LMU c/o 2020 applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bigreddog

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everybody, this is my first post here. I just wanted to see if any one has applied to Lincoln Memorial Univeristy and where they are at in the process. I submitted my VMCAS 8/28 and am waiting for verification. I received an email about an hour ago from LMU saying that they received my supplemental application, GRE scores, and VMCAS application. It said they are waiting on VMCAS verification and then my stuff will be given to the admissions committee for review for a potential interview. Has anyone with a verified VMCAS application been contacted by LMU? I know Midwestern has already had some interviews, just wondering if LMU has already started.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everybody, this is my first post here. I just wanted to see if any one has applied to Lincoln Memorial Univeristy and where they are at in the process. I submitted my VMCAS 8/28 and am waiting for verification. I received an email about an hour ago from LMU saying that they received my supplemental application, GRE scores, and VMCAS application. It said they are waiting on VMCAS verification and then my stuff will be given to the admissions committee for review for a potential interview. Has anyone with a verified VMCAS application been contacted by LMU? I know Midwestern has already had some interviews, just wondering if LMU has already started.
I was contacted for an interview! They are starting in the next couple of weeks. LMU seems to be really good with communicating what application materials they have received and where you are in the process, so I've been really impressed by that. Now I'm just looking forward to visiting campus!

Congrats on the interview. Keep us updated on how everything goes.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm a second year student at LMU-CVM, so please let me know if I can answer any questions! Good luck with your applications and hopefully interviews as well!

I've got an interview set up for October 23rd! I'm looking forward to visiting the campus!!

Reactions: 1 users
I emailed them on Friday and she said I am in the pile to be evaluated!

Just received an interview invite! It's on October 7th!

Reactions: 1 user
Interview on October 6th! Haven't accepted or denied the offer. Can anyone tell me the pros and cons about LMU? How is the environment and the school in general? It will be my first time traveling to Tennessee!

Also, is this school accredited yet or not?

Interview on October 6th! Haven't accepted or denied the offer. Can anyone tell me the pros and cons about LMU? How is the environment and the school in general? It will be my first time traveling to Tennessee!
I really love LMU-CVM. One of my favorite parts is our dispersed clinical year-we get to see cases that we'll see in practice, not just the "zebras". We have one of the earliest starts to clinical skills-Dean Hoffsis was telling us that every faculty he interviews is surprised that we start tying knots and learning and handling instruments our very first semester. We learned how to do simple, interrupted sutures at the start of second semester, something that other schools don't learn until second or third year. Each semester builds on the previous and this year they've added clicker quizzes and mini-OSCEs at the end of labs so that we're sure that we've mastered the material. They want us to feel very confident in our animal and surgical handling skills so that we are prepared for the real world. I had several friends work in clinics over the summer and their bosses/mentors thought they were 3rd years from their skill levels and knowledge.

The administration is very open to suggestions and hearing what we have to say. At least once a month we have a Dean's Hour, where Dean Hoffsis tells us about some upcoming opportunities and listens to any suggestions or comments that students have. One thing that many of us suggested first semester was being able to review our exams to see what questions we missed (we take our tests on the computer); starting in the spring semester, they enabled the ability for us to review our exams immediately after we submit it for around 30 minutes while we're still in the secured testing environment to ensure that the questions aren't compromised for future classes. I really appreciate how willing they are to listen to us and help improve the program.

The faculty are awesome. We have several visiting faculty (they come for 1-2 weeks at a time) that make an exceptional effort to make sure we feel prepared for exams with review sessions, easy email communication, etc. I have never felt that I couldn't approach a faculty member about an issue and the admin wants to hear feedback about professors and how classes are going.

The small animal teaching center is being finished up and we'll be moving in for clinical skills labs in October. It's over an acre under roof. 59 dog runs with heated floors, 2 recovery/kennel rooms with heated floors, a separate cat room with 2 story condos and walk-thrus, 2 isolation rooms, a treatment/single surgery area, a clinical skills room with 36 tables, a surgery prep room with 24 tables (each "pod" has 3 wet and 1 dry table), surgery suite 24 surgery tables, a model/practice room, 10 study rooms (with TVs), a lounge, some office space, and 100-seat lecture hall. They've put a lot of thought into making this a very functional teaching space with lots of big-screen TVs in the clinical areas so everyone can watch what the professor is doing or see our lab objectives.

One of the biggest cons (depending on who you ask) is that Harrogate is very small. I'm fine with having WalMart in Middlesboro (5-7 minute drive from campus) and Knoxville is about an hour away if someone needs a specialty item. I use Amazon for lots of things. I love the small town life-I'm <1 mile and 3 minutes from main campus where I live currently. I'm biased since I came from a smaller town and did my undergrad at LMU.

Also, is this school accredited yet or not?
Right now we have provisional accreditation. The earliest we will be eligible for full accreditation is 2018 when the first class (mine) graduates. We do not have to take any special boards-just the NAVLE like all the other accredited schools.

Thank dvmhopeful2018 for the post. I was at Ross a few semesters and remember Dascanio so some of these things don't surprise me. I am no longer at Ross and hope to apply next VMCAS to a few schools including LMU. I'm working right now to build myself back up gpa and experience-wise. I loved vet school *yea, you read that right*. Keep posting and asking questions, please !!!Im definitely interested in LMU because of the small town setting so anything anyone post regarding it will get my attention. Good luck everyone :)

Hello everyone!!! I applied here and I'm really excited to see if I receive an interview.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone heard how the interviews are?

Apparently it is really laid back! It's set up in a way to try to make you feel as comfortable and as relaxed as possible. Are you interviewing with MWU? If so what day? Mine is the on the 21st of next month! :)

I interviewed last Monday. It was very relaxed. I had a great conversation with my interviewers. It's nothing to worry about! They genuinely want to get to know you as a person. :) Good luck!

Ahh!! I have my interview tomorrow guys! Any last minute suggestions! I will be interviewing tomorrow at 11:40am!

Got an interview for October 23rd! I'm so excited!

I'm interviewing on the 21st! I got my invite a week ago. I can't wait to see the campus, it looks beautiful

I just interviewed today and I loved the school! Omgsh everyone was so nice! The interview went well for me! Goodluck on your interviews everybody! :)

Did you just get an interview invite today?

I got it at 1PM yesterday but didn't see the email til this morning. Hopefully it didn't fill up yet as I have yet to receive a confirmation email!

I got it at 1PM yesterday but didn't see the email til this morning. Hopefully it didn't fill up yet as I have yet to receive a confirmation email!
There were interviews today, so most of the admissions staff were away from their computers for the majority of the day. Otherwise, they're good about getting back quickly.

Got an invite to interview on the 23rd. Looks like I'll see a few of you there. Now just waiting for them to confirm so I can work out flights/hotel.

To the folks recently invited to interviews, when did your vmcas application get verified?

To the folks recently invited to interviews, when did your vmcas application get verified?

9/13-9/14 one of those two days and got an interview invite on 9/16.

9/13-9/14 one of those two days and got an interview invite on 9/16.
Thanks. I got verified on 9/14 and got an email 9/15 saying all of my stuff was received and I was put in line to be reviewed. I was hoping they just hadn't reached my app yet.

Based on the VMCAS website, my application has yet to be verified. They had some transcript nonsense with one of mine and didn't actually send it into the Verification queue until 9/17.

I wouldn't read too much into dates and when people are getting stuff though. Patience is key. I have no idea how I even got an invite without my stuff being verified, but I'll roll with it.

Based on the survey LMU sent me after my interview I believe the interview dates that were/are/will become available are:

9/21
10/6
10/7
10/14
10/21
10/23- AM
10/23-PM
10/28
11/6
11/11
11/20
12/4
12/10-AM
12/10-PM

I just got contacted for an interview on 11/6! :) Good luck everyone! Anyone have any suggestions for the interview/flights/hotels :)?

I just got contacted for an interview on 11/6! :) Good luck everyone! Anyone have any suggestions for the interview/flights/hotels :)?
Most people fly into Knoxville (TYS) and stay in Middlesboro at the Holiday Inn Express, Sleep Inn, or Days Inn. I've stayed at the Cumberland Gap Inn down in Cumberland Gap and it was very nice with better prices than Holiday Inn/Sleep Inn; they also tend not to sell out as fast since it's a local place and not a chain-but if you're a month away the others should have availability.

It was cheaper for me to stay in Knoxville and just suck up the drive on the day of the interview to get up there and head back afterwards to catch my flight the next morning. Not ideal, but it saved me about $200.

@dvmhopeful2018 How bad do you think the traffic will be on Friday from Knoxville to LMU?

It was cheaper for me to stay in Knoxville and just suck up the drive on the day of the interview to get up there and head back afterwards to catch my flight the next morning. Not ideal, but it saved me about $200.

@dvmhopeful2018 How bad do you think the traffic will be on Friday from Knoxville to LMU?
Traffic in Knoxville sucks, especially morning. If you take TN HWY 33N from Knoxville, it's pretty good once you're out of the suburbs. If you take I75 to La Follette and come up HWY63, the interstate out of Knoxville can have traffic and La Follette has mildish traffic, but the rest is fine. The only issue with both of these is that a lot of it is 2 lane and there are slow drivers-but there are "truck lanes" on hills so you can pass.

Interesting that it was that much cheaper in Knoxville-when I've had to stay there in the same chains as my earlier post, they were more expensive. Unless you were here this last week during homecoming-that may have made prices higher.

Traffic in Knoxville sucks, especially morning. If you take TN HWY 33N from Knoxville, it's pretty good once you're out of the suburbs. If you take I75 to La Follette and come up HWY63, the interstate out of Knoxville can have traffic and La Follette has mildish traffic, but the rest is fine. The only issue with both of these is that a lot of it is 2 lane and there are slow drivers-but there are "truck lanes" on hills so you can pass.

Interesting that it was that much cheaper in Knoxville-when I've had to stay there in the same chains as my earlier post, they were more expensive. Unless you were here this last week during homecoming-that may have made prices higher.

Good info, I appreciate it. Yeah I was surprised that it was cheaper. I'm not overly excited about driving there the day of my interview, but I'll get out of town early and just explore the huge metropolis of Harrogate until it's time for the game face. I'll be up there from 22-24 October. It'll be nice to see some of Tennessee and the school, even if it's for a lightning trip.

Good info, I appreciate it. Yeah I was surprised that it was cheaper. I'm not overly excited about driving there the day of my interview, but I'll get out of town early and just explore the huge metropolis of Harrogate until it's time for the game face. I'll be up there from 22-24 October. It'll be nice to see some of Tennessee and the school, even if it's for a lightning trip.
Gap Creek Coffee House and Pineapple Tea Room are my 2 favorite spots to hang out (aka camp out and study) in Cumberland Gap. Gap Creek has better coffee, but Pineapple has better food/sandwiches and is not as noisy.

My roommate got an email last week saying something about all the interview spots being filled until December and that if any spots open up they will continue interviews after the holidays... I didn't get this email. The only email I got was a few weeks ago saying that my application was complete and being reviewed. Did anyone else get this email about the interviews being full?

I received my interview invitation last Wednesday for October 28th. Good luck to everyone!!!

My roommate got an email last week saying something about all the interview spots being filled until December and that if any spots open up they will continue interviews after the holidays... I didn't get this email. The only email I got was a few weeks ago saying that my application was complete and being reviewed. Did anyone else get this email about the interviews being full?
I just double checked my email and I had the same one. I am not worried about it though. In the email it said it was just a follow up to let applicants know that they have not reached their application yet to be evaluated not that they were not receiving an interview.

This is the email I received from LMU last week:

"Our goal here at Lincoln Memorial University-College of Veterinary Medicine is to keep you, as an applicant, updated throughout the application process. We know that this process can be stressful and we want to do everything we can to alleviate some of that stress.
To give you a brief update, we are currently processing and reviewing applications as quickly as we can. Once your application is reviewed you will receive a notification on whether or not we will be extending you an invitation to interview. We currently have interview days scheduled from now until December. If needed, we will continue interviewing after the winter holidays."
So it looks like they have interview days scheduled until December, not filled up.

I have my interview on Friday! So nervous. Does anyone have good last minute advice?

I have my interview on Friday! So nervous. Does anyone have good last minute advice?
I'm in the same boat. I'd say just be calm, be yourself, be prepared, and just it flow. Contain your panic until you get to the disco. :zip:

That's my plan anyway... plus coffee, but that's pretty much 50% of what flows through my veins on any given day. :coffee:

Just got an interview for November 11! So excited! Any suggestions for restaurants or any must sees in the area? I'll
be coming up the day before.

If you like BBQ, Haymaker's was SO good. I bought BBQ sauce to bring home with me because it was delicious. I would have loved to have more time to explore the national park. The area is so beautiful. Good luck with your interview!

Does anyone know how many LMU interviews?

How many students are interviewed and how many are accepted? Just curious.

Not sure. They want 100 students for the class of 2020. When I had my interview there were like 16-ish of us there. I know a selected few are accepted from each interview group. I am just not sure how many exactly or if there is even a set number. Sorry I couldn't be more help!

Try looking at c/o 2019's thread!