Looking for advice...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dwade06

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I followed a modified version of sn2'ed mcat schedule. Completed ek 101 verbal and tpr hyperlearning verbal. I finished all the problems from ek 1001 chem and physics. Used ek bio and completed their 30 min exams. I did not use passages from tbr bio because they were very difficult. I did not do problems from ek 1001 ochem at all. Furthermore, I only completed half of the passages from the physics, chem, and ochem tbr chapters. My exam in on the 25th of oct. With that being said should I complete all the passages from each tbr chapter? What about the ek 1001 ochem, is their a minimum amount of problems I should complete?

Members don't see this ad.

How did you do on your practice? If you're doing well then I don't think you really have to do EK 1001 anymore because it means you have your content down. If that's the case, stick with TBR passages. There are a lot of practice in the TBR books and since you only have one month, I think it will be sufficient. That's what I'm doing now..sticking with TBR practice. My goal is to be done with at least over half the passages before the test which is like over 250 passages total.

if you are happy with your AAMC practice FL scores then you should do nothing differently.

however, if you are not, then do all the TBR. TBR bio is harder than the real MCAT but is absolutely worth doing. in fact, every passage in any of the TBR books is absolutely worth doing. I hear that TPRH is also excellent. EK problems kind of suck in my opinion, but are worth it as outlined in SN2ED method, just b/c they are quick to do. to me, it sounds like you have enough time to do a large chunk of TBR. try to do as much as you can w/o neglecting FL's and without overworking yourself to the point of exhaustion.