Looking for partners to study to take BCPS therapeutic exam

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LOLO

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a newly graduate of 2011 and been in clinical practice for about a year now, I could not go for residency program since I have huge student loan..., I am thinking to prepare for the BCPS certificate from now.
Since working in hospital is too busy, I cannot find time to discuss clinical issues with fellow pharmacists at work, for that. Thought if I found partners that can spend few hours a day to work on clinical issues using therapeutic book from ACCP we may accomplish a lot till the time when we are eligible to take the exam. We can even use live media such as messanger or Skype to study and discuss, may be daily clinical experiences.

If any one interested, please reply to this post or email me.

Members don't see this ad.

I am a newly graduate of 2011 and been in clinical practice for about a year now, I could not go for residency program since I have huge student loan..., I am thinking to prepare for the BCPS certificate from now.
Since working in hospital is too busy, I cannot find time to discuss clinical issues with fellow pharmacists at work, for that. Thought if I found partners that can spend few hours a day to work on clinical issues using therapeutic book from ACCP we may accomplish a lot till the time when we are eligible to take the exam. We can even use live media such as messanger or Skype to study and discuss, may be daily clinical experiences.

If any one interested, please reply to this post or email me.

Dont you need 3 yrs of clinical experience to sit on one of them :confused:

Dont you need 3 yrs of clinical experience to sit on one of them :confused:

Yes, 3 yrs clinical if no residency...like the OP. BCPS deadline for registration has passed and the exam is in a month.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes, 3 yrs clinical if no residency...like the OP. BCPS deadline for registration has passed and the exam is in a month.

Yes I know, i am not planning to take the exam this year. Since our job does not let us have rich clinical experience and residency program is an enrichment program helping resident to shorten the time to learn enough to get them pass the exam. Thus, starting from now to prepare until we become qualified is the goal of this idea.

Most people study from the book. I'm using the ACCP prep book and the recorded lectures. I also bought on a whim the ASHP prep material which are online lectures. Contact me in the future and I'll let you know which one was better or even needed. I'll be taking the test in a month but only studied a month for it and I have no hospital experience but I figure just try this year and try again next year. The prep material is pricey, spent close to $1000 for all of it.

Most people study from the book. I'm using the ACCP prep book and the recorded lectures. I also bought on a whim the ASHP prep material which are online lectures. Contact me in the future and I'll let you know which one was better or even needed. I'll be taking the test in a month but only studied a month for it and I have no hospital experience but I figure just try this year and try again next year. The prep material is pricey, spent close to $1000 for all of it.

wow! that is too much money! People do not even spend that for medical exam preparation.

OP, I can give you some good review material to use. From what I know, the exam focuses on Statistics and Study evaluation a lot.

Best thing you can do is check out some cheap Behavioral Science review books for Medical USMLE Step 1. This covers Epidemiology, Biostats, and Clinical trials. They also explain them much better than what I saw in the ACCP books a few years back. I am not sure what material ACCP has these days though.

Maybe this poster can elaborate more on this perhaps? I could not imagine spending $1,000 though. It sounds like a monopoly. I can help you study for it though if you like. Just send me a PM.

Good luck!!!!:thumbup:

The costs add up, the ACCP book with lectures and don't forget the membership to ACCP to get the member discount. I also got the ASHP material which added a lot to the cost cause I had to get ASHP membership too. I don't think all this material was necessary myself but I know what material I need to study effectively and I do well listening to lectures. So that's what I got.

I went to the prep course at ACCP and got the materials (book and CD of lectures). I had 2 years of hospital experience, studied for months ahead of time and finished a year of residency - still thought it was very difficult. I passed but I wouldn't have been surprised if I didn't.

I went to the prep course at ACCP and got the materials (book and CD of lectures). I had 2 years of hospital experience, studied for months ahead of time and finished a year of residency - still thought it was very difficult. I passed but I wouldn't have been surprised if I didn't.

I know my chances are low since I didn't have time to study, but I figure the retest is $300 and it'll give me a preview for when I need to retake next year.