Loma Linda University Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lebanna

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just got an invitation to interview at LLU. Has anybody interviewed there recently? Can anybody share their experience??? Any advice?

Members don't see this ad.

I hope the applications are going well for all and you've had at least one interview by now. I just wanted to write a thread to ease your minds a little about what to expect if you go on an interview at Loma Linda. I think they interview on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays...so I interviewed on a Thursday (Oct. 28th), and I will speak about it.

1) When you show up, ride the elevator to the fifth floor and check in at the door right across the hall from the elevator entrance.

2) You will be required to write a simple, one-page essay on a subject (mine was "Where do you turn during times of high pressure in your life?" and I cannot remember the other one)

3) You fill out a simple form and the lady at the desk will let you watch an iTouch video(s) of different mission trips and give you a little booklet about the different programs the school of dentistry offers.

4) If you're lucky, Dr. Hooker will come and get you for your interview. He is an amazing man and is very interesting. He teaches Neuro to D1s and will ask you some very BASIC questions...
-Why Loma Linda?
-Tell me about your faith and how it ties into your everyday life?
-He made a roadmap of my whole family because he thought my life and the adversity I overcame in life was very interesting
-Talks about classes you've taken/prereqs/DAT scores, etc... (I had a 17 and he told me it was a little low...so I'm retaking on Nov. 14th)

***The interview process is sooooo simple and laid back, so try to schedule on Thursday and get Dr. Hooker. He's also a family and marriage counselor, so he's great at dealing with these situations and making you feel more comfortable.

Setting: a small room, a simple module desk, and you and him...face-to-face...not intimidating at all!

5) After your interview (if you chose, and YOU SHOULD :), you will be given a tour of the school by a senior student (I had a D4 named Steven) and they will basically show you all the clinical layouts and classrooms, etc...)

This was the best school I've been to yet and I hope I get in there! I'm SDA so hopefully I have a decent shot. Anyways, just wanted to share some information with you all since you're non-stop in sharing with everyone else! Best of luck and happy interviewing! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

-from another post of mine...best of luck to you!!!

be prepared to open up and talk about your spiritual life, development, and family

i was really surprised that there was no group of applicants waiting together. i was the only one predent in the admissions office from 1 to 2.30

Members don't see this ad :)
be prepared to open up and talk about your spiritual life, development, and family

i was really surprised that there was no group of applicants waiting together. i was the only one predent in the admissions office from 1 to 2.30

It's probably because you didn't attend a group session.

I had my interview at 9 in the morning and I was also the only person in the admissions office. It was a very short session indeed.

I loved the school first of all, and I'm not SDA. But for me to spend $500 to get there and back I felt like the time I spent on campus was not enough. Interview at 10:30 am and I was gone at noon after the tour. No financial aide presentation, every school presents this so you know how much to plan on for loans, cost of living in the area etc., no lunch, didn't get to meet the dean, (I know he/she is busy at every school but as most schools say you have to invest in them as well, and I love meeting the Deans). Comparing my stay with the other schools, and simply based upon the interview day schedule itself, not the interview, which was awesome, it was the worst. The people were great, but the treatment on interview day to me is important and my decision is based a lot on how the day goes.

500$$$????? Holy...... How did it get that much? It was very short. I agree. Good thing i live close by.