loan help!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TheDuce

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
so i have a very unique situation where not just me but my wife and two kids will be moving with me from arizona to colorado. How do i get enough from the grad plus to cover expenses for a family?

Members don't see this ad.

Just fill out the FAFSA and when you find out how much grad plus you're eligible for you can accept all, part, or none of it.

This situation isn't unique at all. I feel misled.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I think your next step should be to contact the financial aid representative at your COP. You can only borrow up to your school's cost of attendance from the federal government. Which is calculated using projected tuition and fees + 8 months worth of living expences (You are expected to be able to employ yourself during the summer). To increase this amount, I am fairly certain that documentation of childcare expenses must be submited by the College. Otherwise, you can apply for credit-based private loans at a massive interest rate.

Reactions: 1 user
my issue is that when i talk to other grad students at other schools they pretty much say for the grad plus loans they can take out way more than whats being offered to me no problem, just very confused by it all. Im not complaining about the amount offered to me, its the fact that I can't request more.