LIU or Touro for Pharmacy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pharmgirl1007

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey so I've been accepted to LIU for the fall and I have an interview coming up for Touro. The pharmacist I work with was like she doesn't understand why anyone would pick Touro over LIU... I guess because it is a newer program. I like LIU because it has been around for a long time and I've heard their programs are good. On the other hand, Touro has a smaller class size and the 2+2 program seems cool. Has anyone chosen one over the other and what was your reasoning?

Members don't see this ad.

I was actually recently accepted into LIU for Fall 2015. It's accredited and is much more competitive so I would assume it's a better bet. Touro doesn't even require PCATs for admittance. I would go with LIU. Let me know what you decide and good luck with your interview!

Do not do Touro, they were recently put on probation for not passing enough students through the licensing standards ... the average pass rate in the USA including all private programs is 93%, Touro was high 70s% so there is seriously something wrong with that school ...

Members don't see this ad :)
Touro in which state (there is one in NY and in CA)
heard NY was on probation, but I think they are on full accreditation now
Touro CA doesn't accept PCAT (bc CA), but the program is also 2+2 and competitive

LIU for sure it's like the 2nd oldest school for pharmacy. They give out scholarships and first 2 years are considered undergraduate which isn't bad if you don't have a degree so financial aid. Touro is new private, expensive, and on probation recently, no scholarships.

LIU for sure it's like the 2nd oldest school for pharmacy. They give out scholarships and first 2 years are considered undergraduate which isn't bad if you don't have a degree so financial aid. Touro is new private, expensive, and on probation recently, no scholarships.

Touro University (California) COP is not on probation and never has been.
Touro College (New York) COP has been, but is now back to accredited status.

I thought if she was comparing Liu with Touro it's the one stationed in New York.

If you value your education and dollars spent towards that, I strongly suggest you steer clear of LIU Pharmacy.

Hey so I've been accepted to LIU for the fall and I have an interview coming up for Touro. The pharmacist I work with was like she doesn't understand why anyone would pick Touro over LIU... I guess because it is a newer program. I like LIU because it has been around for a long time and I've heard their programs are good. On the other hand, Touro has a smaller class size and the 2+2 program seems cool. Has anyone chosen one over the other and what was your reasoning?

DO NOT GO TO TOURO - SEE MY POST ON THE SCHOOL POSTED TODAY