Long Island University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hollyjay

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Did anyone apply to Long iSLAND university three year program in ny?

Members don't see this ad.

Yes, I did. Did you hear anything from them? I never even got a confirmation email saying they've recieved all my documents. =/

i dont think they even sent those out saying they received everything. just call the department.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just got an interview invitation for LIU Brooklyn.

I actually forgot I applied there because I didn't realize when I clicked their box on OTCAS that it was a combined BS-MOT program and I have a undergrad degree.

Couple question...
Do you know if I can start at the professional phase?
The ratings on student review and Cappex for undergrad stuff are really bad...do you know anyone in the program who has positive things to say about it?
Anyone planning on going there?

I just got an interview invitation for LIU Brooklyn.

I actually forgot I applied there because I didn't realize when I clicked their box on OTCAS that it was a combined BS-MOT program and I have a undergrad degree.

Couple question...
Do you know if I can start at the professional phase?
The ratings on student review and Cappex for undergrad stuff are really bad...do you know anyone in the program who has positive things to say about it?
Anyone planning on going there?

Affa I actually just met a girl from there. All she had to say about it was that it was competitive. She was doing her fieldwork I and didn't seem happy or unhappy (might be her personality though- only talked for 10min). However she did say that even though it's bs/ms the program was only 2.5 years so really not much longer than most. And apparently they have 3 fieldwork.

Affa I actually just met a girl from there. All she had to say about it was that it was competitive. She was doing her fieldwork I and didn't seem happy or unhappy (might be her personality though- only talked for 10min). However she did say that even though it's bs/ms the program was only 2.5 years so really not much longer than most. And apparently they have 3 fieldwork.

Thanks, Karine,
I am actually considering flying out there last minute from Hawaii for the interview. I was planning on going to a school in Philly, which is a great town and all but I have wanted an excuse top live in NY for a really long time!

I left a message asking if they would do a skype interview, so we will see.

If you see the lady you met who goes there would you be willing to ask her if she would be willing to talk to me for a few minutes?

Thanks, Karine,
I am actually considering flying out there last minute from Hawaii for the interview. I was planning on going to a school in Philly, which is a great town and all but I have wanted an excuse top live in NY for a really long time!

I left a message asking if they would do a skype interview, so we will see.

If you see the lady you met who goes there would you be willing to ask her if she would be willing to talk to me for a few minutes?

Sure, I saw her at my volunteer site so if she's there next Monday I'll ask her. You want me to give her your email or the other way around? Worse case- Philly is only 2hrs from NY :)

i hope you they can do the interview via skype! that would be a long way to travel! good luck :)

i hope you they can do the interview via skype! that would be a long way to travel! good luck :)

Yup, I'm doing a phone interview tomorrow!

You were accepted, right? Would you be willing to tell me your writing prompt and the questions they asked? Maybe I would get the same ones and I would be able to have a much less stressful interview tomorrow. Who can write a decent paper in 30 minutes? If you feel more comfortable you could send me a private message.

Mahalo!

Has anyone gotten a letter of acceptance yet? I had my interview 2 weeks ago and I was sure they would be sent out by now.

i was accepted back in march interviewed in feb and havent gotten anything i found out when i emailed by interview person. i called admisions and they havent even changed my status yet so idk what they are waiting for unless they send out the list at the very end

Oh ok thank you .... Should I email her too ? Because I need to sign up for a Clep exam for the program and I only want to do so if I know I'm deffinately accepted . Can you also send me the email address if you still have it please. Thank you !

Has anyone gotten a letter of acceptance yet? I had my interview 2 weeks ago and I was sure they would be sent out by now.

During my phone interview last week I was told I can call the end of this week to find out if I was accepted.

UPDATE: I called 3 times and left a message. No one ever returned my phone call, I assume I wasn't accepted but not letting me know either way sure does not speak very highly of the program.

Last edited:
i was told by my interviewer to shoot her an email after two weeks instead of waiting for admissions. just look your interviewer up on their website all the names are on there and their emails because i think multiple people are doing interviews.