Looking for someone to audit my billing company

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

stickyshift

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Our billing company (which we've had since 2008) has undergone some big changes in ownership, which seemed to coincide with noticeable problems in collections last year (and so far, this year as well). Does anyone have any leads on someone who could do a top to bottom audit of our account? We would like to identify and fix any possible problems with our current company, but need some expert help.

Members don't see this ad.

Let me guess. Your with PSA.

It has been a downhill slide since McKesson bought them.

Members don't see this ad :)
Too bad. PSA used to be tops.

Consolidation is often the kiss of death.
If a biller sells out be prepared to find a new one if your net fall.

Mistrusting your billing people is a sickening sensation. I've been poking into our billing service and it seems like they're probably okay, but they're unable to actually show they're billing and collecting well with any kind of clarity. Working hard with that lurking in the back of your mind, you feel like you're desperately carrying water with a leaking bucket, and the more water you try to carry, the more holes appear in the bottom.

Reactions: 2 users
Mistrusting your billing people is a sickening sensation. I've been poking into our billing service and it seems like they're probably okay, but they're unable to actually show they're billing and collecting well with any kind of clarity. Working hard with that lurking in the back of your mind, you feel like you're desperately carrying water with a leaking bucket, and the more water you try to carry, the more holes appear in the bottom.

Ha! Over the course of 2 years, our AR over 120 days has more than quadrupled!
It kills me thinking about how much of our money is still out there and our billing company is falling way behind in collecting it.