LMU, Charles Drew, Cal state fullerton - Post Bacc Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

IndianSunshine

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello

I've applied to Loyola Mary mount University, Charles Drew University and Cal state Fullerton's post bacc program for pre-health. I'm looking for info on their programs from anyone who has graduated from their post bacc programs.

My first choice would be charles drew university since they also have a medical school. Have any of you graduated from either of those universities? If so, how is the curriculum, clinical research opportunities, clinical opportunities etc?

Also, how long does charles drew take to send out interviews letters to the post baccs?

Members don't see this ad.

cal state fullerton has a pretty good track record. if you are supported by their committee i believe you have over a 90% chance to matriculate into med school :cool:

here is a link to their health professions site if you havent seen it already
http://www.fullerton.edu/health_professions/

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Oo... I see. I've applied to cal state Fullerton school and will be going to their informational session tonight. I didn't know about their track record.

aSagacious : Sorry. I thought I posted this in post bacc. My bad.

Hi!
How was the info night ? I'd like to learn about fullerton program too.
Thanks much!

gratitude2012:

So, I am a academic finisher and not a career changer according to their program. SO the rules are a bit slack for me. I have about 1 year of general chemistry and 1 year of general biology in my pocket already.
They hmm, are a bit strict about the requirements such as LOR - one has to be from a clinical experience. For people like who are just starting out on the career changing path - I was a bit dejected. I've only started applying to volunteer in hospitals. As you may know, the process to volunteer in hospitals feels so long - all kinds of checks, and all that.

Also, they have about 100 applicants and only 17 spots left they said. So very competitive. Ive already gotten accepted Loyola marymount post bacc. I found out about their post bacc through the AAMAS website. I'm waiting to hear back from CDU. From what I've heard CDU is really really slow so I don't know. We shall see. I think I'm going to forego on completing my app to cal state fullerton considering I have no clinical experience right now.

The letter does not necessarily have to be from a clinical experience but from a health professional.

Has anyone any idea of the degree of competitiveness for the csu fullerton postbacc? Any personal experience details would be helpful too.