list of schools that don't give credit to community college course work

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

'11

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
list of schools that don't give credit to community college course work

so far i know tuft and boston don't give credit to community college course work....CC people dont bother aaplying!
and there are bunch of school that don't accept out of state people eg. washington (may be 5/55), texaz, lousivile

does anyone know more of those schools?
help us build a complete list of them on this thread
thnx

Members don't see this ad.

[QUOTE='11]list of schools that don't give credit to community college course work

so far i know tuft and boston don't give credit to community college course work....CC people dont bother aaplying!
and there are bunch of school that don't accept out of state people eg. washington (may be 5/55), texaz, lousivile

thnx[/QUOTE]

boston doesn't?!?!...where does it say that? :eek:

[QUOTE='11]list of schools that don't give credit to community college course work

thnx[/QUOTE]

According to www.predents.com, Louisville does accept out-of-staters. They have 80 seats, and almost half go to out of state applicants. (36 to be exact)

Members don't see this ad :)
coolslugs said:
boston doesn't?!?!...where does it say that? :eek:
They "prefer" all pre-requisite work done at universities, or so says the woman I talked to on the phone.

For the record, all of my pre-reqs were done at community college and she told me to still apply, so...

so it is more like "they prefer" that you take classes at univ rather than cc but they are not going to reject you b/c of that?

if she told you to still apply, may be she means that you "can" apply and you "can" pay the 2nd fees and all the **** and then they are going to tell you to retake your classes you took at cc??

but i know for tuft, they may even accept you but ask you to retake some of your classes ;)

armorshell said:
They "prefer" all pre-requisite work done at universities, or so says the woman I talked to on the phone.

For the record, all of my pre-reqs were done at community college and she told me to still apply, so...

armorshell said:

not to be nosey, but your gpa is rather low but your DATs are through the roof. What I don't understand is that you took all your pre-reqs at a community college, I tend to believe that most CCs are easy regardless of what class you take ( I am sure some of you will disagree).. So my question to you is how are you going to explain your low gpa versus your high DAT? Lets just say I was an adcom and I looked at your file.

thnx[/QUOTE]

Texas does accept out of state applicants, although there is a lot of competition for seats designated for out of staters.

hockeydentist said:
not to be nosey, but your gpa is rather low but your DATs are through the roof. What I don't understand is that you took all your pre-reqs at a community college, I tend to believe that most CCs are easy regardless of what class you take ( I am sure some of you will disagree).. So my question to you is how are you going to explain your low gpa versus your high DAT? Lets just say I was an adcom and I looked at your file.
Well it's kind of personal but...during my second quarter of pre-reqs my father died, and I really wasn't mature enough to handle that. My family also relied on him for everything, and because he didn't have a will and my parents were technically divorced (long story) we didn't get jack from life insurance. So my little part time job assisting became two full-time jobs, and I had to stay full-time at school to maintain my health insurance. When all was said and done I came out of my pre-reqs with a 2.7gpa.

Nowadays things are better, we finally busted the life insurance out of court, and I moved up to a uni where I get straight A's. I'm a bright kid, I just had two really bad years at the worst possible time.

[QUOTE='11]
if she told you to still apply, may be she means that you "can" apply and you "can" pay the 2nd fees and all the **** and then they are going to tell you to retake your classes you took at cc??
[/QUOTE]
That's sort of the feeling that I got after talking to her on the phone, but I already paid for my aadsas and dat scores, I figure I might as well just send in the rest of my stuff :rolleyes:

With your DAT scores, I don't see how any school could tell you that you need to retake a course.

If they do, then you don't want to go to that sorry place anyway.