LMHC/LPC salary

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wonderboy123

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
For a person with the following demographics what would be their estimated salary as a licensed counselor ?

Graduate of an Ivy league masters in counseling psychology

Bilingual- Spanish speaker

Ny/ nj area ??

Thank you for your time !

Members don't see this ad.

Hello wonderboy123,

It really depends what kind of setting you're working in (agency, hospital, private practice, NGOs, government, etc.). Fortunately, NY/NJ pays more than some other regions. And considering that you graduated from an Ivy League school and that you are bilingual, you will find a position much faster.

Also, are you a LAC, LPC, LRC?

Hello wonderboy123,

It really depends what kind of setting you're working in (agency, hospital, private practice, NGOs, government, etc.). Fortunately, NY/NJ pays more than some other regions. And considering that you graduated from an Ivy League school and that you are bilingual, you will find a position much faster.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello wonderboy123,

Thank you for your reply. I'm planning on pursuing my LPC and working in. Hospital or government agency.

Speaking as someone working in NJ, you can expect to be making at least $21+/hour easily. If you're working for a governmental agency, I can imagine it being more.