Looking for OeC 9800 c-arm

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Doctodd

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Looking for OEC 9800 within about 10 years old.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
one thing - factory did a software upgrade on my 9800. has not been as good since. i bet they turned down the volts.

That sucks.....elaborate? Anyone else?

Members don't see this ad :)
i have a theory. the original 9800's got OEC into trouble because they were putting out too much radiation.
this is also why they had an incredible image. basically, they were cheating.
they got caught by the feds after GE bought them out.
the software upgrade brings the radiation back down to where it should be.
so incredible image is not bad now, but no longer incredible.
this is only a theory. i have no evidence to back it up.

i have a theory. the original 9800's got OEC into trouble because they were putting out too much radiation.
this is also why they had an incredible image. basically, they were cheating.
they got caught by the feds after GE bought them out.
the software upgrade brings the radiation back down to where it should be.
so incredible image is not bad now, but no longer incredible.
this is only a theory. i have no evidence to back it up.

I was told be an OEC competitor that they had been putting out too much radiation. OEC was forced to pull it from the market for a while. The OEC rep claimed that they had retired the model but demand was so strong that they brought it back. That story sounded like B.S.

I went with Philips because the image was good and about 25% cheaper.

i like my 9800. it is an older one, and as my tech reminds me, it was not made in China like the OEC in the room next door.
but we had a lot of trouble with our Philips c arm, some other department has it now. i think a lot of how much you like a c arm depends on customer support.
CS never seemed to be there for us with the Philips, maybe it was a good c arm, and the CS was lousy. OEC CS is pretty good. at least where i work.