Long island university

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
All I got from them was a "Your application is still under review" email a few weeks back. As a current student in the school taking pre-reqs, yeah I can say this school isn't exactly the coziest. My professors in some classes constantly complain about no working AC and I even had professor cancel class twice while he was using a power point presentation, the power to that classroom suddenly cut off. The email told me that this school interviews can last till as long as mid-summer, and that is definitely true because one of my distant relatives who graduated Pharm from LIU 2 years ago actually received the notice of acceptance 2 weeks before classes started and interview sometime late May? not sure.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Would you happen to know if the pharmacy program is full now in its roster for accepted students? Bc I know they prefer their own LIU students vs. Transfers. I don't know if I should call them up and ask about my admissions status. Thanks.
This is the first paragraph from the email they sent me
"On behalf of the Admissions Committee, I am writing to inform you that you have been placed on the wait list for entry into the Doctor of Pharmacy professional program (third year) at the Arnold & Marie Schwartz College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences for the 2014 fall semester. Being placed on a wait list means that the Admissions Committee has reviewed your application and determined that you meet the admissions requirements for the program but unfortunately the incoming class has already been filled. "

Some guy in one of my classes said that his application is still under review and they will give last minute interviews during the summer. He's definitely going to Touro though so if he does get an interview he's going to decline. There's still the chance that some people will give up their seats so don't lose hope.

This is the first paragraph from the email they sent me
"On behalf of the Admissions Committee, I am writing to inform you that you have been placed on the wait list for entry into the Doctor of Pharmacy professional program (third year) at the Arnold & Marie Schwartz College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences for the 2014 fall semester. Being placed on a wait list means that the Admissions Committee has reviewed your application and determined that you meet the admissions requirements for the program but unfortunately the incoming class has already been filled. "

Some guy in one of my classes said that his application is still under review and they will give last minute interviews during the summer. He's definitely going to Touro though so if he does get an interview he's going to decline. There's still the chance that some people will give up their seats so don't lose hope.

Thank you for your encouragement. :) I hope I hear from them soon. I also applied to Touro as well and have not heard back yet as well. I hope you hear good news from the school that you would like to go to.

Members don't see this ad :)
Angelsplight, I hope you hear back from them soon with good news. Are you a pre-pharm student taking pre-req?

Angelsplight, I hope you hear back from them soon with good news. Are you a pre-pharm student taking pre-req?
Just normal Biology taking pre-reqs. As a current LIU student I kind of want to go there since it is close but I'm currently leaning towards St.John Fisher if I'm out of wait list for Fisher. Since I'm wait listed in Fisher, I might as well wait it out patiently and see what kind of response I get from LIU over the next couple of months.