Long list of question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

syedj94

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi All!
I am stuck in a unfortunate situation in regards to my GPA. I currently have a 3.24 Cumulative and 3.1 sGPA. I am applying this summer, so I have one last semester to increase this and reasonably, I can bring this up to a 3.33 Cumulative and 3.2 sGPA. I have to take a few classes over summer to finish my Gen Ed classes, which will increase my GPA to a 3.41 overall and 3.23 science. But the problem is that these classes are going to end in late July, and the application starts in early June. Due to my low stats, I don't want to end up applying even a bit late, but at the same time I have this GPA that can be improved. Another thing is that I can increase my GPA to a 3.47 Cumulative and 3.3 science by the end of December, but again, this is too late to apply and the stats still aren't that great.
So my question is if I could do a transcript update to "update" my GPA. And by doing so, would my application screening be put on hold until I submit new transcipts? Also, since you can only update once, is it advisable to update in the end of December?

My low GPA is due to a D I received during my first semester during which I actually had a surgery and I was having trouble with school. After that, I improved and then unfortunately took 12 credits of upper level math classes and 6 credits of science classes together in one semester. I ended up passing all the classes, but got C's in 3 of them. After that semester, I am doing fine again, but still I can't take enough credits to take my GPA up to a 3.6.
I did dental assisting, shadowing and volunteering. I am a member of the dental club, and most probably doing research next semester. I was also a TA and tutor, and I worked at a nursing home. I received an award for Mathematics excellence and the usual Dean's list. I have LOR's figured out, but I haven't done the DAT yet, and I am aiming for a 21 on it. I was thinking about writing on my personal statement that I am actually a great student since I have been doing 3.5-4.0 all semesters except those two semester where I was having a surgery and the other where I did a course overload.
Now finally, with the situation provided above, do you guys think I have much of a chance of getting?

THANKS!!

Members don't see this ad.