Looking for a Job

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tompharm

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What is the best method to find a pharmacist position. I have tried applying only to the major drug store chains online over the past year and have only gotten one call for an interview. That took almost 4 months to hear back from them. Where else can I look for job with just a pharm. d. and no experience? Are there headhunters out there that would be able to help me find a job?

Members don't see this ad.

What is the best method to find a pharmacist position. I have tried applying only to the major drug store chains online over the past year and have only gotten one call for an interview. That took almost 4 months to hear back from them. Where else can I look for job with just a pharm. d. and no experience? Are there headhunters out there that would be able to help me find a job?

Applying on-line seems to be the choice for many of the people here looking for jobs.

Members don't see this ad :)
Applying on-line seems to be the choice for many of the people here looking for jobs.

Yes because obviously cvs has a career fair every weekend at a neighborhood cvs.

when did you graduate? tbh, I'm pretty afraid of the job market at this point. I too don't have experience and it sucks b/c I did everything I could to find an internship. I am working on my MBA and doing rotations too. Everything at this point seems that it would be hard for me to get a job and even harder for me to get a residency. What exactly are you looking in at this point. Retail and hospital?

when did you graduate? tbh, I'm pretty afraid of the job market at this point. I too don't have experience and it sucks b/c I did everything I could to find an internship. I am working on my MBA and doing rotations too. Everything at this point seems that it would be hard for me to get a job and even harder for me to get a residency. What exactly are you looking in at this point. Retail and hospital?

Be diligent in networking and trying to volunteer and something will come up

Well I plan on looking for both. I took a lot of rotations in hospital because I wanted to attempt a residency but I don't know if I am competitive. So I believe there is a possibility that some hospitals will hire staff pharmacists without residencies so I will look for those positions. I also don't have a lot of retail experience so if anything I really want a position as a graduate intern so I can learn the ins and outs of the position. So I am going to find the best position and consider all offers if they come but it really seems like it is going to be tough these days to find a job in pharmacy.

Well I plan on looking for both. I took a lot of rotations in hospital because I wanted to attempt a residency but I don't know if I am competitive. So I believe there is a possibility that some hospitals will hire staff pharmacists without residencies so I will look for those positions. I also don't have a lot of retail experience so if anything I really want a position as a graduate intern so I can learn the ins and outs of the position. So I am going to find the best position and consider all offers if they come but it really seems like it is going to be tough these days to find a job in pharmacy.

Pretty sure graduate interns position are only for those who are going to be hired but yet to receive licensure. Not really meant for licensed RPh's to learn the job... Supposed to have done that as an intern during school or on rotations.