Looking for honest opinions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
C

Clockwork Biology

EDIT: I was (am) a newbie SDNer. Too much information for me to feel comfortable sharing.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
To be honest your chances at An MD are bleak at best and let alone Emory which is a very research heavy school. Your grad school gpa really doesn't matter for med school gpa...2.97 is not gonna cut it. Plus your research isn't that extensive for a grad student. I'd really aim for DO schools, even that will be difficult.

Reactions: 1 user
you have to be realistic and understand that if you really want to go MD, you not only are a longshot but are a few years away from making that happen. forget about emory.

your MCAT is decent, so maybe you'll have a chance at getting into an SMP. that could be your quickest route to MD. otherwise you'll need to do a post-bac and use the grade replacement policy to go DO

you have to be honest with yourself. your undergraduate grades make you untouchable for MD programs right now. it looks like you're doing just-OK in grad school too, and without a lot to show for it. do you really think you can handle what it'll take to repair your GPA, let alone medical school? are you prepared to invest the time and money into something that is, to be honest, a longshot? it's not impossible. but you need to ask yourself those questions, and be honest with yourself

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Right now, your chances at MD are slim to none. You are definitely a few years away from having a good shot. Your undergrad gpa will be a big problem for any schools, regardless of your graduate gpa. DO would be a better chance, because you might be able to use grade replacement.