Llu

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BENNY4567

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi friends,If LLU takes bench exam on only one day, & somebody told me its always on 29th august, is it right? I need to schedule my part2, so pls let me know.

Members don't see this ad.

anybody pls reply?:(

It is on August 29th this year but it is not always on that date every year. Good luck on part 2, you will need to pass that test before you will receive an invitation to the practical examination. Sorry for the late response I've had a busy week, grading final exams and preparing and submitting final grades for the quarter. Dr. Mitchell

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi Dr. Mitchell,

Thank you very much for giving me a needed information.

Regards

It is on August 29th this year but it is not always on that date every year. Good luck on part 2, you will need to pass that test before you will receive an invitation to the practical examination. Sorry for the late response I've had a busy week, grading final exams and preparing and submitting final grades for the quarter. Dr. Mitchell

Hi Dr. Mitchell:
Is ther any age limit to Lom Linda university .Last year after i passed clinical exam and interview I had been told that my age is abig problem that the committee will not accepted it .I met another candidate the same age of mine and he asured me that he face the same problem with Loma linda . In canada is also very hard , in 2006 the instructor told me that .I'm not expired ! i just 45 ,indeed I feel I'm 25 and i have 20 years international dental experience 6 of them in Dubai .

No there is no maximum age limit, but it can work against you if you do not stand out from your competition in the admissions process. We have had several students in their 40's in our program. Dr. Mitchell

Hello Dr. Mitchell,
I am appearing for my part 2 next week. I am sending all the documents except part 2 score, before the deadline. ADA shall be sending me the score report for part 2 in about 3 to 4 weeks. So, I would be able to submit my part 2 scores around second week of August. I wish to know if LLU shall consider my application in this scenario.
Thanks a lot

Hello Dr. Mitchell,
I am appearing for my part 2 next week. I am sending all the documents except part 2 score, before the deadline. ADA shall be sending me the score report for part 2 in about 3 to 4 weeks. So, I would be able to submit my part 2 scores around second week of August. I wish to know if LLU shall consider my application in this scenario.
Thanks a lot

It is possible but your part II scores wouldn't be in till about 6 weeks after the deadline. I would check with the admissions department for a final answer as they have the call on that. My personal feeling would be that a slight chance exists for you to be considered on this cycle but it is probably unlikely.

Thank you very much Dr. Mitchell for your Opinion. I hope I can send my scores as soon as possible to LLU, because I really want to make it to LLU IDP program this year.

Hi,
I am a FTD interested in LLU, but the requirement of sending documents directly from the university has put me off. I am from India and I dont see any way that my university will send the documents.Iam from RAJIV GANDHI UNIVERSITY OF HEALTH SCIENCES, any one here from the same? What is everyone doing about this ? how are you people getting the documents from the university? any tricks? any advices? please help.
I am so very sad as I am unable to apply.:(

thanks all

Is it only transcript which they require directly from school or original degree as well? pls do reply

Hi Benny,

I had the same doubt about dental degree, so I called them and yes, your school need to send a certificate or a copy of you dental degree (a paper where it says that you have a DDS degree).
But you still can call them and see what they say. :)

Good Luck

Is it only transcript which they require directly from school or original degree as well? pls do reply

Hi,
I am a FTD interested in LLU, but the requirement of sending documents directly from the university has put me off. I am from India and I dont see any way that my university will send the documents.Iam from RAJIV GANDHI UNIVERSITY OF HEALTH SCIENCES, any one here from the same? What is everyone doing about this ? how are you people getting the documents from the university? any tricks? any advices? please help.
I am so very sad as I am unable to apply.:(

thanks all
I have the same problem..I called cindy and told my problem..u also talk to her and tell ur situation..may be they will consider us..

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi Teru,
But somebody told me that only transcript from school? Even when I asked cindy she didn't mention about original degree as well:confused:

Hi Benny,

I had the same doubt about dental degree, so I called them and yes, your school need to send a certificate or a copy of you dental degree (a paper where it says that you have a DDS degree).
But you still can call them and see what they say. :)

Good Luck

In their webpage:

Official transcripts with English translations MUST be mailed to us directly by the dental university attended.
A recent passport size photograph with name on the back.
Diploma or certificate with English translations conferring graduation by the dental university

That's why i called them and I asked speficically about the diploma/certificate (where it is state that you received a DDS degree from that school). They told me that it should be send by dental school also.
I think the best idea is that you call the school and ask. ;)

Hi Teru,
But somebody told me that only transcript from school? Even when I asked cindy she didn't mention about original degree as well:confused:

Thanx Teru, now query is to whom should application fees payable to( bank draft)? I couldn't find on their site and phone is mostly on hold wen i call to university.

I think once you finish with your online application they give you the opportunity to pay online. I'm not sure because I haven't finish with the questionary. You can try to send and email too.
Did you take already part 2?? because you need to send the score before August 1 to be consider for this year application.

Thanx Teru, now query is to whom should application fees payable to( bank draft)? I couldn't find on their site and phone is mostly on hold wen i call to university.

Hi, in LLU application they have questionaire. Is it compulsory to answer all the questions or is it enogh if we just upload the sop directly. Please reply soon. Thank you..

I think you should answer the essay questions. They have you SOP from CAAPID. But it's best to call them and confirm. :)

Hi, in LLU application they have questionaire. Is it compulsory to answer all the questions or is it enogh if we just upload the sop directly. Please reply soon. Thank you..

Thanks for answering Teru. I just called Cindy to confirm. She said it's enogh to send an essay as long as you adress all the questions in it.

Boy, you people are getting pretty good at this! Don't even need my help anymore:)

Don't say that Dr. Mitchell. You know that you are a great help. I think you are the only faculty here that help us so much. :thumbup:
And I hope to meet you in person (if I get invited to the interview) :p

Thank you very much :)

Boy, you people are getting pretty good at this! Don't even need my help anymore:)

I totally agree with you Teru78..!!!
Dr.Mitchell You are of such a great help to all of us here. Thanks a lot for taking your time and giving your valuable suggestions to us. Very much looking forward to be a part of your prestigious program.. Keeping my fingers crossed with lots of prayers...

hi everyone! hi teru, hi benny.remember me.i wish u guys luck for this admission process!!
@Dr. mitchell! u have been a great help to everyone here and its really amazing that a faculty member is sorting time to help others.!! really appreciable.showing the right path to anyone is the way to God!!!
THANKS A LOT !!!

hi friends,
(hi feelgood) pls let me know how do u confirm if your transcript has been received by llu, I called Ms. Cindy when she transferred, and it was to confirm by doing fax( if u do like that). And if anybody paid application fees through draft coz i received their email of online application very late and had already submitted my fees, now somebody who chk drafts is on vacations so how will i confirm if they recievd or now before deadline? pls do let me know

@benny
open the link with id of ur online application. u will see status of your application. u can check everything whatever they have recieved or not....

Hi everyone...does LLU send email confirming that the application is complete?? any ideas??

hi friends, i need help too!!
i sent the letter of recommendations through CAAPID only.
but do we need to update the name of the recommender and his/her email id in the online aplication of llu where they have asked for reference letter. or we can just leave it!!! plz guys help me.

Last edited:
hi friends, i need help too!!
i sent the letter of recommendations through CAAPID only.
but do we need to update the name of the recommender and his/her email id in the online aplication of llu where they have asked for referance letter. or we can just leave it!!! plz guys help me.

Even i had the same question and i wrote email to them and they replied saying that if letters have been sent to caapid or to LLU then no need to do it.hope this helps but still try and confirm it.

@DENDOC
Thanks buddy.yupp i talked to Cindy and confirmed the same thing. she said that if it has been sent through caapid,we can leave that reference column in online apllication..
hey one more thing. i have checked my status and it shows everything they have received.but it shows transcript and evaluation of transcript columns empty.i asked my college and university;they said they already sent it long back. but i am worried coz llu has not updated it yet.i called llu and they said if they will recieve,it would be updated.

Last edited:
thank u feelgood and regarding transcripts same is with me, though college has already sent but no updation by llu yet.

@benny
open the link with id of ur online application. u will see status of your application. u can check everything whatever they have recieved or not....

hello sir, will everybody whose application has been complete be invited to the bench exam like last year? and when will we be notified? Thank you

I checked with the admissions department yesterday, the letters should be going out on Monday or Tuesday next week. I'll look forward to seeing all the invitees on the 29th. Dr. Mitchell

Good luck everyone, maybe I'll see you on the 29th.

Ive got my invitation letter on Saturday, c u on 29th, and good luck to ev1

Congratulations drtipatel. So the bench exam will be on Sunday 29? and then personal interview in the following days??
I know that last year, the bench exam was on a Friday.

Good Luck :luck:

Ive got my invitation letter on Saturday, c u on 29th, and good luck to ev1

I have got my invitation letter too. Good luck everyone! See you on 29th.

was it an email invite or regular mail ?

I've got call too....good luck all..:soexcited::xf::xf::xf:

Hi All,

I got the invite today evening in snail mail...and I'm very excited...does anyone know what to expect in the test? is it bench top or on a mannequin? Good Luck everyone....:thumbup::luck:

Any one traveling from Dallas. what will be the safe return flight to book. Any one interested to share the accomadation, I am a female from India

Any one from Seattle for Aug 29th Interview ?

Any one from bay area got invitation from LLU...

i got it by regular mail, it should be on dental chair like last year, not an actual bench exam, ive prepared hard this year, wasnt prepared at all last year, fingers crossed!! Probably 150 people or so may be coming this year like last year!

Guys, what should we focus on for dexterity exam. Do they ask onlays, inlays and partial crowns like 3/4 or 7/8 crown too?

Congratulations drtipatel. So the bench exam will be on Sunday 29? and then personal interview in the following days??
I know that last year, the bench exam was on a Friday.

Good Luck :luck:
Actually last years exam was on a Sunday also, Dr. Fitzpatrick and I graded all the typodonts that evening, I remember it well, lots of work

i got it by regular mail, it should be on dental chair like last year, not an actual bench exam, ive prepared hard this year, wasnt prepared at all last year, fingers crossed!! Probably 150 people or so may be coming this year like last year!
I don't think we will have quite as many this year

LLU IDP interview aug29th... anybody wants to share accommodation... i am an indian female from canada...

hi, i am a female from india too... i live in canada and was thinking of sharing accommodation in a hotel thats walkable to LLU dental school.
let me know if you are interested... if yes then we can quickly book as it might get filled soon...