs...but that only gives me the available ophtho residencies and the hospitals affiliated with that residency, so I'm not sure if it's a comprehensive list.

If there's no such full list, then one for strictly academic institutions would suffice!

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Do you know where I can find a full list of eye hospitals/institutes in the USA? I tried the AAO webpage, but can't really find any listings. I also went to the ACGME website to find residency programs...but that only gives me the available ophtho residencies and the hospitals affiliated with that residency, so I'm not sure if it's a comprehensive list.

If there's no such full list, then one for strictly academic institutions would suffice!

Thanks!

What exactly do you mean by "eye institute"? There is no formal definition of an eye institute, except that many university affiliated departments have by way of endowment and corporate structures established independently named "institutes" to engage in both clinical and basic research as well as clinical practice.

If you look for "eye institutes", you will find both organizations as mentioned above and private practices that call themselves "eye institutes" which really are little more than private practice groups that do little research at all (except some pharma research.) Any practice can call itself an "eye institute," and that pretense is sometimes outright laughable.