Loans for International Students

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
A person on h1 b visa who has applied for green card....does that person fit
in the ellgible non citizen category for the private loans?

Does anybody knows this answer? any answer is apreciated:)

Members don't see this ad.

added to the above question can anyone tell me whether we can have 2 or more cosigners ,so that the huge amount can be split and does not overburden a single person :eek:

Members don't see this ad :)
imagine u get a loooong awaited admission letter..and the cosigner u had been relying upon...runs away..juz denies al of a sudden...wat do u do now?....how do i look for a new cosigner?..............any suggestions.......:scared:

imagine u get a loooong awaited admission letter..and the cosigner u had been relying upon...runs away..juz denies al of a sudden...wat do u do now?....how do i look for a new cosigner?..............any suggestions.......:scared:

I'm sorry to hear that, you should be on the phone, calling family and friends asking for help, I know it's not easy finding co-signers just like that, specially in bad economic times, do you have to have a co-signer? Are you eligible for federal loans ?

Ya..I need to have cosigner...not eligible for federal loans...I had a cosigner, but he is scared of the large amount of loans required forNYU...Dont know wat will I do...seems like I will have to leave the seat b'coz of that..lets c..me trying...

Ya..I need to have cosigner...not eligible for federal loans...I had a cosigner, but he is scared of the large amount of loans required forNYU...Dont know wat will I do...seems like I will have to leave the seat b'coz of that..lets c..me trying...

I'm so sorry to hear that, just don't give up. try to find couple of people to cosign your loan and split the amount among them.

good luck

Reactions: 1 user
I'm so sorry to hear that, just don't give up. try to find couple of people to cosign your loan and split the amount among them.

good luck
Hi
I am canadian permanent resident..got accepted in NYU...any sugesstions regarding loan..do anybody have ideas of student loans in canada too.:confused:.I search few banks..they just give line of credit.:eek:.any help...if student loans r there in US or just line of credit
thanks in advance:)

Hi guys,
I have a question for being a co-signer for a loan. Is the co-signer liable for the entire duration of the loan? or Can we change (replace) co-signer if we become permanent citizen?

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Hi guys,
I have a question for being a co-signer for a loan. Is the co-signer liable for the entire duration of the loan? or Can we change (replace) co-signer if we become permanent citizen?

Any help would be highly appreciated.
Yes you can. It is the co signer release option.
There are some requirements you'll have to stick to, but yes it is possible.

Yes you can. It is the co signer release option.
There are some requirements you'll have to stick to, but yes it is possible.
Yes, that and if you repay your monthly premium consistently for 3-4 yrs, the co-signer can be off the hook. I don't have all the details though, please look it up if you are interested.

Hello, I think that the loan problem is the biggest, because i have to find person who wants to take 200-300k from institution, because cosigner means to take money for someone else, and there is risk to pay debt whitout taking...It seems unreal for me...If someone knows the exact risk for the co-signer, please tell, because I think that, if that's not my mom, i won't find mad person for that....:D

Good Evening,
I am a Dentist in Brazil, specialized in Dental Implants, and I want to go to Denver, to live near my sister that has family there.
I want to work as a Dentist there too.
I am studying the possibilities since January and I can´t see another chance to work as Dentist, only doing the NBDE I and II, TOEFL, 2 year course in an accredited university and the licensure exam, is that true? There isn´t an easiest way to go? Can my wife, Dentist too, work as a Dental Assistant or Hygienist while i´ll be studying?

Thanks

Pedro

Members don't see this ad :)
Good Evening,
I am a Dentist in Brazil, specialized in Dental Implants, and I want to go to Denver, to live near my sister that has family there.
I am studying the possibilities since January and I can´t see another chance to work as Dentist, only doing the NBDE I and II, TOEFL, 2 year course in an accredited university and the licensure exam, is that true? There isn´t an easiest way to go? Can my wife, Dentist too, work as a Dental Assistant or Hygienist while i´ll be studying?

Thanks

Pedro

Your research results are more or less correct, it's a long process, not too many shortcuts really.

would you please specify which banks you contacted for international student loan?
thansk

Good Evening,

Thanks

Pedro
hi if u are on an F1 visa and she is on an F 2 vis she cannot work
if she is on H1 or L2 she can work with a work permit .She can work as a Da etc
all the best

all you really good people out there I really need important information..I know it sucks but if my cosigner turns down my request to cosign even after they agreed earlier(high chances)...is there any sort of dental company or private dental firm which can co-sign even on a contract basis or any really helpful trust or temple just anything which can possibly provide some help...

I know it seems difficult but I hope there are people who are working as a dentist right now and maybe reading this post as an alumni sdn members...can any you ask your dental company if they can help in any possible way ...maybe co-sign for their future employee?? ...please help!!
:xf::xf::xf::xf::xf:

hello,
I'm a ftd, can anybody tell , has it become mandatory these days to send financial stement with bank statements while applying to dental schools for advanced standing program or u need to do this after you get acceptance letter?

Does anybody here have the private loan approved without co-signer? I mean international student with F1 visa.

all you really good people out there I really need important information..I know it sucks but if my cosigner turns down my request to cosign even after they agreed earlier(high chances)...is there any sort of dental company or private dental firm which can co-sign even on a contract basis or any really helpful trust or temple just anything which can possibly provide some help...

I know it seems difficult but I hope there are people who are working as a dentist right now and maybe reading this post as an alumni sdn members...can any you ask your dental company if they can help in any possible way ...maybe co-sign for their future employee?? ...please help!!
:xf::xf::xf::xf::xf:

i agree with you headstrong...
i am in the same mess... nobody ready to co-sign me...
any information or help will be gratefully appreciated...

hey guys,
i would like to knw hw to get a loan if u dnt hv ny co signee ???? are there ny other options besides this if ur an international student wid no green card n stuff ???? m sure m not eligible for the federal loans either...so temme hw to get thru this ???

BUGSDM 2011

hey guys,
i would like to knw hw to get a loan if u dnt hv ny co signee ???? are there ny other options besides this if ur an international student wid no green card n stuff ???? m sure m not eligible for the federal loans either...so temme hw to get thru this ???

BUGSDM 2011

i am in the same boat,trying hard to find a cosigner,till now nobody has agreed.

BUGSDM 2011

Hi
good effort by aspiredent to start platform for those who has been accepted so as to discuss further process of loan and accommodation.....guys please join this group and help yourself and help others...

Click on

http://groups.google.com/group/nyudental_ap_2012

and you may have to sign in and then click on apply.

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspiredent
Hello all

Here is the link for google groups for those who have received
acceptance for NYU class of 2012

Here are the essentials:
* Group name: NYUDENTAL_AP_2012
* Group home page: http://groups.google.com/group/nyudental_ap_2012
* Group email address [email protected]

You can join the group by accessing the url above and click on the link which says Sign in and apply for membership

alternative you can send your request to become a member of the group by writing an email to [email protected]

hi dentico 123,

r the NYU admissions full for 2010? do they admit students in advance? can u pls tell me as to for which year will they interview students now?

hey guys
m looking for bank loan.m not eligible for federal loan. can anyone suggest which all bank to look into for private loan and whats the best deal u guys got so far (for interst rate).

are international students eligible for access group loans?? I mean do they qualify for federal loan?
No, if you are not a citizen or permanent resident.

Access group used to give out private loans w/out cosigner a year ago. Dont think they do it any more.

hello everyone
i m new to this forum ,i m a dentist from india and planing for dds in usa. can anyone tell me what are the chances to get a job after dds? how long does it take to repay your loan(i think in years)??

Bad credit student loan that is sponsored by the government is dispersed by the colleges and schools. The amount that could be acquired as government student loan varies dependent upon the requirement of the borrower. It is dependent upon the administration of the school and colleges.

hey guys.. thanks for all the info in this thread.. do anybody know whether there is an option of being a research assistant while we r studying DDS so that it might reduce our tution fee?? i guess courses like MPH AND MS have it??

Hey Buddy. Can anybody guide me that how F2 Visa holder can get loans here..ur help is appreciated alot!!!!!

Hi Buddy, Please suggest me how f2 visa holder can get loans here in USA. Help is appreciated alot!!!

please help me out on this one... i wish to know how many times get one give the NBDE and how to prepare for it, which guides to buy, where the question & answer bank for fifteen years are available? please help

@ George Abraham

You posted the question in the wrong thread...!!!

From 2010, If you pass part 1 in the first attempt you cannot retake it again to improve your scores....!!! But if you fail you can take it again after getting the eligibility e-mail from ADA.

All the best...!!

Hi Buddy, Please suggest me how f2 visa holder can get loans here in USA. Help is appreciated alot!!!

Is there nobody who can suggest obtaining the loans for F2 Visa holder. If anybody know about dependent obtaining loan in USA for dental studies, please post.

1- try to get a loan from your original country, this will allow you to even be considered for some kind of government help

2- instead of trying to find a co-signer, try to find a group of dentist who would co-sign or sponsor you, in exchange for future employment

3- try to get into a cheap school

if anybody has other advice on the subject.... Please let us know

How feasible it is for FTDs to get loans from india.I do have an admin.. but m having difficulties with finding a cosignee for a loan here.

i just got to knw tht maximum loan which u can get from india is just 20 lakhs at the most.... i think u shud try more in u.s
gud luck...

Good Evening,

Thanks

Pedro

Hi Pedro!
I 'm also from Brazil! ( I'm writing in English just because I think it is rude when others can't understand).
It is a long and expensive process to get a license here. But doable! I am a periodontist and will start the international program to get my DDS degree at UCLA.
I was lucky quite lucky since I started the process in January 2009 ( studying for the NDBE and stuff). And got accepted on my first try. I will start the program on July of 2010. However I have seen people spending years trying to get in..
You can email me ( I sent you my email address on a private message) and I can help you with whatever you need)

hi everyone,
m under h4 visa...ie ma husband isn a GC holder... so m really worried how ll i arrange d loan( thgh i havn takn d test yet ) ?!!! n even at d time of apllicatn to dental schools , v need to produce d proof of financial support .. arnd 200,000 $ !!!!
so can anybody plz help n answer ...?

I don't think it is mentioned anywhere to show the proof of financial support. And that too while applying for colleges it is a NO. But yes if you tsfr to F1 and go to the embassy for your stamping then you will definitely need it. You can have your any of your family friend's with GC to co sign for your loan.

All the best.

hi everyone,
m under h4 visa...ie ma husband isn a GC holder... so m really worried how ll i arrange d loan( thgh i havn takn d test yet ) ?!!! n even at d time of apllicatn to dental schools , v need to produce d proof of financial support .. arnd 200,000 $ !!!!
so can anybody plz help n answer ...?

thnx for d reply... but i was told tht way wen i called n enquired UCSF ! its too much...
btw any idea whch school accepts d maximum no of foreign students ???

Hi,
I heard that if the applicants of international program are green card holders, the school is going to provide help for loans and everything . I mean they help us in finding good bank.
Is that really true? Or we should find the bank by ourself.
Please some one reply.
Thanks in advance.

EVen I am looking for information about loans for green card holders. Share it when you come to know about.

why are you international dentists so keen on coming here??

the MARKET IS BECOMING SATURATED AND YOU WONT BE ABLE TO PAY THAT 18percent loan back...

its hard enough as it is here...

why are you international dentists so keen on coming here??

the MARKET IS BECOMING SATURATED AND YOU WONT BE ABLE TO PAY THAT 18percent loan back...

its hard enough as it is here...

Thank you for your information.
Could you tell me where you have these information about 18% loan back?
Even though I have a cosigner, shoul I pay for 18% loan back when I am accepted in dental school?