Looking for a LECOM Seton Hill sensei

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Doghead

We make our own luck.
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
The Dean mentioned during our interviews that there were matches into Derm, radiology and ophtho this year, so I'm trying to find one of these success stories who can pay it forward. Do you exist sensei??

I will be matriculating this year, and I'm trying to find someone who has successfully matched into their specialty of choice coming through LECOM Seton HIll. Someone who snagged a high Step 1 USMLE amidst the PBL. Someone who found research in the area. Someone who landed some awesome rotations. Someone who can maybe pay these experiences forward? I can PM if preferred.
Au revoir.

Members don't see this ad.

I'd like to see that match list. I'm not calling the dean a liar, but if that is in fact the case I'm surprised I didn't hear about it by now.

And radiology isn't that impressive of a match anymore these days depending on the specific program.

Two dermatology matches this year is what was said amongst others.

Members don't see this ad :)
Doghead, congratulation on your acceptance ! would you mind sharing your stats, since I have been looking into LECOM website I can not find any info. for their students profile. thanks

The Dean mentioned during our interviews that there were matches into Derm, radiology and ophtho this year

Did he specifically say that Seton Hill students matched into derm and optho? Sometimes LECOM combines their campus stats together when relaying information.

Did he specifically say that Seton Hill students matched into derm and optho? Sometimes LECOM combines their campus stats together when relaying information.
In retrospect, he did not. I don't know where the discrepancy is, but I certainly am not going to accuse any dean lying. Regardless of these match stats, however, I am still looking for a sensei!

Chill guys.

LECOM-SH Ophtho Match was last year (2013). http://www.fcbc.net/archangel/woa/m...public_admissions/LECOM_2013_Match_Report.pdf
Military Match in TX

As far as Derm goes, that was from 2014 and is from LECOM-SH, but its not listed here, because again it was a Military match, advanced position for 2015 -> a lot of schools don't put PGY2 matches unless its with categorical pre-lim or something. The person who matched there is doing an ACGME TY this year.

Obviously Rads matches aren't really out of the ordinary, but SH matched 6 to Rads in 2013 and 3 in 2014. http://www.fcbc.net/archangel/woa/mgServeFile.php?fn=0_49_public_admissions/2014 LECOM Match Summary.pdf

As I've said over and over, match lists are not useful unless you average across multiple (at least 4-5) years or if you are looking at a very specific program. All it really tells you is where people's interests were in that specific class. Ideally, you'd like to know how many people matched to their 1st, 2nd, 3rd choice/rank, etc.

One thing this does tell you though, given that the more competitive matches were military, is that the military does NOT discriminate against DOs in the same way that ACGME programs do.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Chill guys.

LECOM-SH Ophtho Match was last year (2013). http://www.fcbc.net/archangel/woa/m...public_admissions/LECOM_2013_Match_Report.pdf
Military Match in TX

As far as Derm goes, that was from 2014 and is from LECOM-SH, but its not listed here, because again it was a Military match, advanced position for 2015 -> a lot of schools don't put PGY2 matches unless its with categorical pre-lim or something. The person who matched there is doing an ACGME TY this year.

Obviously Rads matches aren't really impressive, but SH matched 6 to Rads in 2013 and 3 in 2014. http://www.fcbc.net/archangel/woa/mgServeFile.php?fn=0_49_public_admissions/2014 LECOM Match Summary.pdf

As I've said over and over, match lists are not useful unless you average across multiple (at least 4-5) years or if you are looking at a very specific program. All it really tells you is where people's interests were in that specific class. Ideally, you'd like to know how many people matched to their 1st, 2nd, 3rd choice/rank, etc.

One thing this does tell you though, given that the more competitive matches were military, is that the military does NOT discriminate against DOs in the same way that ACGME programs do.
The NRMP used to report that. I wonder why they stopped? The thing that I am excited for is how the NRMP will report DO applicants going forward (with the unified system on the horizon): will they report DO applicants individually (meaning in their own category) or will they still be a part of the "independent applicants" pool?

The Dean mentioned during our interviews that there were matches into Derm, radiology and ophtho this year, so I'm trying to find one of these success stories who can pay it forward. Do you exist sensei??

I will be matriculating this year, and I'm trying to find someone who has successfully matched into their specialty of choice coming through LECOM Seton HIll. Someone who snagged a high Step 1 USMLE amidst the PBL. Someone who found research in the area. Someone who landed some awesome rotations. Someone who can maybe pay these experiences forward? I can PM if preferred.
Au revoir.

I am about to graduate from LECOM-SH in six months so you can PM with questions. I definitely prefer SH over the Erie Campus. But in the long run, both places will give you the same residency opportunities. If you prefer PBL, go to SH since the entire campus is PBL. We had a 100% board pass rate this year at SH. I know of at least 5 people off the top of my head who scored 240+ on the USMLE in my class. Med school is about what you put in. This is especially true for PBL as there is very little teaching. I highly recommend PBL to independent learners. I had so much free time and I learned so much more than I would have if I sat in a required lecture for 8-9 hours a day. Any other questions, PM me

Reactions: 3 users