Loma Linda University HELP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
F

free123j

hay, is Loma Linda like a normal university, or the cut some dental classes for religen, and bible, and church,.. andbody has any Idea?? can Jewish student apply there too?
[email protected] THANK YOU.

Members don't see this ad.

Yes, LLU is like a normal university, and anyone can apply. However, they usually only accept those persons who can abide by their lifestyle requirements (i.e. no drinking, drugs, premarital or extramarital sex). I have also heard that there are some required chapel sessions.

Learn how to spell.

of course anyone can apply. but they definitely look at your religion and it's a big factor. never heard of any jews getting accepted there.

Members don't see this ad :)
wow, spend four years of our lives learning about scientific facts and principles and at the same time subscribe to a religion that fundamentally denounces it all. No thanks. Also, isn't denying someone based upon their religion discrimination?

oldboy said:
wow, spend four years of our lives learning about scientific facts and principles and at the same time subscribe to a religion that fundamentally denounces it all. No thanks. Also, isn't denying someone based upon their religion discrimination?

I go to LLU, but for medicine. This is a great school, and I'm so happy I went here (I'm not SDA, which is the denomination that is tied with Loma Linda. I wasn't denied admission!)

I find your comment interesting. I don't see religion denouncing science, and that doesn't happen here. I guess you can find some strains if you actively look for them, such as talks of evolution vs creationism, as can be found on ANY campus.

The only prob I've had with the school is the vegetarian food. Soy everything! But it's actually grown on me.

It's not about religion, its about aspiring to the lifestyle requirements that they put in place for their students... plus the school is not publicly funded.

the class and courses are different than other schools?? do they teach any religen and non s???

Don't they have some requirement where you have to take some religious courses as electives in dental school as well?

E. coli said:
Don't they have some requirement where you have to take some religious courses as electives in dental school as well?
Someone correct me if I'm wrong... but I hear they do have a few required religion classes, but these classes are graded on a Pass/Fail system. In other words, show up and pass.

yes they have religion class and charpal time. The religion class will require you to write papers and do some readings. i think it is pass/fail

E Z Daring said:
I go to LLU, but for medicine. This is a great school, and I'm so happy I went here (I'm not SDA, which is the denomination that is tied with Loma Linda. I wasn't denied admission!)

I find your comment interesting. I don't see religion denouncing science, and that doesn't happen here. I guess you can find some strains if you actively look for them, such as talks of evolution vs creationism, as can be found on ANY campus.

The only prob I've had with the school is the vegetarian food. Soy everything! But it's actually grown on me.

I go la sierra university. the vegetarian food made me fart whole day long.