Looking for a diagnosis for this case

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Umairshariff23

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
58 year old female presented with a lesion over plantar surface if foot.

Histopathology of lesion shows stratified squamous lining of skin with evidence of acanthosis, hyperkeratosis, parakeratosis and acantholysis. Underneath is dense collagenous stroma showing numerous small and few dilated vessels. Also stroma shows infiltration occasionally by neutrophils and different cell elements like spindle, same end cells forming groups/nests.

I would really appreciate everyone helping out with a diagnosis and differential diagnosis with this case.

Thank you in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

Your description sounds a lot like low-grade non-ossifying fibromyxoid pseudotumor of tendon sheath, foot type.

58 year old female presented with a lesion over plantar surface if foot.

Histopathology of lesion shows stratified squamous lining of skin with evidence of acanthosis, hyperkeratosis, parakeratosis and acantholysis. Underneath is dense collagenous stroma showing numerous small and few dilated vessels. Also stroma shows infiltration occasionally by neutrophils and different cell elements like spindle, same end cells forming groups/nests.

I would really appreciate everyone helping out with a diagnosis and differential diagnosis with this case.

Thank you in advance.

I don't think anyone can provide a meaningful diagnosis on the basis of that
micro. Talk to the pathologist (or one at your med school.)