Long time lurker here. Don't want to be a doctor anymore.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Imsofly

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
the whole loans and 7 or 8 years of studying...I've realized it wasn't for me. But thank you to everyone for all the helpful advice you guys gave me here! Even though everyone says stay away from these forums because people are always like "omg i got a 3.9 and a 47 on the mcat and i cured cancer i wont make it into one med school" type people, there are definitely helpful ones here! Thank you!

I have decided to become a PA instead. Is there a forum similar to this one that has to do with physician assistant? If anyone can link me, it'd be much appreciated! Thank you for everything!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
the whole loans and 7 or 8 years of studying...I've realized it wasn't for me. But thank you to everyone for all the helpful advice you guys gave me here! Even though everyone says stay away from these forums because people are always like "omg i got a 3.9 and a 47 on the mcat and i cured cancer i wont make it into one med school" type people, there are definitely helpful ones here! Thank you!

I have decided to become a PA instead. Is there a forum similar to this one that has to do with physician assistant? If anyone can link me, it'd be much appreciated! Thank you for everything!

Click on forums, scroll down a bit, and you're there.

Members don't see this ad :)
Both. Whatever good resources you can get.

Reactions: 1 user
Congratulations on figuring that out sooner rather than later! Good luck with your future career.

Perfectly OK, and good luck!

Good luck! Just remember that it isn't, strictly speaking, 7-8 years of classroom type studying.

Every medical profession is a learning process, and becoming a PA will take a huge investment as well. I know the PA program where I live requires above 4000 hours of clinical hands-on, experience -- they state the equivalent of 6.5 years. That's BEFORE you enter a 2 year program. I believe medical processes tend to be relative in terms of responsibility and time commitment. However, I wish you the best of luck!