Long Island Jobs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LIGas

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Could someone comment on the job opportunities and groups on Long Island. I know NAPA is prominent in Nassau County. Would doing a fellowship help one in obtaining a desireable private practice spot? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

do you know how long you wouuld have to work to have any semblance of a fair shake in long island? like 9 years.. go to south dakota youll be retired in nine years.

do you know how long you wouuld have to work to have any semblance of a fair shake in long island? like 9 years.. go to south dakota youll be retired in nine years.

This is pretty accurate.

The deal NAPA is offering of late is 5 years to junior partnership, $180K first year, climbs by 15K/yr or so. Top out at around $400K. You will never be a senior parter. You will never see the books. They are favoring fellowship trained people (cardiac, peds), and are considering ending junior partnership offers, and hiring only salaried employees. Having said all this, the folks we know who work for NAPA are pretty happy.

Members don't see this ad :)
This is pretty accurate.

The deal NAPA is offering of late is 5 years to junior partnership, $180K first year, climbs by 15K/yr or so. Top out at around $400K. You will never be a senior parter. You will never see the books. They are favoring fellowship trained people (cardiac, peds), and are considering ending junior partnership offers, and hiring only salaried employees. Having said all this, the folks we know who work for NAPA are pretty happy.

180k in Long Island is nothing. I wouldn't take it. I wouldn't take it anywhere really.

That's my plan, plus a mansion cost's about 55,000 in good ole SD. Don't tell anyone though, it's my secret