LMU-DCOM Discussion Thread 2011-2012

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Awww congrats you guys! Now you can relax and enjoy the rest of your year, cause next year is when the real fun starts hahaha. :D

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Nothing. Sheer bummer.

You had a bunch of interviews lined up, if I remember correctly. You seem like a very strong candidate and I'm sure you are going to get into to a good school.

Also, maybe Dr. Stowers had the wrong number (he didn't call the number I placed on the yellow card, but called my cell from my application). Or maybe he got caught up in the midst of calls and hasnt finished yet. Don't get to down on yourself until you get the letter.

No call here. I am expecting a rejection. My interview didn't go very well. I literally went blank for whatever reason on the first question, "why do you want to be an osteopathic physician?"

Whatever happens it's no big deal.

Nothing. Sheer bummer.

No call here. I am expecting a rejection. My interview didn't go very well. I literally went blank for whatever reason on the first question, "why do you want to be an osteopathic physician?"

Whatever happens it's no big deal.

Don't give up hope just yet, guys.

You haven't seen the letter yet!

I told you that you didn't have anything to worry about!

Congrats DrMax!

I hope to see you both in July 2012!

Well, let me add my 2 cents............

ACCEPTED!!!!!!! I got to the call this morning.

It's a great feeling indeed...

Congratz all you guys... YOU MUST BE THRILLED:)

Hopefully I get an interview invite soon...got an email last week from them saying my file is complete.

I just received an interview from LMU-DCOM today. I am very excited. This is my second interview invite. My first one was with William Carey. Will anyone else be there on October 11?

I got a call about an interview Friday, then managed to break my leg Saturday. So I am interviewing here on the 25th of October. Anyone else going to be interviewing on that day? I will be the one in a suit with one shoe due to a cast.

I got a call about an interview Friday, then managed to break my leg Saturday. So I am interviewing here on the 25th of October. Anyone else going to be interviewing on that day? I will be the one in a suit with one shoe due to a cast.

Sorry to here about your leg, but I hurt my foot today and think it might be broken. I don't have an interview at LMU yet (hopefully soon). But its comforting to know I might not be the only one going to interviews with a cast. Good luck and quick healing.

Thought I would contribute to this thread since I received an interview invite today! I was really surprised considering my LORs and new MCAT scores aren't even in yet. Nonetheless, I am really excited to check out this school since you guys have been giving glowing reviews.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thought I would contribute to this thread since I received an interview invite today! I was really surprised considering my LORs and new MCAT scores aren't even in yet. Nonetheless, I am really excited to check out this school since you guys have been giving glowing reviews.

You must have a pretty stellar application! Congratulations!

Wow, man. What's your stats, if you don't mind?

Nothing in the mail today. This sucks I'm just praying that I got overlooked on Dr. Stower's call list lol. I was on a plane all day yesterday so it would have sent him straight to vmail so I'm also hoping maybe that had something to do with it :cool:

I just got an interview invite here but I am trying to decide whether I want to accept it or not. Do the students do any abroad missionary work and what percentage of people pass comlex? Thanks!

When did you guys that received interviews this week have you file completed and get that completed file email?

Because my file was complete last week and I didn't get any interview yet so I'm wondering if I got rejected:/

I just got an interview invite here but I am trying to decide whether I want to accept it or not. Do the students do any abroad missionary work and what percentage of people pass comlex? Thanks!

Yes there is international opportunities available. They are expanding a trip to Haiti to make it larger and you can also setup international rotations for your third and fourth year. There are other opportunities as well. DCOM also holds a Remote Area Medical event that provides a mass clinic for local patients in the U.S. - it's a very missionary medicine style setup.

In comparison to a school like VCOM, who takes numerous international trips, they are not as vast and broad but they are available.

The COMLEX rates were posted a page or two back on this thread.

When did you guys that received interviews this week have you file completed and get that completed file email?

Because my file was complete last week and I didn't get any interview yet so I'm wondering if I got rejected:/

Don't fret. It took over a week to get my interview. :) I was freaking out too!

Just got back from the interview...everyone was incredibly nice and friendly. Hoping to hear good news next week. Fingers are crossed!

Just withdrew from my interview today. This school looked amazing in some of the you tube videos illustrating anatomy lectures etc. Good luck everyone.

Good luck! I'm sure you'll get good news! :thumbup:

I need someone else to cheer on Vanderbilt with! :rolleyes: Lol.

Haha, absolutely. There are so few of us ;) Although this year hasn't gone too badly!

Okay good to hear that it takes more than a week to hear back if I'll get an interview...I called Megan Mars today and she said it is currently taking 2-3 weeks to review applications!

Patience is a virtue:/

Okay good to hear that it takes more than a week to hear back if I'll get an interview...I called Megan Mars today and she said it is currently taking 2-3 weeks to review applications!

I was thinking that it would be 2-3 weeks, but your previous post made me nervous haha. My file has been complete for about 2 weeks. Glad to know I shouldn't be worried yet! :laugh:

alternate list.

Super bummed but o well. DCOM is a great school but I don't think the location fit my personality and unfortunately it probably showed during the interview.

I've been complete since mid-August and have yet to hear anything from LMU. I'm pretty sure I'm a competitive applicant, so not sure what happened. +pity+ Oh well. I guess this just goes to show you that nothing ever goes as planned. :luck:

alternate list.

Super bummed but o well. DCOM is a great school but I don't think the location fit my personality and unfortunately it probably showed during the interview.

Alternate list here too. It's all good though. I'm already accepted elsewhere.

Hey everyone,

I'm schedule for Oct 12th and I'm am SUPER ecstatic! All I've heard are rave reviews about LMU and I have a friend there that absolutely loves it.

Anyone else going to be there the same day?

For previous interviewees, any suggestions or heads up about the interview day and/or the interviewers?

Hey everyone,

I'm schedule for Oct 12th and I'm am SUPER ecstatic! All I've heard are rave reviews about LMU and I have a friend there that absolutely loves it.

For previous interviewees, any suggestions or heads up about the interview day and/or the interviewers?

Just relax and tell them what you actually think, not what you think they want to hear. It's a very laid back interview. A few people got an ethical or a situational question, however not everyone.

Good luck!! :) You'll do great.

Just relax and tell them what you actually think, not what you think they want to hear. It's a very laid back interview. A few people got an ethical or a situational question, however not everyone.

Good luck!! :) You'll do great.

Thanks Max! I've been following you on this thread and was rooting for your acceptance. Congrats! :)

Hey everyone,

I had a great experience during interview day! Everyone was very friendly and nice, and the facilities were amazing. They're very technologically advanced. You'll have the typical questions....Why do you want to be a doctor? Why osteopathic medicine? I was one of the few that had some ethical questions, but if you get those, just be completely honest. They're not looking for a particular answer. I think they just wanted to see how I would react in that kind of situation. Also, definitely go on the tour with Bob! He is the sweetest person on the planet! He told us before our interview that he prayed for each and every one of us by name. So nice! You'll really enjoy LMU-DCOM. It's a great school in a great place (if you like the small town life). Good luck!! :)

Thanks Max! I've been following you on this thread and was rooting for your acceptance. Congrats! :)

I appreciate that and I'm returning the favor!! :D I'm sure you'll do awesome at the interview.

I was sort of afraid being the youngest interviewing when I went. I'll probably be the youngest in the class. Lol. But looks like that has no bearing. :)

And yeah, Bob is the nicest man on the planet. I seriously love him. I'm gonna call him uncle Bob from now on.

So kind of freaking out about hearing back. They made a decision today, so it's done, but I'm starting to get a sinking feeling about it all. I felt good during the interview and right after, but I've wanted this for so long that it's feeling too good to be true. All day today I've felt it's a rejection/waitlist :( this entire process is torture. I love that Dr. Stowers is a big deal, but I sure do wish he had more time to make Friday calls this year so my anxiety would be less.

I've been complete since mid-August and have yet to hear anything from LMU. I'm pretty sure I'm a competitive applicant, so not sure what happened. +pity+ Oh well. I guess this just goes to show you that nothing ever goes as planned. :luck:

Same thing happened to me last year. Eventually got an interview in November, accepted soon after.

So kind of freaking out about hearing back. They made a decision today, so it's done, but I'm starting to get a sinking feeling about it all. I felt good during the interview and right after, but I've wanted this for so long that it's feeling too good to be true. All day today I've felt it's a rejection/waitlist :( this entire process is torture. I love that Dr. Stowers is a big deal, but I sure do wish he had more time to make Friday calls this year so my anxiety would be less.

You never know, he might, hang in there! LMU-DCOM or (insert school here) - wherever you end up - it's where you were meant to be! :thumbup:

I appreciate that and I'm returning the favor!! :D I'm sure you'll do awesome at the interview.

I was sort of afraid being the youngest interviewing when I went. I'll probably be the youngest in the class. Lol. But looks like that has no bearing. :)

And yeah, Bob is the nicest man on the planet. I seriously love him. I'm gonna call him uncle Bob from now on.

Haha how old are you Max? I was a little scared after my interview when I realized I was the youngest that had interviewed that day! I'm just 21, but oh well, I'm in!! :)

Haha how old are you Max? I was a little scared after my interview when I realized I was the youngest that had interviewed that day! I'm just 21, but oh well, I'm in!! :)

Me too!! :D

I had the same feeling. I thought there was no way they were going to let me in with everyone else being atleast 3 years older than me with something more than a bachelor's! Lol.

Good to know I'm not the only one that's only 21! :thumbup:

I had the same feeling. I thought there was no way they were going to let me in with everyone else being atleast 3 years older than me with something more than a bachelor's! Lol.

Being older and having experienced "the real world" - so to speak - has its merits. Being young and energetic has its merits as well!

I believe as pre-meds that we cast so much doubt and draw so many pessimistic conclusions during the application process that we would almost argue the world is flat!

You guys/girls are killing me! I was in 10-11th grade when you were born!:laugh:

I was hoping you guys would get phone calls today! Fingers still crossed for everyone!

In other news, it's calling for snow in this area tonight! Crazy! I think Harrogate is below the elevation they're expecting it but the higher elevations up to 3000-4000 feet are calling for up to a half inch.

I had a great experience during interview day! Everyone was very friendly and nice, and the facilities were amazing. They're very technologically advanced. You'll have the typical questions....Why do you want to be a doctor? Why osteopathic medicine? I was one of the few that had some ethical questions, but if you get those, just be completely honest. They're not looking for a particular answer. I think they just wanted to see how I would react in that kind of situation. Also, definitely go on the tour with Bob! He is the sweetest person on the planet! He told us before our interview that he prayed for each and every one of us by name. So nice! You'll really enjoy LMU-DCOM. It's a great school in a great place (if you like the small town life). Good luck!! :)

Thanks Gaga! I'm from a small town in the middle of the desert so I definitely can deal with the small town life. And congrats on your acceptance!

Awesome!! That definitely makes me feel better knowing that I'm not the only young'un haha. I didn't really start to think about it until after my interview was over. I'm glad they gave us the good news so soon! I would have been really stressed out if I would have had to wait a couple of weeks lol.

I was hoping you guys would get phone calls today! Fingers still crossed for everyone!

Me too, but she said the letters should hopefully go out Monday and then be here by Wednesday/Thursday. We'll see. I loved the school so much more after visiting. Fingers crossed! :love:

Thanks Gaga! I'm from a small town in the middle of the desert so I definitely can deal with the small town life. And congrats on your acceptance!

You're welcome, and that's awesome!! You're going to love LMU. I'm from a small town in the mountains in eastern KY, and I'm ready to come back to the mountains. Harrogate, TN is a really beautiful place. Thank you!! :)

Im 21 too!!! (and ive already graduated hahaha) LMU overall seemed to have younger interviewees...at NSU i felt like everyone was a lot older than me