Longest time between secondary and interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

godawg300

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know it varies by school, but I'm just curious if anyone has received an interview at a school after being complete for a really long time. I'm talking 2-3+ months after submission. I'm very happy with the invites I have received but wondering if I should just give up on some schools and just count them as rejections as this point. I'm just looking for anecdotes, or personal experience.

Members don't see this ad.

I know it varies by school, but I'm just curious if anyone has received an interview at a school after being complete for a really long time. I'm talking 2-3+ months after submission. I'm very happy with the invites I have received but wondering if I should just give up on some schools and just count them as rejections as this point. I'm just looking for anecdotes, or personal experience.

Interview invites extend into March for some schools. That's when I received my last one. My friend received her one and only invite in Feb to a school that accepted her without waitlisting beforehand. On the other hand, some schools stop really early (NYU?) and don't really send invites after Dec. I think the best way to gauge is to look at the school specific thread from last cycle...just be aware that AMCAS (dys)function or factors like construction affecting an admissions office can shift the season by several weeks year to year.

Interview invites extend into March for some schools. That's when I received my last one. My friend received her one and only invite in Feb to a school that accepted her without waitlisting beforehand. On the other hand, some schools stop really early (NYU?) and don't really send invites after Dec. I think the best way to gauge is to look at the school specific thread from last cycle...just be aware that AMCAS (dys)function or factors like construction affecting an admissions office can shift the season by several weeks year to year.

Thanks! That's good to know. I'll go ahead and read through last years threads.

Members don't see this ad :)
I matriculated at a school where my II came >6 months after I was complete. It is certainly possible.

Reactions: 1 user