LIU Acceptance!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

blackstalyon

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just got the letter into the third year of Pharmacy!!! They sent out the letter this week and most of the people are getting them.

Im so f*king happy!

Members don't see this ad.

I just got the letter into the third year of Pharmacy!!! They sent out the letter this week and most of the people are getting them.

Im so f*king happy!

congratulation. by the way, what is your stats?

Congrats man, waht was ur GPA

Members don't see this ad :)
i got my acceptance letter in the mail today too...but i'm going to decline the offer. good luck to all who are waiting to get in!

why in the freaking world are u going to decline the offer.... what school are u origninally from

i got my acceptance letter in the mail today too...but i'm going to decline the offer. good luck to all who are waiting to get in!

i went to undergrad in the buffalo area...i did not like LIU pharmacy school at all...i just didn't like the facilities and they seemed unorganized and i HATED the area and the traffic. it is just not for me.

i went to undergrad in the buffalo area...i did not like LIU pharmacy school at all...i just didn't like the facilities and they seemed unorganized and i HATED the area and the traffic. it is just not for me.

so do you get into pharmacy school in buffalo

Members don't see this ad :)
congrats pharmazn. r u LIU student or out of state

Well, I went to the office today, and the secretary told me that if you didn't get an interview, you probably are not even going to get a rejection letter.

WTF?

that means that you won't get any letter from them.

Well, I went to the office today, and the secretary told me that if you didn't get an interview, you probably are not even going to get a rejection letter.

WTF?
If that is the case, LIU admissions faculty need to learn a thing or two about common courtesy and consideration. I hope this is not a rumor, as the more I hear about this school, the more disgusted I get. As a Brooklyn resident, I would have liked to apply here, but I'm now having doubts.
If LIU can't even take the time to send a rejection letter, then maybe I shouldn't waste my time and effort (and money!) to complete and submit an application to them.

If that is the case, LIU admissions faculty need to learn a thing or two about common courtesy and consideration. I hope this is not a rumor, as the more I hear about this school, the more disgusted I get. As a Brooklyn resident, I would have liked to apply here, but I'm now having doubts.
If LIU can't even take the time to send a rejection letter, then maybe I shouldn't waste my time and effort (and money!) to complete and submit an application to them.

I have same feeling as you. I am brooklyn resident too.

that means that you won't get any letter from them.
If I were you, I'd move on!!! If you submitted an application to them and have heard NOTHING so far, please accept the fact that you will not be called for an interview and will not be accepted to this school.
If they lack the respect of never providing any form of rejection to you, it would be wise for you to start putting more of your time and effort into researching other schools.
Furthermore, if you decide on reapplying for fall, 2009 cycle, I'd overlook LIU. Do you really want to reapply to a school that didn't have the common courtesy to respond to your application with either an acceptance OR denial?

If I were you, I'd move on!!! If you submitted an application to them and have heard NOTHING so far, please accept the fact that you will not be called for an interview and will not be accepted to this school.
If they lack the respect of never providing any form of rejection to you, it would be wise for you to start putting more of your time and effort into researching other schools.
Furthermore, if you decide on reapplying for fall, 2009 cycle, I'd overlook LIU. Do you really want to reapply to a school that didn't have the common courtesy to respond to your application with either an acceptance OR denial?

I will go for other schools

The "no response" rejection is not that uncommon when applying to some highly competitive PhD graduate programs.

I applied to a certain PhD program at the University of Florida and NEVER heard anything. When I called up they just told me to assume that if I did not hear by a certain date, then I just assume that I was denied admission which I was.

They are obviously too lazy to mail out and spend postage OR even send e-mail rejections.

At least they can easily send a mass e-mail of rejections. That would cost nothing and not much time.

Here is an example:

Sorry, you were not accepted to _________ due to the highly competitive nature of the applicant pool this year.

Sincerely,

Dean of Admissions

THat is all they have to send, and CC it to a few hundred names.

It should be done as a courtesy. But this is not highly unusual either.

The "no response" rejection is not that uncommon when applying to some highly competitive PhD graduate programs.

I applied to a certain PhD program at the University of Florida and NEVER heard anything. When I called up they just told me to assume that if I did not hear by a certain date, then I just assume that I was denied admission which I was.

They are obviously too lazy to mail out and spend postage OR even send e-mail rejections.

At least they can easily send a mass e-mail of rejections. That would cost nothing and not much time.

Here is an example:

Sorry, you were not accepted to _________ due to the highly competitive nature of the applicant pool this year.

Sincerely,

Dean of Admissions

THat is all they have to send, and CC it to a few hundred names.

It should be done as a courtesy. But this is not highly unusual either.

It totally agree with you that mass e-mail rejections shouldn't take much effort, time or cost. An application fee should cover not only the cost for admissions review but also the courtesy of a response -whether it be positive or negative. I'm sure most applications would be willing to pay an additional few dollars towards the application fee so they would be guaranteed a decision notice.

I find it extremely tacky and unprofessional for any undergraduate or graduate school not to have the decency to respond to an applicant. My cousin has just been denied acceptance to Harvard and Princeton (two of the most highly selective undergraduate schools in the world) and they had the decency to respond to the thousands of applicants who applied. The fat acceptance envelope from Yale made up for her other rejections though.:oops:

When do you register for your classes and do you know what you need to bring or if you need to know in advance which classes u want to register for? Not sure how it works. DO we see an advisor and he/she advises which course you need for that semester and you select the section that fits your schedule?

Btw congratz, i got accepted too.

For the most part, you don't get a choice for the classes you will take. There are some recitations that you may choose from, but that's about it.