Long term effects of adderall

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

paco5555

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, first post here...my question is, people are prescribed adhd medications like this for daily, sometimes twice and up to three times daily usage. There is information regarding the side effects such as cardiovascular problems for people using it either irresponsibly or at too high of a dosage. Although, I cannot seem to find any information on if it is causing long term stress to the heart for adhd and add patients, if it contributes to an earlier mortality rate, and later decreased cognitive function without the drug etc. Is there a health difference for patients that need it compared to people using it recreationally, because although both orally ingest the same chemicals, the two receive different effects. The patient theoretically uses it to be normal, and complete common day to day functions, whereas the user takes it to serve a different level of cognitive ability. If anyone has some information on this for my research paper that would be wonderful.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Status
Not open for further replies.