LOMA LINDA INTERVIEW & Dexterity and Case Study Test

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rubal

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I just got an email from Loma Linda University for their Dexterity and Case Study Exam. Anyone else get it. The exam is on August 19th, 2012. If anyone has done this exam before or has any experience please let me know. thanks

Good Luck to all

Members don't see this ad.

Hello,

I just got an email from Loma Linda University for their Dexterity and Case Study Exam. Anyone else get it. The exam is on August 19th, 2012. If anyone has done this exam before or has any experience please let me know. thanks

Good Luck to all

Hey I also got a call, do you know how many people got invited?

Members don't see this ad :)
Everyone who applies gets this? That's what I've read from previous posts.

Everyone who applies gets this? That's what I've read from previous posts.

I had called LLU and syndey told me that not all who applies gets invite for the test. They have 200 applicants this year and they are going to invite 80 people for 24 seats for the test and from 80 only 50 or less then 50 for the interview..

I also got one , any one knows what happens in the dexterity test ??

Even I got an invitation today...anybody from toronto or brampton attending the interview???

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey do u have any arrangement for traveling?
I have a accommodation there if you wish to join me..........

Hey guys .
Has anybody got any idea of what will be there in the test. Ur help will be really appreciated.
Thank u

I got invitation from LLU hours ago, i'm in Beirut, Lebanon.
What should we prepare for the dexterity exam? :)

even I got it today, anyone from India flying to states??? Pls let me know
Hi
I'm flying from Chennai for the dexterity test on Aug 19th.
this is such short notice, i dunno if i can get leave from my clinic. Does anyone know if they give late interview dates on request?
If not then what are u doing about accomodation

Hi ,i am from chicago got interview.looking for accomidation

Hey
I also got the invitation mail and I m from nj

Hi everyone even I got a callfrom them for dexterity interview anyone going from houston please let me know...

Hey everyone even I got a call for dexterity interview...anyone going from houston ...please let me know

Is it appropriate to have scrubs on for the dexterity test or should we have formal apparel?

I am a Indian female. I have a reservation at Lomalinda inn hotel. Any one still looking for sharing the accommodation, please PM me

I am an Indian female. I have a reservation at Lomalinda inn hotel. Any one still looking for sharing the accommodation, please PM me

i didnt know about 200 people applying and only 80 getting interview calls! thats pretty exciting! I guess I shall see all of you on the 19th. There is a concert happening at Loma Linda this weekend, so all hotels are booked. Anyways good luck to all.

See you there!

hey guys, another question for ya, what to wear for the exam? I got scrubs and formal wear. just wondering what everybody will wear?

what is this case study we have to do?????

over 100? What's the chance of getting in... 1/5. That's a ridiculous odd. It shouldn't be like that.

Well I think that if you start thinking like that LLU SD IDP program is not the right plac for you. try another school.

That's a little rude, don't you think? I'm just saying what people are thinking. I'll see you at LLU tomorrow.

over 100? What's the chance of getting in... 1/5. That's a ridiculous odd. It shouldn't be like that.

Actually those odds are pretty good, compare it to the traditional DDS program where there are usually over 2000 applicants for 95 slots at Loma Linda. I'll let you do the math..........:)

Actually those odds are pretty good, compare it to the traditional DDS program where there are usually over 2000 applicants for 95 slots at Loma Linda. I'll let you do the math..........:)

hello dr. Mitchell
I was just curious to know that till what time the school will contact us regarding the interviews.

Thanks

121 students for 24 seats... plus when i went to LLU i m completely disappointed because of location. its far away from populated area .. i think difficult to get even few patient. I think rest all dental schools are near downtown or populated area. At some point i was thinkin y LLU hav such low number student applied now i know the reason :rolleyes:..for me only reason to go for LLU is degree which matters ..:D

Any news from LLU.. I think they will start invite call after 11..

Hey guys i was called for an interview tomorrow at 8:30, i'm so glad to see Dr. Mitchel again :),
Good luck to you all :)

hello dr. Mitchell
I was just curious to know that till what time the school will contact us regarding the interviews.

Thanks

Calls are being made all day today, all interviews are projected for Tuesday and Wednesday this week. Good luck to you all :D

121 students for 24 seats... plus when i went to LLU i m completely disappointed because of location. its far away from populated area .. i think difficult to get even few patient. I think rest all dental schools are near downtown or populated area. At some point i was thinkin y LLU hav such low number student applied now i know the reason :rolleyes:..for me only reason to go for LLU is degree which matters ..:D

Any news from LLU.. I think they will start invite call after 11..

This is a common concern for some about Loma Linda, others actually prefer a more out of the way campus and downtown LA is less than an hour away when there is no traffic. As far as patients go, there are plenty, you do not need to generate any of your own patients they are all assigned to you. (You can bring your own patients into the school if you would like but it is not necessary to meet requirements). Loma LInda actually attracts more patients than a couple of the schools located in the more populated areas. We actually periodically have to shut down our new patient application process because there are more patients in the pool than we can take care of in a timely manner. Adequate patient visits have never been a problem that I have ever seen.

Hey guys i was called for an interview tomorrow at 8:30, i'm so glad to see Dr. Mitchel again :),
Good luck to you all :)

Congratulations, don't be too disappointed if you don't see me, I'm back and busy at my regular job this week. I was asked if I could help admissions with some of the interviews but my schedule would not allow it. We are opening our new patient treatment technology center on Wednesday this week and I have a lot of duties (official and unofficial) to attend to. If you're here on Wednesday after 11:00 AM stop by and take a tour of the new facility. Every senior student (including IDP's :D) will have a two week rotation through the center to treat their patients. It's very nice and a lot of work has been put into getting it ready. It is right next to the main clinic where you took your dexterity test, on the west side of the building. Dr. Mitchell