loma linda

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nbde2

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
loma linda directory in CAAPID says:

Send mark sheets directly to program (not to ADEA CAAPID) when submitting the ADEA CAAPID application

can pls somebody tell which mark sheets are to be sent ??

Members don't see this ad.

loma linda directory in CAAPID says:

Send mark sheets directly to program (not to ADEA CAAPID) when submitting the ADEA CAAPID application

can pls somebody tell which mark sheets are to be sent ??
your transcript from your school the subjects that you studied and the scores you got good luck

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone,
Can anybody share the bench test material and experience?
Thanks in anticipation.

Hi everyone,
Thanks in anticipation.

The bench exam consists of 3 or 4 preparations on a Columbia Dentoform typodont that is mounted on a mannequin. Preparations are a mix of crown preparations and Cl II alloy preparations. The exam is 4 hours in length and you can bring your own burs, instruments etc. although a standard setup is provided. The teeth #'s, surfaces and type of crowns preparations are not announced until the start of the exam. If you have any questions, just pm me and I'll do my best to answer them. Dr. Mitchell

Can someone please let me know if we need to use CAAPID to apply to LLU? coz there is an online application available on their website n I couldn't find info suggesting the international applicants to use CAAPID.

Thanks

Hi everyone,
Thanks in anticipation.

I remember that day very well, we wore gowns, eye wear, mask. They gave us a an operative cassette and hand pieces, they had burs, I was careful and tested mine and it actually troubleshooted, I didn't freak out :p, I simply asked for a replacement. I brought my own burs, and some sharp hand instruments of my own.
Wear the right glove size, you don't want it to be too tight and cut circulation or too loose and slip away... hum, never mind ;)

Start time!
Everybody was nervous... I kept it cool and started by creating outlines for my preps, everyone has their own technique, so please don't ask me how I do that... it has become like an instinct.
The vapor was forming on my eye protection, so I adjusted the mouth mask in order to prevent that.
Hand instruments were quite handy... they provide a clean cut.
Time management is essential, don't get carried away with your work on one tooth.
If you are tired, take a 5 min break and then get back concentrated.

Everybody is friendly and will help you!

When I helped in the second interview, I have noticed some mistakes people were doing:

I have seen preps on the wrong tooth
Preps that are distal instead of mesial.
Preps that were very conservative
People who got unnecessarily creative... Do exactly what you have been told, I have made a similar mistake in another past interview.
Preps that were very extensive, munchkin preps with almost less than 3mm of the tooth left!!!
People who didn't manage their time well

Some students got nervous and they started bossing us, I got to say that pathologies only show up under pressure, try to show how much integrity you have... no one wants future classmates who are without manners!

People who freaked out while working! why? it is just an interview, relax and show us your best! and if something goes wrong, so what? be optimistic!

I personally recommend Schillinberg atlas for crown preps. As for amalgams, my personal advise is to stick to board criteria.

Guys if you got that far to an interview invitation, I think you are smart enough and did your research about things, you don't need to be spoon fed like babies, right :)
I know it is a critical step in your lives, but information is out there...

You are all dentists after all and you should know how to work your magic on that little tooth shaped acrylic, good luck :luck:

My two cents

Can someone please let me know if we need to use CAAPID to apply to LLU? coz there is an online application available on their website n I couldn't find info suggesting the international applicants to use CAAPID.

Thanks

I called them a couple of days ago and they said that they are not participating in CAAPID this time. SO, you may have to apply through their web site.

LLU is asking for ORIGINAL MARKSHHEETS & TRANSCRIPTS to send directly by registrar of examination .............. they do not accept notarized certificates ....... How r u people arranging for d papers ????

LLU is asking for ORIGINAL MARKSHHEETS & TRANSCRIPTS to send directly by registrar of examination .............. they do not accept notarized certificates ....... How r u people arranging for d papers ????
does that mean transcripts should be send directly from our dental school, if not plz answer me asap.... thx.

I called them a couple of days ago and they said that they are not participating in CAAPID this time. SO, you may have to apply through their web site.

yes they are participating, they're on the caapid list and also i called them and they said u have to do both, the caapid and their application.
it's for sure bc i called to ask about the rec letters section on their online applic and they said if i already submitted them to caaapid i don't need to put them in there as well.

Members don't see this ad :)
I called loma linda month ago they told me they are not participating to caapid this year

Do you mean i have to contact my homeland university and ask them to send my transcript directly to lomalinda dental department .

That is correct, it does not have to be the actual transcript, it can be a copy that is attested by your university's registrar. It also must be sent "school to school" or directly from your university to Loma Linda. And also it does need to come from your dental schools umbrella university, not just from your dental school.

That is correct, it does not have to be the actual transcript, it can be a copy that is attested by your university's registrar. It also must be sent "school to school" or directly from your university to Loma Linda. And also it does need to come from your dental schools umbrella university, not just from your dental school.
thx LLUProf ...

Will Loma Linda provide gloves,mask,hand instruments,handpiece and burs for the bench test?

they probably will since they didn't mention anything in the invitation letter about bringing your own instruments.

they probably will since they didn't mention anything in the invitation letter about bringing your own instruments.

hi, does it mean that you received an interview invitation from LLU for class entering in 2010?

ya my friend i just got one today

Hello damas could you please let us know interview dates?

it's sept 13, 14 , 15 and16. its a four days proccess. all the letter says is that the first day is the bench test and then the next three days for the interviews that you can only do if you pass the bench.

Was this a phone call or mail invitation ?

Thanks

it was regular mail. i'm on the east coast so i don't think i'm the first one to receive it. guys who ever got a letter plz post.

its not about stats my friend. if you have part 1 and 2 and a complete application they will send you an invitation. by the way the letter is dated aug 21 so it was sent two days ago (if we don't count sunday) so be patient.

So they send interview invitation to all of them whose application is complete ?

i think so, at least this is what students in the program told me. Did you get an email earlier that your application is complete and ready for review?

I got the interview letter as well and now i;m freaking out bc i'm not in the states. So everyone is having the interview on the same dates? I can't reschedule then? :-((

hi guys, congrats to all who receive a call from llu, i too received an invitation today, dexterity test on sept 13th and then they will notify with a call if they want me to come on 14th, 15th , 16th.........do they have any other date scheduled for an interview or all applicants will be on the same day for bench exam?

i think everyone is on the same dates.

Thank you for your post. Can you also tell us what kind of questions they ask in the personal interview and why they require so many days of it?
From what I remember from the letter if you pass the first day ( clinical) then you have to do personal interviews the next 3 days - of is it that you MAY be called on ONE of those days they list? It wasn't clear in the letter ( but I also haven't seen it with my own eyes, my husband read it to me on the phone).
I'd really appreciate any info you can give me so I know what to expect. I'm really :scared:, it's my first interview.

I remember that day very well, we wore gowns, eye wear, mask. They gave us a an operative cassette and hand pieces, they had burs, I was careful and tested mine and it actually troubleshooted, I didn't freak out :p, I simply asked for a replacement. I brought my own burs, and some sharp hand instruments of my own.
Wear the right glove size, you don't want it to be too tight and cut circulation or too loose and slip away... hum, never mind ;)

Start time!
Everybody was nervous... I kept it cool and started by creating outlines for my preps, everyone has their own technique, so please don't ask me how I do that... it has become like an instinct.
The vapor was forming on my eye protection, so I adjusted the mouth mask in order to prevent that.
Hand instruments were quite handy... they provide a clean cut.
Time management is essential, don't get carried away with your work on one tooth.
If you are tired, take a 5 min break and then get back concentrated.

Everybody is friendly and will help you!

When I helped in the second interview, I have noticed some mistakes people were doing:

I have seen preps on the wrong tooth
Preps that are distal instead of mesial.
Preps that were very conservative
People who got unnecessarily creative... Do exactly what you have been told, I have made a similar mistake in another past interview.
Preps that were very extensive, munchkin preps with almost less than 3mm of the tooth left!!!
People who didn't manage their time well

Some students got nervous and they started bossing us, I got to say that pathologies only show up under pressure, try to show how much integrity you have... no one wants future classmates who are without manners!

People who freaked out while working! why? it is just an interview, relax and show us your best! and if something goes wrong, so what? be optimistic!

I personally recommend Schillinberg atlas for crown preps. As for amalgams, my personal advise is to stick to board criteria.

Guys if you got that far to an interview invitation, I think you are smart enough and did your research about things, you don't need to be spoon fed like babies, right :)
I know it is a critical step in your lives, but information is out there...

You are all dentists after all and you should know how to work your magic on that little tooth shaped acrylic, good luck :luck:

My two cents

Hi,
Congratulations to all who received interview call from llu, and good luck to all who r all waiting. I too received invitation for sep 13th.

IS anybody going there from chicago? Pls pm me if you want to share accomadation and travel plans.

Thanks.

hii guys...
i too got my invitation letter today n i too have the same confusion bout what to bring in for the bench exam..what would it be like...the dates r d same 13th-16th.. and i am in NJ ..anybody willing to share accommodation or travel? do inform asap...
this is my first interview and i dont kno how to prepare and what to expect..anybody willing to help? :confused:

Thank you for your post. Can you also tell us what kind of questions they ask in the personal interview and why they require so many days of it?
From what I remember from the letter if you pass the first day ( clinical) then you have to do personal interviews the next 3 days - of is it that you MAY be called on ONE of those days they list? It wasn't clear in the letter ( but I also haven't seen it with my own eyes, my husband read it to me on the phone).
I'd really appreciate any info you can give me so I know what to expect. I'm really :scared:, it's my first interview.

It wasn't like that in my interview, maybe they have had some changes in the process of personal interviews.
Ask Dr.Mitchel about that one, you can ask him about anything except helping you with sutures hehe

Hey, good luck everybody... it is just an interview, be yourself!

Last edited:
I too got an interview invitation letter today. Good Luck everyone !

COngratulations everyone

Last edited:
hi congrats to everyone who got interview calls....
I too got call...does anyone know about how many seats they have and how many people are going to be interviewed....do they ask partial crowns and cast gold preps too...
anyone plz help me out....:confused::confused:

I am also invited for the dexterity exam at llu. Good luck to all.

hi congrats to everyone who got interview calls....
I too got call...does anyone know about how many seats they have and how many people are going to be interviewed....do they ask partial crowns and cast gold preps too...
anyone plz help me out....:confused::confused:
I also need to know the same thing how many are generally called for how many seats? I guess the bench test is very competitive and the results are based on performance of bench tests solely, at least that's what i read from previous threads on LLU.Good luck.

I also need to know the same thing how many are generally called for how many seats? I guess the bench test is very competitive and the results are based on performance of bench tests solely, at least that's what i read from previous threads on LLU.Good luck.

hi harvestmoon,

Do you have any idea of what all kind of preprations have been asked in the past exams. thanks

jsk,this is what I read on these forums not from my personal knowledge.....they usually decide the preps on the day of the exam and its never the same every year so its better to know all the preps on diff teeth.:thumbup:

How is everyone preparing for this? Do you think working with a micromotor / contra-angle is OK or is it much different than a HISpeed on their acrylic teeth?

I too got iv call from LLU. I don't know what to prepare and how to?
can anyone plz help me regarding.
They told that they are expecting 80-100 members on the day of interview for 24 seats.
thanks.

Who told you about the 80 to 100 number ?

Thanks

Hi,
Congratulations to all who received interview call from llu, and good luck to all who r all waiting. I too received invitation for sep 13th.

IS anybody going there from chicago? Pls pm me if you want to share accomadation and travel plans.

Thanks.
I am willing to shre accomdoation at LLu. If you are interested pleases
e mail me [email protected], or on dentistry.
I am female from canada coming 0n 12th to lax airport.