loma linda

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congrats to everyone who got a call, I am also attending an interview on September 13.

Members don't see this ad.

is nthere any case study. case scenario exercise, does anyone got chance to speak with dr. Mitchell.

count me in too....also got a call for interview

Members don't see this ad :)
hey any one would like to share at llu accommodation plz pm . i'm an indian female.

do anybody know what is the type of manikin they use in llu. thanks.

To answer a few more questions

1. If you pass the bench exam/case study portion on September 13th, you will be invited for an interview. Due to the volume of applicants the interviews will be spread over 3 days, each applicant invited for an interview will receive a time slot for 1 of those days, not all 3.

2. The bench exam is very competitive, it is not the sole factor in determining acceptance into the program but it is a major one.

3. No partial coverage preps for the bench exam, crown preps will be PFM and/or FGC

4. Mannequin is just a chrome head that the Columbia Dentoform typodont mounts to and the whole assembly is mounted to the dental chair.

Good luck to all taking the exam, I'll see you there. Dr. Mitchell

what is case study. do we get pt. history and xrays and have to make diagnosis and treatment plan or do we have to analyse the case and do the preps . it will be very helpful dr. Mitchell if you can just give some hints what o prepare in case study. do we should read theory .
thanks.

How is everyone preparing for this? Do you think working with a micromotor / contra-angle is OK or is it much different than a HISpeed on their acrylic teeth?

Does anyone know the answer to this question?:confused:

what is case study. do we get pt. history and xrays and have to make diagnosis and treatment plan or do we have to analyse the case and do the preps . it will be very helpful dr. Mitchell if you can just give some hints what o prepare in case study. do we should read theory .
thanks.

The case study will be much closer to your first scenario than the second scenario. It will be a paper based exam.

Does anyone know the answer to this question?:confused:

You will need high speed on Acrylic teeth, low speed just doesn't do enough. Be careful though, It does cut it like butter.

I think the most important is to have a visual imagination of what the prep is like, and then applying this vision on the actual tooth.

My advise, use hand instruments whenever you can, it is safer.

The case study will be much closer to your first scenario than the second scenario. It will be a paper based exam.
so it sounds that most likely part 2 2nd day exam . where the case scenario given and related to that 14-15 questions is related to that case.
Is i am sounding right.it is better to brush up the theory once.
Thanks doctor

HI, i am a male student. comming for the dexterity test on 13 to llu. i will be arriving on losangeles on 12th . i am looking for shared acoomodation. if any one is interested. please let me know mail me at [email protected]

Members don't see this ad :)
HI, i am a male student. comming for the dexterity test on 13 to llu. i will be arriving on losangeles on 12th . i am looking for shared acoomodation. if any one is interested. please let me know mail me at [email protected]

If you are only going to the LLU interview, I suggest you go to Ontario airport which is only 20 min drive instead of LAX (Los Angeles) which is more than an hour drive besides getting stuck on the 10 highway, unless if you want to do some tourism in L.A =)

I flew from Toronto to Ontario airport for my interview 2 years ago, then I paid like 20$ for a shuttle to take me to Loma Linda where I booked a room in the Loma Linda Inn. You can rent a car from Enterprise, they have an office about a mile away from school and they do pickups for costumers.

Doing this will make things much easier for all of you guys.

Good luck!

^ Thank you Samyred for all the info.:thumbup:

Hi guys, I too am invited for the interview on sep 13th. I am from east coast, and I recievd a letter yesterday.
Anyone willing to share accomaodation, I am an indian female..Plz pm me.
Does anyone know how can we get the typhodont teeth in such a short time and practice.?
See all of u guys on 13th, and all the best to everyone..

thank you sami red. i live in san jose and i will use the grey hound bus service to get to la. i do not know wether it takes me over ontario. but thaks for the info regarding the hotel.

icon1.gif
llu interview sep 13 2009
Hi guys, I too am invited for the interview on sep 13th. I am from east coast, and I recievd a letter yesterday.
Does anyone know how can we get the typhodont teeth in such a short time and practice.?
See all of u guys on 13th, and all the best to everyone

hi vidya, if you have a dental school nearby you can get them in the student store. if you do not have one close by. you can find some thing on e bay. i have purchased few teeth from some Race kid. they were inexpensive and ill serve the purpose.

Thanks nelloredentist

Can u plz tell me did u have the handpiece or u bought it from ebay too?
Or did u borrow it from someone

Thanks nelloredentist

Can u plz tell me did u have the handpiece or u bought it from ebay too?
Or did u borrow it from someone

hi, vidya. i have purchased a hand piece online a long time back. well the only thing i remember now is it was sent from florida. sorry i couldnt be of any help to you on this.

so it sounds that most likely part 2 2nd day exam . where the case scenario given and related to that 14-15 questions is related to that case.
Is i am sounding right.it is better to brush up the theory once.
Thanks doctor
I do not know the exact format of the case study, another doctor is preparing that portion of the exam, how many questions or their exact format I do not know. Half of the applicants will take the practical exam in the morning, the other half will be taking the case study section. In the afternoon the groups will switch so the all the testing will be completed in 1 day.

I do not know the exact format of the case study, another doctor is preparing that portion of the exam, how many questions or their exact format I do not know. Half of the applicants will take the practical exam in the morning, the other half will be taking the case study section. In the afternoon the groups will switch so the all the testing will be completed in 1 day.
Thank you very much doctor. your small hints make differance. As they lower down the anxiety.
You are really very helpful.

Thanks for the information doctor.

I got an interview letter for Sept 13, anybody willing to share accommodation please let me know, thanks!

Hi,
I got interview call letter from LLU today & it will be on 13th september. Good Luck all guys who got call letter & who is waiting for invitation.
I m little bit nervous regarding bench test. Can you tell me guys something about test, I really don't have any idea how to prepare for this exam. Plz give ur suggestion.
Thanks.

I've got an invitation to the LLU bench exam as well. Good Luck everybody:xf:.

Dr. Mitchell, do we get to choose between high speed and low speed in the exam? Are there any hand instruments provided?

Thanks for your help.

I've got an invitation to the LLU bench exam as well. Good Luck everybody:xf:.

Dr. Mitchell, do we get to choose between high speed and low speed in the exam? Are there any hand instruments provided?

Thanks for your help.

Guys, you keep asking the same questions over and over, yes, they will give you everything, highspeed/lowspeed/operative cassette...etc
But you are always free to bring whatever you feel will make you work better

Hey Samyred,

Are we required to make retentive grooves in the proximal box for cl2 preps

hi!!! i'm a dentist from Venezuela, female, right now living in Houston. I' will share accomodation please call me soon 713- 7328460 or 832-2923412 my cel....

icon1.gif
llu interview sep 13 2009
See all of u guys on 13th, and all the best to everyone

hi vidya, if you have a dental school nearby you can get them in the student store. if you do not have one close by. you can find some thing on e bay. i have purchased few teeth from some Race kid. they were inexpensive and ill serve the purpose.

hi vidya, my name is rosario I'll go to interview too...interested share accomodation loma linda inn..please e-mail me soon [email protected] cel number is 713-7328460

Hi,

everyone..... anybody interested in sharing accomodation in lomalinda.. i m looking for some male

See all of u guys on 13th, and all the best to everyone..

hi, I am interested in sharing accommodation............if you are interested please email at [email protected]

Guys, you keep asking the same questions over and over, yes, they will give you everything, highspeed/lowspeed/operative cassette...etc
But you are always free to bring whatever you feel will make you work better

Hey man,

Thanks for your patience and your help;)

Dr. Mitchell, I saw your post only after I sent you the PM...
Sorry for bothering you and thank you for all your help.:)

Among the numerous questions I have been asked, there was one about if there is water in the handpieces.
You can turn water on and off by using the switch located on the pedal (blue dot is water, and opposite side is dry), I recommend keeping things dry because whatever you prep will become dust and easy to remove with some air blow.

As for the case thing, I think they just started this kind of stuff this year, therefore no one knows about it...

My personal feeling is it maybe very simple, not as complicated as the cases in part II. Probably to see who is a memorizing robot, and who actually has some logical independent thinking.

I could be wrong, but it is just my gut feeling.

Relax guys, enjoy California and happy interviewing.

For some humor, here are some confidence builders for dates, might work for the interview hehe

Thank you so much samyred!you and Dr Mitchell have been so patient in answering our questions.Thanks

is there a dress code during the day of the practical? what do you recommened?

Hi is there anyone going to LLU for IDP Interview from NYC?? I am from Nepal. Did any other Nepali Dentist get an IV call from LLU??...
How are the case study test???...any idea???...is it like NBDE part 2 day 2 or something different???......I am new to SDN...plz help me...

I would be thankful if someone would inform about the dress for Dexterity test.....do we need to carry our own labcoat???...

I would be thankful if someone would inform about the dress for Dexterity test.....do we need to carry our own labcoat???...

All students I've seen here for this exam dress professionally, many wear suits, although shirt and tie is appropriate. There is no dress code, but as I said, you do want to look professional. Disposable gowns will be provided for the test. Make sure you read this entire thread as it will answer many of your questions.

Also regarding the case study portion of the exam, I do know that it is not in a multiple choice answer format.

All students I've seen here for this exam dress professionally, many wear suits, although shirt and tie is appropriate. There is no dress code, but as I said, you do want to look professional. Disposable gowns will be provided for the test. Make sure you read this entire thread as it will answer many of your questions.

Also regarding the case study portion of the exam, I do know that it is not in a multiple choice answer format.

Thank You Dr. Mitchell.........

Thank you Dr. Mitchell....

Thank u Dr.Mitchel.
If the case study exam is not in multiple choice format, then is it in fill in the blanks or essay format?:confused:

Thank u Dr.Mitchel.
If the case study exam is not in multiple choice format, then is it in fill in the blanks or essay format?:confused:
Since another doctor is preparing that exam, I am not sure what the exact format is, I was just told it was not multiple choice.

Thanks Dr. Mitchell. You are so helpful. I wish to thanks to Samyred.

Hey Samyred,

Are we required to make retentive grooves in the proximal box for cl2 preps

My "personal opinion", this is something minor compared to other criteria, but if you can do it "right", it would be nice.

One more thing, don't press too much on the teeth when going "dry" high speed, tooth might burn a little and become brown in the area of friction.

Anyone from new jersey?if there is someone flying from newark liberty to Ontario airportmessage me.we can go together.