LMU c/o 2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Thanks for your input, do you know if we will be introducing ourselves anew to each interviewer, or will they all be watching us, and just taking turns?

You will be in separate rooms for each interviewer.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Got an interview invite today! For November 22.

For those of you who are flying in and can't rent a car, how do you plan to get from Knoxville to Harrogate? Uber? Seems rather expensive and I was wondering if there is a cheaper/better option out there.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)

For those of you who are flying in and can't rent a car, how do you plan to get from Knoxville to Harrogate? Uber? Seems rather expensive and I was wondering if there is a cheaper/better option out there.

If you are under 25, you can sign up through USAA and get the underage fee waived. Otherwise, there's not really a lot of other options.

If you don't mind me asking, when did you submit your VMCAS application?

If you don't mind me asking, when did you submit your VMCAS application?

I submitted around August 10th. Not sure the exact date but right around there - give or take a day.

Had my interview yesterday, and all the people there are lovely. Their new interviewing style was kind of interesting, I felt very comfortable! It was a really long day, so try to dress as comfortable as possible while still being professional haha.

Reactions: 3 users
Had my interview yesterday, and all the people there are lovely. Their new interviewing style was kind of interesting, I felt very comfortable! It was a really long day, so try to dress as comfortable as possible while still being professional haha.

Hey! I interview November 9th. Just curious what kinds of questions they asked you? Are they still 'normal' interview questions or behavioral style (i.e. "tell me a time when..."). I hope your interview went well!!

Hey! I interview November 9th. Just curious what kinds of questions they asked you? Are they still 'normal' interview questions or behavioral style (i.e. "tell me a time when..."). I hope your interview went well!!

They are more behavioral questions like previous years. They don't have access to your file, just your name.

They are more behavioral questions like previous years. They don't have access to your file, just your name.

Yes they where very much behavioral. The new interview style has 4 interviewers in different rooms that ask you questions surrounding a topic, like honesty,adaptability, what kind of medicine are you interested in. But some of them didn't seem to fit with the topic at all, so just be prepared for everything haha.

Yes they where very much behavioral. The new interview style has 4 interviewers in different rooms that ask you questions surrounding a topic, like honesty,adaptability, what kind of medicine are you interested in. But some of them didn't seem to fit with the topic at all, so just be prepared for everything haha.
Good to know, thanks!

Has anyone else got an interview yet? And if you don't mind what are your stats? My friend and myself are getting itchy over here and are trying to get a feel for what they are selecting for. Thanks!:)

Members don't see this ad :)
I wouldn't worry too much if you haven't heard back yet, I think they are holding interviews through February.

Last edited:
I am interviewing on November 9th. I am very nervous, but it seems like everyone that has gone has good things to say!

I submitted my VMCAS in early August (I think the 8th?)

Just got interview invitation for 22 November! Can't wait!!

Reactions: 4 users
I am interviewing on November 9th. I am very nervous, but it seems like everyone that has gone has good things to say!

I submitted my VMCAS in early August (I think the 8th?)
I interview November 9 as well, real excited.

Still waiting to hear something, it's killing me!

I check my email more times than I care to admit everyday Lol. Right now, no news is good news I guess!

Same..I hate it! This is one time I really wish I still had a flip phone! When I got my i phone 7 I seriously considered getting one... :/

Do you know if they have a "rolling acceptance" or do they wait until all interviews are completed and then offer admission?

Do you know if they have a "rolling acceptance" or do they wait until all interviews are completed and then offer admission?

No, they do not do rolling admissions. Ross does though.

No, they do not do rolling admissions. Ross does though.

They said when I interviewed that everyone who interviewed would know by March, but you could possibly hear earlier. So its not really rolling, because you can't apply whenever you want, but there are people that will find out sooner, and people who will find out later depending on your interview.

For those of you that visited, was anything said about the new vetmed building? I visited about two years ago and they obviously hadn't broken ground yet. Just wondering what progress has been made. Still waiting on an interview, fingers crossed!

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile

They said when I interviewed that everyone who interviewed would know by March, but you could possibly hear earlier. So its not really rolling, because you can't apply whenever you want, but there are people that will find out sooner, and people who will find out later depending on your interview.
If you don't mind me asking, when you interviewed, did they ask biographical questions, like "tell us about yourself" or more situational like, "What would you do if..."?

If you don't mind me asking, when you interviewed, did they ask biographical questions, like "tell us about yourself" or more situational like, "What would you do if..."?

I had a mix of both actually!

Hi guys!
I'm interviewing on November 21st (anyone else on here?) and the information I received said that your parents could come with you and go on the tour and to the info session and stuff (obviously not the actual interview portion), but I was wondering if anyone was doing this/has done this. My mom is coming down there with me, but I haven't RSVP'd her or anything or told my mom that she's coming on the tour and stuff with me. If it seems like no one brings their family with them to the tour and info session, I'll just have her stay at the hotel or something, but I WOULD like her to come with me if its not super uncommon at the LMU interviews.

Hi guys!
I'm interviewing on November 21st (anyone else on here?) and the information I received said that your parents could come with you and go on the tour and to the info session and stuff (obviously not the actual interview portion), but I was wondering if anyone was doing this/has done this. My mom is coming down there with me, but I haven't RSVP'd her or anything or told my mom that she's coming on the tour and stuff with me. If it seems like no one brings their family with them to the tour and info session, I'll just have her stay at the hotel or something, but I WOULD like her to come with me if its not super uncommon at the LMU interviews.

I interviewed last week and EVERYONE had someone with them. I was by myself and was 1 of few. Definitely let your mom come!

I interviewed last week and EVERYONE had someone with them. I was by myself and was 1 of few. Definitely let your mom come!
Thank you! It's my first interview so I wasn't really sure how many people ACTUALLY have someone come with them and didn't want to be the only one. I'll definitely have her come with me. Hope your interview went well for you!

For those of you that visited, was anything said about the new vetmed building? I visited about two years ago and they obviously hadn't broken ground yet. Just wondering what progress has been made. Still waiting on an interview, fingers crossed!

Our new Small Animal Teaching Center was completed October 2015. It's an acre under room and has a ~200 seat classroom, 10+ study rooms, a dedicated teaching surgery suite with 30 tables, a prep room going into surgery that's also equipped for dentals, ~60-80 dog kennels (can't remember off the top of my head), 2 recovery rooms, a dedicated cat ward that holds up to 20 cats, a pharmacy, a radiology suite with digital radiography, mobile radiography, and ultrasound with a rounds room, 2 isolate units, a large multipurpose clinical skills lab, a treatment room, a laboratory, and a self-directed clinical skills study room (with all the models and such to practice on).

I was wondering this too when I interviewed at Western so I asked them. They said they welcome and encouraged applicants to bring someone because it helps to have someone that has seen the campus and stuff to talk over making the big acceptance decisions with. I'm assuming LMU is the same. I don't know about you but my mom is going everywhere with me cuz I want her to

Our new Small Animal Teaching Center was completed October 2015. It's an acre under room and has a ~200 seat classroom, 10+ study rooms, a dedicated teaching surgery suite with 30 tables, a prep room going into surgery that's also equipped for dentals, ~60-80 dog kennels (can't remember off the top of my head), 2 recovery rooms, a dedicated cat ward that holds up to 20 cats, a pharmacy, a radiology suite with digital radiography, mobile radiography, and ultrasound with a rounds room, 2 isolate units, a large multipurpose clinical skills lab, a treatment room, a laboratory, and a self-directed clinical skills study room (with all the models and such to practice on).

Oh thanks! That's awesome I hope I get an interview so I can see what's been done with the place. Didn't get an official tour last time, just stopped in to see Dr. Faulkner and talked about the whole admissions process.

At what point should we start stressing if we haven't heard anything?

At what point should we start stressing if we haven't heard anything?
I think theyre doing interviews through February. For me, I got an email a bit less than a month before the interview date (but then I had to reschedule it because I have an exam and the prof has a no exam rescheduling policy). So I heard 10/3 I believe for a 11/9 interview (but rescheduled to 11/21). So don't stress yet!!!

I just received notice of an interview invitation! My scheduled date is for November 22nd. Anyone else hear back yet? I'm curious as to what I should expect at their interview.

I'm being hopeful here, but has anyone heard back who interviewed on the 26th like I did? I know they said March but I'm very impatient haha. :poke:

Has anyone else heard of anyone else having an interview on November 21st?

I had to reschedule mine because of an exam and Genell said the 21st was the next one after the 9th (original date), but I haven't seen anyone on here say they have one on the 21st, so it's making me nervous. I've seen a couple say they have one the 22nd, but not the 21st. I'm flying in and booked my flights a few weeks ago, so it's kind of freaking me out that I may have been told the wrong day.....

Has anyone else heard of anyone else having an interview on November 21st?

I had to reschedule mine because of an exam and Genell said the 21st was the next one after the 9th (original date), but I haven't seen anyone on here say they have one on the 21st, so it's making me nervous. I've seen a couple say they have one the 22nd, but not the 21st. I'm flying in and booked my flights a few weeks ago, so it's kind of freaking me out that I may have been told the wrong day.....

We have both the 21st and 22nd (I'm a student ambassador).

Does LMU calculate their own GPA's? My VMCAS GPA is super low (Undergrad) but my Grad GPA is a 3.48. How does LMU weight Grad GPA's?

I am roughing it out and driving from Miami, Fl to Knoxville on Monday, then to Ewing Tuesday morning. Flights are too expensive that week.

Hey,
Just got this email like 20 minutes ago, but they've changed the interview format a bit based on feedback from the first session. It was in a "just reminding you that you have an interview Monday" email, so I know everyone else will get it, but I don't know if they've sent out the email to the Tuesday people yet :)

"Based on the feedback we received from the first interview day, we have made a slight change to the interview format from what you may have seen earlier. Instead of meeting with 4 interviewers individually for 6 minutes, you will be meeting with 3 interviewers individually for 8 minutes. You will be meeting with 1 interviewer at a time and then rotate through the group of 3 interviewers. Your interview will still be blinded, meaning the interviewers have not viewed your application file prior to meeting with you, and they will still be asking the same type of get to know you/behavioral type questions."

I'm so sorry if someone answered this already, but does anyone know when they finish interviews?

I'm so sorry if someone answered this already, but does anyone know when they finish interviews?
I think they said they're doing interviews through February. For me (and it seems to be the same for everyone else so far), I got an email a bit less than a month before the interview date (but then I had to reschedule it because I had an exam that day and the prof has a no exam rescheduling policy). So I heard 10/12 for an 11/9 interview (but rescheduled to 11/21). So don't stress yet!!!

I think they said they're doing interviews through February. For me (and it seems to be the same for everyone else so far), I got an email a bit less than a month before the interview date (but then I had to reschedule it because I had an exam that day and the prof has a no exam rescheduling policy). So I heard 10/12 for an 11/9 interview (but rescheduled to 11/21). So don't stress yet!!!

Ok, great. Thanks!

nope but did receive an email yesterday saying that I was still in a pool to be considered for interview

nope but did receive an email yesterday saying that I was still in a pool to be considered for interview
Same, that's why I'm wondering if when they look at you, if they send a rejection if they don't want to interview, or if they're waiting to send one big mass of rejections in February

Same, that's why I'm wondering if when they look at you, if they send a rejection if they don't want to interview, or if they're waiting to send one big mass of rejections in February
Again, I was notified just under a month before my interview date and they are interviewing in February. So don't stress yet. People interviewing in Feb probably won't hear until January if they follow this same schedule (for the October and November dates it seems like they've followed that same notification schedule for each of the dates). You still have a chance since they emailed you saying you were still in the pool to get an interview. Don't stress yet!