Locums jobs in Western MA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tkim

10 cc's cordrazine
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Happy with my current gig, but wondering if 'the grass is greener' working locums. I envision never working holidays and taking month-long sabbaticals during the summer, and getting beaten up during the rest of the year. Is that a reasonable thing? Anyone know of good locums companies that contract in the western MA area?

Members don't see this ad.

Don't know about western MA. I do a little bit of locums here in Texas, they're hca hospitals that are a complete disaster and are begging you to work for them, for rates that are pretty average for my area, except they'll give bonuses on top of hourly wages.

That being said, as veers and other posters have pointed out, some of these locums staffers either haven't got a clue about how much we docs are making, or they're trying to shaft you with crappy wages. They'll try to justify this with 'oh well cover travel and housing'. Right, I can stay at home with my family and work where I live for more money without having to bother with travel and living expenses...

Try to be as aggressive as you can when negotiating your rate, and if they're not flexible there, they may give you shift bonuses if they're really in a crunch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And my reasons for working locums was because I wasn't getting enough shifts at my main site, and given the current environment we work in, it's probably better to hold down two jobs in case things ever fall through at your permanent position.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk