Long Island University Fall 2012 Admission

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did anyone receive any offers of acceptance from LIU yet? I inteviewed in beginning February but haven't heard anything from them. All the other schools I interviewed at I heard from within 2 weeks after I interviewed. I need to decide and put my deposit in for some schools soon so it would be nice to know where I stand with LIU.

Members don't see this ad.

Did anyone receive any offers of acceptance from LIU yet? I inteviewed in beginning February but haven't heard anything from them. All the other schools I interviewed at I heard from within 2 weeks after I interviewed. I need to decide and put my deposit in for some schools soon so it would be nice to know where I stand with LIU.

one of my friend told me that they start sending out acceptance later in beginning of May (which really sucks..)....

You dont get to hear anything until end of April beginning of May because they don't have rolling admissions. They wait to interview all people first and then decide at the end. This is a fact not even an opinion.

Members don't see this ad :)
You dont get to hear anything until end of April beginning of May because they don't have rolling admissions. They wait to interview all people first and then decide at the end. This is a fact not even an opinion.

It is rare to see a pharmacy school that doesn't do rolling admissions. I jut got out of my interview today and I felt like I totally blew the interview. :( I was so nervous that even the lady who coordinated the interview noticed. This is my first choice and i really want to get in. My interview didn't go so well. I want to cry. I am a transfer student so I am already at a disadvantage compare to the other LIU students that were interview with me. I hope I get in!!!:xf:

Just to double check.... is LIU ending their interviews by the end of March? Because I have a friend who applied but didn't get an interview invitation yet? Does it mean that she won't be considered at this point?

What do you guys think:

If your application doesn't stand a chance, the school sends out reject letters immediately...True? False?

Re-phrased, do they send out the rejects first?

If no invite for interview....waitlisted, then?

I had my interview yesterday. I had been told by the front lady that no letters will be sent out until the end of April or beginning of May. She even said "Please don't call us before end of April." Then I was also told once again by the interviewers not to call LIU before end of April because no one receives any letters before that time.

I thought my interview went pretty well. But it was pretty long, around 50 minutes or an hour because we went out of the topic a lot !

Just to double check.... is LIU ending their interviews by the end of March? Because I have a friend who applied but didn't get an interview invitation yet? Does it mean that she won't be considered at this point?

as far as i know..yes they stop interviewing in April.

Long wait untill end of april....

Last edited:
I was just curious, What is the PCAT score do LIU looks for? on pharmcas, it said 380? what does that mean? What was the average GPA they look for? let me know?

I just check the LIU interview registration site and it seems like they opened new interview dates in April. Is this true? Can anyone confirm this or know anything about this? Are they doing one last interview before they send out acceptance letters.

Please I have a friend who still didn't get an interview and really wants to come here. Any reply is appreciated. Thanks!

Hey!
has anyone heard from LIU as yet?

the wai is soo long!!:confused::scared:

Members don't see this ad :)
does anyone know if you have to send a transcript directly to liu admissions office if you are an transfer student from other university?

They will send decision letters on this week?

Does anybody know when they send decision letter?

Or average Pcat score?

I got into two sch and still remain interview but I really want to stay NY city. ;(

I think my chance to get in is unlikely.. becuz of I'm transfer student and lots of ppl want to come ny city.

Also my interview didn't go well :(

Hoping a miracle will happen :xf:

No I'm annoyed you didn't get anything lol. I'm waiting for the mailman i'll let you know!

Got mail, just nothing from LIU :( I guess we'll have to wait til Monday..

I guess we'll have to wait til then. Monday just seems so long from now...

Everyday I check my mailbox, my heart starts beating rapidly hoping to see an Envelope from LIU but no luck yet.....Can't wait till i see something from LIU in my mailbox.....

I feel you bro. I saw something from LIU the other day and my heart dropped then I realized it was a bill LOL! besides, it should be from the arnold and marie schwartz college of pharmacy.

Regardless, I don't think the office is open on Sundays so we still have to wait til Monday, email or not! :(

Really? My heart will burst everytime I check mail box.....

Really? My heart will burst everytime I check mail box.....

Dont get ur hopes high. Called in, they said theyre sending it out today..

Maybe they're lying. One guy said he's not allowed to tell, someone said it's goinf out today, n students are saying someone said it was sent out saturday. No idea anymore. Just have to wait :(

Maybe they're lying. One guy said he's not allowed to tell, someone said it's goinf out today, n students are saying someone said it was sent out saturday. No idea anymore. Just have to wait :(

hahaha thats ridiculous....

Ugh!!!!!! Thanks though! I wonder if we'll get it tom. Def wednesday hopefully!

Maybe, today?

I wanna go to church for pray..

LOL go pray! Hopefully we get it today!! Post updates, people!

Got mail nothing from them. Maybe they sent it late yesterday so it was sent early today. Should get it tom or thurs