LMU c/o 2020 applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm curious if anyone even got denied. I've heard of some schools waitlisting everyone that didn't get in after interviews.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Members don't see this ad.

everyone check their emails! they sent some out today. Waitlisted, but good luck to everyone else still waiting to hear

Members don't see this ad :)
I've been waitlisted, too. Now more waiting :/ but at least it isn't a rejection. I, too, am curious if they just put everyone on the waitlist or they just haven't sent out rejection notices yet.

Wait listed also. I wonder if they wait list everyone..

Wait listed also. I wonder if they wait list everyone..

Waitlisted as well. Does anyone know how far into the waitlist they go? From what someone said earlier, they don't rank the waitlist, they meet on a weekly basis or so and make decisions on applicants at that time.

Reactions: 1 user
Waitlisted as well. Does anyone know how far into the waitlist they go? From what someone said earlier, they don't rank the waitlist, they meet on a weekly basis or so and make decisions on applicants at that time.
I'm not sure, I'de really like to call and find out more but they said to refrain from doing that... Idk if that now means I have to start thinking about re-applying places or what... Perhaps they sent out all the wait list notifications today and the denials will be within the next couple days? I'll be very discouraged if they wait listed 300 people

I was accepted this past weekend but will be accepting a spot elsewhere so hopefully one of you will get my spot!! Just emailed Genell to decline.

I am on the wait list as well congrats on making it this far everyone! Let's hope we all get seats

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Does anyone know how long they give you to say yes or no once offered a seat if it's after the April 15 deadline

The deadline is April 15.

Yes but you can be be notified until classes start in August so how long do they give people to accept a seat after that deadline

Yes but you can be be notified until classes start in August so how long do they give people to accept a seat after that deadline

The hard deadline is April 15. They should have a full class by that day. The reason why they can call into August is if someone in the class suddenly has to decline. Medical reason, deployment, etc. So something happens between being accepted in April and starting school in August where they can no longer attend school. My mom was friends with a lady who was accepted to med school but had to decline her seat a week before classes started because she got deployed.

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh sorry I understand what you are saying now. I'm not sure about that. Although, I'm sure they would want to know your decisions STAT in that situation.

Ok thanks for the input. Hopefully we will all be offered seats before then

My daughter received a phone call yesterday....ACCEPTED! However, her IS also said YES! She is declining her 2020 seat at LMU. I thought I would let everyone know they continue to call with acceptance, and many will be declining. I believe the wait list at LMU will move faster (and deeper) than most. Good luck to all!

I was waitlisted as well but I will be declining my spot on the waitlist as I was accepted to UPenn and K-State

WAITLISTED! However, I was wondering if everyone who was not accepted got WAITLISTED. Is there some way to find out? Any current LMU students keeping up with this thread and could help out?

I guess as we get more towards the deadline people will decline their seats

So I just met some people that got interviews and got rejected from Lincoln. So at least they didn't wait list 300 people.

Reactions: 1 users
I wonder if they would discourage asking about the amount of people on the wait list

Hey guys, don't lose hope! I got a call today. I was accepted off of the waitlist. I will be declining my seat to attend my IS school. I sincerely hope one of you gets my spot! Good luck!

Reactions: 3 users
Hey guys, don't lose hope! I got a call today. I was accepted off of the waitlist. I will be declining my seat to attend my IS school. I sincerely hope one of you gets my spot! Good luck!

Thanks for the update and congratulations on getting into yourI IS school!

I know lmu students don't do their clinicals there. How does that work again? Is it similar to the Carib schools (3 years there then the 4 year at another school?)

I know lmu students don't do their clinicals there. How does that work again? Is it similar to the Carib schools (3 years there then the 4 year at another school?)
Our clinical year is distributed, not at another school. We have clinical affiliates (look on vetmed.lmunet.edu under clinical sites) that we do rotations with. The big hubs are Lexington, KY, Harrogate, and Knoxville, TN. We have core and electives rotations that are customizable (like for specialty core, I can do 1 equine and 1 small animal since I'm equine focused where as someone small animal would do 2 small animal, etc). It gives us a lot of flexibility to "track" unofficially.

Has anyone moved off the wait list lately or heard how full the class is ? I have been fighting the urge to call and see how full the class is and how many people are wait listed

I just wish I knew how many people they wait listed

I just got a call! I've been accepted!
I am sure they will be giving more calls as students are making their final decisions. Good luck, everybody!!! Rooting for y'all!

Reactions: 2 users
I just got a call! I've been accepted!
I am sure they will be giving more calls as students are making their final decisions. Good luck, everybody!!! Rooting for y'all!
Congrats!! Would you mind sharing some of your stats?

Congrats!! Would you mind sharing some of your stats?

Thank you so much!!! Y'all are next! :)
No problem! I was pretty average, I think.
GPA 3.65
GRE 305 (150-something in both Q and V)
Hours: 750 at time of application, mostly small animal

Declined my spot yesterday afternoon. Good luck to all of you!

These last few days before and after the deadline are going to be agony. I have been checking my email obsessively and I jump when my phone rings.

Hey guys! Today I gave up my seat to go to a school that was a better fit for me. For those of you still on the wait list have hope and good luck!

Hey guys! Today I gave up my seat to go to a school that was a better fit for me. For those of you still on the wait list have hope and good luck!
Thanks for telling us and congrats!!

Has anyone heard how full the class is? I'm getting anxious...

Just got a call today and was offered a seat!

Sent from my SM-G920V using SDN mobile

Reactions: 5 users