List of schools with optional attendance?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lawgiver

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Tried searching, didn't find a thread. Any lists out there?

Members don't see this ad.

I would like to know as well! Especially for the GA/FL/Southeast region schools.

Reactions: 1 user
i think you would be better asking which schools DONT have optional attendance. It was a rarity when I stumble across a school with required attendance.

edit: however, some schools have required events and certain classes (anatomy of course)

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
i think you would be better asking which schools DONT have optional attendance. It was a rarity when I stumble across a school with required attendance.

edit: however, some schools have required events and certain classes (anatomy of course)
this. just about every med school out there offers non-mandatory lectures that are recorded and can be viewed later

99.9%
Only school I've ever heard of with mandatory attendance is mayo.

CCLCM has mandatory attendance. A small price to pay for the full tuition scholarship.

oh i see. well recorded lectures and non mandatory attendance? $5 via paipal for first to provide his, go!

This list created by @gettheleadout has great information on which schools have mandatory attendance.

(There are a couple typos, though. For example, I know that Harvard's HST program has mandatory lectures and no video recording, while their standard New Pathway curriculum has video lectures and does not require attendance. It's listed the other way around in the spreadsheet. Not sure how I can change that.)

Cue meme:

"Gets into med school, doesn't go to med school"

Reactions: 2 users
This list created by @gettheleadout has great information on which schools have mandatory attendance.

(There are a couple typos, though. For example, I know that Harvard's HST program has mandatory lectures and no video recording, while their standard New Pathway curriculum has video lectures and does not require attendance. It's listed the other way around in the spreadsheet. Not sure how I can change that.)

awesome!

The fun part is when you get so used to optional attendance in pre-clinical and then get hit with hours of mandatory didactics in 3rd year. :p We have a couple rotations where there's routinely 4 straight hours of lecture or even a couple full days of lecture.