**List of Secondaries ALREADY SENT OUT for 2011-2012**

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FuturePharm21

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
As of 7.15.11:

Already released Secondaries:

1. ATSU-SOMA
2. ATSU-KCOM
3. NSU-COM
4. CCOM
5. AZCOM
6. DMUCOM
7. LECOM-Bradenton
8. LECOM-Erie/Seton Hill
9. RVUCOM
10. UNECOM
11. OSUCOM
12. MSUCOM
13. VCOM
14. UNECOM
15. LMU-Debusk
16. TU-COM CA
17. Texas DO School

So out of 29 DO schools using AACOMAS, 17 have been sent...good luck everyone!

***Some of these DO schools DO NOT screen and send everyone a secondary if they meet extremely low minimum requirements aka 2.5-2.75 GPA, while other schools require 3.0 GPA and each school has its own rules for MCAT...

***As a general rule, if you have a 6 in each section, you should get a secondary, but MSU-COM and a few others have different requirements for sub-sections and please check individual website/call school to find out more. Touro-Nevada requires a 25 minimum MCAT.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I'll add DMU COM and UNECOM.

Members don't see this ad :)

1. ATSU-SOMA
2. ATSU-KCOM
3. NSU-COM
4. CCOM
5. AZCOM
6. DMUCOM
7. LECOM-Bradenton
8. LECOM-Erie/Seton Hill
9. RVUCOM
10. UNECOM

MSUCOM has started sending out secondaries as well.

1. ATSU-SOMA
2. ATSU-KCOM
3. NSU-COM
4. CCOM
5. AZCOM
6. DMUCOM
7. LECOM-Bradenton
8. LECOM-Erie/Seton Hill
9. RVUCOM
10. UNECOM
11. OSUCOM
12. MSUCOM

So out of 29 DO schools using AACOMAS, 12 have been sent...good luck everyone!

1. ATSU-SOMA
2. ATSU-KCOM
3. NSU-COM
4. CCOM
5. AZCOM
6. DMUCOM
7. LECOM-Bradenton
8. LECOM-Erie/Seton Hill
9. RVUCOM
10. UNECOM
11. OSUCOM
12. MSUCOM

So out of 29 DO schools using AACOMAS, 12 have been sent...good luck everyone!

+ LMU-Debuske

Members don't see this ad :)
UNECOM Already sent theirs out? Are you sure? I haven't received anything yet...

I got one from UNECOM as well. They sent email with an attachment file that contains the secondary app link

Don't know if this has been asked before but I did a board search and did not really come up with anything.

Which DO schools screen (gpa,mcat) before sending out secondary application invites? I know a few MD schools that automatically sends out secondaries before screening like they just want your money, but I'm wondering which DO schools do the same thing.

Thank you!

I did. But it doesn't specifically say which one does the screening.

Did not get MSU yet. Anyone else?

I did. But it doesn't specifically say which one does the screening.

Sorry but you have to do your own research as there's 29 schools so I recommend you call each school you want to go to and find out personally as websites are sometime's not updated and in fact the CIB page is wrong for some schools. I called my top schools and most said 21 or 24 with 6-8 minimums BUT a few like Touro's require a 25.

Best of luck

TUCOM-CA
Received email to complete supplementary
7/15/2011

Submitted primary on 6/23/2011

For those applying to both PCOM campuses, I got the following email this afternoon...looks like secondaries won't be sent out for another couple weeks!

Good afternoon:

On behalf of the Admissions team, I would like to thank you for your interest in osteopathic medicine and Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine.

We are in receipt of your AACOMAS application for the DO Class of 2016. Please note we are currently in the processing of updating both the Philadelphia and Georgia Campus - PCOM supplementals. Once they are finalized, you will automatically receive the appropriate supplemental via email. If you applied to both Philadelphia and Georgia Campus, you will receive a supplemental for each campus. If you want to have letters of recommendation sent to the Admissions Office on your behalf prior to that date, please feel free to do so. Any/all documentation will automatically be scanned to our system.

We expect to finalize everything in the near future and get the supplementals to you no later than August 12, 2011.

If you have any questions, please contact us at 215-871-6700.

Sincerely,
Deborah Benvenger
Interim Chief Admissions Office

For those applying to both PCOM campuses, I got the following email this afternoon...looks like secondaries won't be sent out for another couple weeks!

Good afternoon:

On behalf of the Admissions team, I would like to thank you for your interest in osteopathic medicine and Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine.

We are in receipt of your AACOMAS application for the DO Class of 2016. Please note we are currently in the processing of updating both the Philadelphia and Georgia Campus - PCOM supplementals. Once they are finalized, you will automatically receive the appropriate supplemental via email. If you applied to both Philadelphia and Georgia Campus, you will receive a supplemental for each campus. If you want to have letters of recommendation sent to the Admissions Office on your behalf prior to that date, please feel free to do so. Any/all documentation will automatically be scanned to our system.

We expect to finalize everything in the near future and get the supplementals to you no later than August 12, 2011.

Sincerely,
Deborah Benvenger

:thumbup: Thanks for the info! I was actually about to start pre-writing the supplemental essays for PCOM. After seeing this, I'm thinking it might be wise to hold off as they are "updating".

Good afternoon:

Sincerely,
Deborah Benvenger

its weird actually. 2 days ago i got a similar email but it said no later than august 2nd on it. and today got the same email that said no later than august 12.

1. ATSU-SOMA
2. ATSU-KCOM
3. NSU-COM
4. CCOM
5. AZCOM
6. DMUCOM
7. LECOM-Bradenton
8. LECOM-Erie/Seton Hill
9. RVUCOM
10. UNECOM
11. OSUCOM
12. MSUCOM