Menu Icon Search
Close Search

About the ads

1. If you prefer the SDN Blue style, go to the bottom left of the page and select "SDN Blue"

Look out Spartanburg, SC...here I come?

Discussion in 'Family Medicine' started by HamSandwich, 04.20.03.

1. HamSandwich

HamSandwich Member

SDN 7+ Year Member

SDN Members don't see this ad. (About Ads)
    I have read the scutwork pages and the entire spartanburg FP website but would like to know a little more. the program looks great from what i read......but before I rotate there can you tell me if you like SC? how about the area in general? I live in the Northeast so it would be a bit different. Do you have any good tids about the program in general, what you like/what you dont....I will take any and all tids....

muchos muchos gracias
  2. Matty

Matty Junior Member

SDN 7+ Year Member
    Look forward to not very much in the way of distinct seasons and a very long, hot, humid summer. And bring lots of bug spray. I live in SC. One positive is the people down here. My wife lived in Maryland before we met. She has sorta the same opinion I do. Love the people and community, hate the weather. But then again, you may love the heat and not be a snow-bunny!:cool:

Considering that your main focus will be on people during your res, Spartanburg sounds like a great choice. However, and this is not a punch at either side, but some Northerners just don't like the South and see the people as "fake." My two cents...;)

One good site I have found to compare the objectives (as opposed to subjectives) of different places is www.bestplaces.net. Of course this is not a good way to get a "feel" for a place - you can't look at raw data and tell if a place is good for you.

If you are thinking of relocating in such a drastic way, my advice would be that when you do your interview, allow some time to see the town, grab a bite to eat, drive through the neighborhoods, go to a barber shop, sit on a park bench and read a book, etc.

Good luck.

// Share //

Style: SDN Universal