LIU vs. Touro- Manhattan HELP!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ap1217

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys,

I hope any of you can help me make a decision between these schools. Or give any opinion on either program i would really appreciate it. My dilemma is

1) the cost- LIU would cost about 154K and touro is 88K...after graduation in ten years I would be paying: LIU- 224k touro- 128k.

2) school's reputation. I've heard some not so great things about touro, and a voice from someone currently in the program would be greatly appreciated

3) MY MAIN CONCERN: Do employers place a emphasis on which school you received your DPT degree from??

any and all responses will help me out alot!!!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

in my understanding an accredited degree is an accredited degree....the field is standardized for a reason, as long as you pass the licensing exam it doesnt matter where you get your degree from.

Going to a top name school with get you better clinical placements, contacts, and better prepare you for the licensing exam. This may or may not give you a better chance of a higher paid starting job right out of school. Is that chance worth 224k? (that is a LOT i mean A LOT of money).

my 2 cents

I would absolutely, under no circumstance, go somewhere that charges over $100k for a DPT. That's just foolish for a job that is only gonna pay $65-70k for the first few years you are working. I can't fathom how these schools that cost over $100k even stay in business.... :annoyed:

Members don't see this ad :)
Do not go to Touro. I chose Touro because it was the least expensive of my options and it was the biggest mistake of my life. My class started with 34 people and in our 5th semester we are down to 26. They failed almost 25% of the class out by the end of 4th semester. With 1 exception, the staff could not care less about the students. Instead of helping you to succeed they try their hardest every semester to 'weed people out'. Everything is a disorganized mess, which makes succeeding that much harder and the quality of the education in most of the classes is terrible. No one gets the clinical placements they want and the professors are constantly leaving or being fired. Honestly the program is a complete scam. Please invest in a better program, you will not regret it.

Reactions: 1 user
Also, the price of rent in manhattan is astronomical compared to brooklyn and if you live plan to live near the school you attend the price of rent will probably bring those numbers a lot closer.

Anybody have any information on the LIU program? I'm concerned about their low graduation rate (84%)