Loma Linda Acceptance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

duke22587

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was accepted for the entry level DPT program starting June 2010. Has anyone else decided on loma linda?
I will be moving there in May/June 2010 before class starts and will be looking for a roomate. Im female looking for a female roomate. If anyone else is in a similar position let me know or even if you are just admitted since we will be classmates in the coming year!

Members don't see this ad.

Awesome! Congratulations!
When were you notified! Was it via phone or did they mail you a letter?

i was notified by email that stated I would get a letter shortly.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just found out I got accepted :) Such a relief! I'm still waiting to hear back from other schools though...are you going to LLU for sure? Is it your #1 choice?

I was accepted to Loma Linda as well. I was notified today via email - will be receiving the acceptance letter in the mail soon. I am also waiting to hear from other schools.

Those who got accepted from LLU, did you guys take the interview from LLU????

Yes, I did have an interview over the phone on Dec 6th.

bluesky543 - I interviewed on campus on Dec. 6th.

I interviewed on campus dec 6. I already accepted their offer and am definately starting june this yr. If anyone else decides to go to loma linda please let me know it would be nice to know someone beforehand.

Duke- I am going to the open house Jan 31...will you be going to that? I am still waiting to hear back from a few schools but Loma Linda is def one of my top choices! Did you apply to any other schools?

I am going to the open house too. I only applied to loma linda because I have not finished my bachelors degree yet so it was pretty much my only option and I wanted to give it a shot.

Do you guys know by when the decision(and deposit) need to be made? Or does the deadline vary with each student once they are notified with the acceptance? I called LLU today but I couldn't get anyone on the phone. I will call again tomorrow but wanted to ask here in case one of you knew.

I'm sure the deposits are all due at different times, depending on the date you were accepted. I think the acceptance letter in the mail will tell you the exact date...or you can call. I'm curious too when the deposit will be due. If you get a hold of them tomorrow can you post what they say? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
I got my letter today (is actually a packet) but I also called the Admissions office to ask about the decision deadline. I was told that I have 15 days from the day the letter(packet) is mailed to make the decision and send the deposit. Now, I wonder if I go by the postmark date or the date on the printed letter which the dates are 5 days apart.

I still haven't heard from the other schools (Chapman, Western, CSUN and CSULB) but I am going to play it safe and send my deposit to Loma Linda. This year is very competitive.

I put down my LLU deposit! I am officially going to PT school! I really liked the campus and the program seems very solid. I am still waiting to hear back from Chapman, CSULB, and CSUN....even though I still don't know which one would be my top choice :/

DPT- did you decide on sending the deposit after the open house? Are you set on llu or still waiting to decide?

I sent the deposit in after the open house. I am not completely set on LLU, even though I did like the school. I am still waiting to hear from other schools. I just wanted to play it safe and send the deposit in, in case I didn't get into other schools.

DPT2013, we applied to the same schools. As with you, I sent my deposit to LLU - I am definitely going to PT school this year. I also like LLU's campus. When I had my interview back in Dec a student gave us a tour of the campus. He took us to the new lab, the lecture halls, library, gym and dorms. The campus is beautiful. I can see myself attending that school.

I officially decided to attend LLU as well. Pretty much a no brainer for me though, as I grew up in SoCal and still live here can't beat the location. Also Loma Linda has quite a prestigious reputation in the area.

ridevryDay- thats great. it was my only choice but im very excited. I will be moving to the loma linda area before school starts do you live around there? or know anything about the area? I have been there a few times and there doesnt seem to be much close by the school. Any insight?

Duke-I love southern cal there is no place I would rather live. I am actually about 45 minutes from LLU, but hoping to be able to move closer. As far as the area, weather is absolutly perfect sun 360 days out of the year and only a couple months of hot(90-100+)
Best part is that, the ocean is only about an hour drive, the mountains about 45 minutes give or take depending on what your into, the desert a couple hours. So whatever your into there is definitely something for you.
Personally I am a avid mountain biker and a little north of LLU is some of the best riding around.
Was there anything in particular you were wondering about?

I was just wondering about the specific area around loma linda and redlands area. I am actually from orange county 10 minutes away from the beach and I love this area as well. I haven't really been to that area much. I love orange county and loma linde seems to be a much different layout. Thanks for the information.

The area definitely has a different feel than orange county. First thing would be the shear number of people, not nearly the population numbers that oc has.
Also your pretty much right on the University and Medical Center make up the majority of Loma Linda. Not much else in that city. But surrounding cities do have some pretty cool stuff to do.
But hey...it's not like we'll have much time for anything else once summer starts.

Congrats gogetter.
I am definitely anxious to get started with A&P

Hi everyone! I found out last week that I was accepted to LLU. I'm excited to meet you all in June. :) A few questions... Does the required background check cost money or is it free? Also, I got my packet in the mail on Saturday and am a bit confused about the health plan enrollment application. Is that only for if you don't have health insurance?

I will be commuting to LLU from Hemet, so if anyone lives in the Hemet/Temecula area it would be great to carpool. :)

Congrats on the acceptance Karbo.

Yes, the background check does cost money. Through the Student Services Portal you get redirected to mybackgroundcheck.com and have to purchase the package for Loma Linda, which costs $49.95. After purchasing and filling out all of your information you will hear back within a couples day of the results. All of theses entrance costs are definitely adding up for me I even have to pay out for a couple immunizations.
As far as the Health Plan goes I am under the impression that the cost of it is included in your Student Services Fees, so it would be pointless to pay for another source of health insurance because you will be paying for Loma Linda's no matter what.

Thank you so much for the info! I think you're right about the health plan, I was looking at the tuition rates eariler and it sounded like it's included. Yeah, between the deposit, background check and the TDAP shot I need things are already starting to get pricy. Better get used to it lol.

Congrats to all that got accepted. I'm still waiting for them to process my app. I got contact to verify one of my courses so I hope they will call me soon for an interview. Btw, what kind of questions do they ask? Do you have to write an essay afterward? Thanks!!

There is an essay and I believe questions are different for everyone. They ask the typical questions - why PT, why LLU and ethical questions. Be yourself and you will be fine.

Thanks ridevryday! BTW Congratulations to everyone as well!! And the countdown begins till June. Gotta say I'm pretty anxious myself.

Speaking of the financial pile on.. anyone here get their financial aid packet yet?

Last edited: