Looking for PGY-2 positions? Clearinghouse?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

serimeri

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
Is there a clearinghouse or website on the AAFP that has a list of PGY-2 positions? I tried looking at AMA and Findaresident, but was wondering if there was a specific clearinghouse?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I am assuming your PD knows you want to switch programs?
I just did this myself and my PD emailed his list serve stating what I was looking for and got a few leads that way
Then I just went state by state and looked at every program they had and looked at the website to see if it matched what I was looking for
Then I crafted emails to program directors or contact people inquiring about a second or third year position and saying what I thought they had that for with what I wanted and how I could enhance their program
Ultimately I found a position this way and will be transferring in July
Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I am assuming your PD knows you want to switch programs?
I just did this myself and my PD emailed his list serve stating what I was looking for and got a few leads that way
Then I just went state by state and looked at every program they had and looked at the website to see if it matched what I was looking for
Then I crafted emails to program directors or contact people inquiring about a second or third year position and saying what I thought they had that for with what I wanted and how I could enhance their program
Ultimately I found a position this way and will be transferring in July
Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Above is the way it works if your PD likes you or at least doesn't want to terminate your career --- otherwise, you're on your own and have to start finding sympathetic attendings who know people who run residencies -- remember that the PDs of any specialty generally know each other and their word is taken as golden when it comes to what they think of a resident. DO NOT piss of your PD -- they can and will screw you; In Texas, to get your initial license you have to give your PD a form that they fill out and place in a sealed envelope with a piece of tape and their signature over the flap. This is included in your package and no, you don't get to see it...ever, even under subpoena if it comes to that.

Check on Freida for openings or on the DO residency website -- look for newer residencies as they tend to have open upper classes that need to be filled.

Good luck to you.

Reactions: 1 users